1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to give to the girl who has everything

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Opheliac, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The birthday of a friend of mine is coming up in a couple of weeks... she was two years senior to me at school and we've stayed close since then. Anyway... my other friends and I are really wondering what we could give her, because she has... EVERYTHING.

She primarily likes reading, painting and music. But already she has all the books by her favourite authors, the entire discographies of all her favourite artists, all kind of merchandise and posters from things she likes, more clothes than she knows what to do with, all the art supplies she needs... we just can't think of anything.

For the last three years we've been giving her random quirky bits and bobs, but the thing is, she has so many things, that though she like and appreciates what we give her, she doesn't really use them. She kind of has too many things, and doesn't end up using most of them.

Does anyone have any idea what we could possibly give her? :/ we want it to mean something but we're completely out of ideas. We're making a big card, but we can't think of anything else.

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Find her a book by an author she doesn't read. Find her music by some obscure band from a country she's never been to.

Short of that, ask her. If she has a library that contains every book and a discography bigger than the iTunes store, she might appreciate being asked what she'd like.

3. tulipinacup

Hmmm maybe try making a big card and include pictures of your friends and her or a better idea would be a scrap book.

If not then I suggest going on a leisure activity. Maybe try Bunjee Jumping(if you guys don't mind doing something rather extreme) or Figure Skating. Take her to a Themed park and explore all the rides. It really depends on your budget though.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The card is a fine idea. However, I'd suggest making a little storybook of sorts. Maybe draw/paint little pictures, and write out how you met, what you like about her, what you did, and just other fun things. How you end it is up to you; but it'll be unique, and show you put a lot of time and thought into it.

As for the music aspect, I suppose you could make the words, have a sort of musical flow to them. Maybe some rhyming, too.

This way, you're incorporating what she likes, into a gift for her. She'll appreciate (or should) this fact, as well as the gift itself. I've found that, in my experience, people tend to like that. Of course, some folks won't admit to liking it, but for someone who you say is artsy and likes to read, this seems appropriate.

5. tulipinacup

or ooh how about taking her to a music concert of one of her favourite band/artist?

6. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess a fine wine is out of the picture... Age?

Try funny / cool shirts. That's what people end up getting me (I'm in the same position as her). People typically get me:

Alcohol
    Funny shirts
    gag gifts (like explosives - not kidding, I have a boat load of civilian legal to own explosives given to me by a police officer with a sense of humor)
    Jewelry
    Event based things (tickets and such)
    Clothes

I got tired of it eventually and made a public list on my google plus account that contains anything that interests me as a future purchase :slight_smile:

7. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing. By definition, if they have everything, then they can't already have nothing so it will be quite a suprise.:lol:

Seriously though, things like gift experiences can be good as they or both of you can go and enjoy it together whilst getting to be together also. You could also make them something. Or perhaps book a photo shoot. That way you could enjoy the experience and get some nice professional pictures of the pair of you to keep and treasure the memories.

Happy days :slight_smile:

8. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

What about a photo album with pictures of all of you in it and you have little messages on the back of each photo? Plus, photos of maybe outings or things like that.

9. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Give her some time with you.

A gift card for a walk in the park together... a picnic... a photo session...

10. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

a hella lunch or dinner

a butt

11. Candace

Take her out to eat, spend time with her, something basically that she doesn't have too much of and doesn't have at home. :slight_smile:

12. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Kaiser... That's a good idea, I might do that :slight_smile: the photo album is a good idea too.

Most of the music concerts we have here that we can afford are all local bands who we've all seen before... otherwise I might have done that.

The problem with funny/cool shirts is that she paints shirts and she's really good at it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But thanks for the suggestions everyone :slight_smile:

13. juliegt6

My sister doesn't have much money and she can't afford to give be gifts for my birthday. She found every photo of my cat as a kitten to adult and out them into a photo album. She even got several photos from camera phone shots developed. I still love that album. She also got this cute picture of her framed for me.

14. June Cleaver

Bake her a special birthday cake yourself, I usually make candy, or chocolate truffles, or hard candy, or whatever I make that I know they like that I make. Sometimes I throw the party. June

15. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amusement park

16. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What about chocolate. Can't go wrong with chocolate.