1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys, I envy you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by charlie t, Aug 23, 2014.

1. charlie t

charlie t Guest

You were born with all the parts that you need to be male. I was not. I have to struggle with having a vagina and breasts when I don't think I was supposed to have them. I usually wear sports bras to work because they make my breasts look smaller, and I don't have a binder, and today I put on a regular bra and started crying when I put my shirt on. I looked like a girl. That's not what I wanted. Guys don't have trouble talking to girls like I do. No straight girls are interested in dating me, even though I think I'm trans, and no lesbians want to date me either. I'm just saying, that I think you're really lucky. Thanks for letting me vent.

2. Given To Fly

3. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    More then happy to listen to you vent. I understand your pain you are not alone there.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

That's funny, because, I was just thinking... I envy you!

5. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^^ Yeah. But she probably meant guys that dig being dudes.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I. can feel the posit

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Even so. It's just my way of saying, I relate. I understand.

Charlie t, I do feel your pain. It is cruel to be born, and your body not match the way you perceive yourself. It's like living in a constant state of frustration, disappointment, and misery. But you can make minor changes, take minor steps, to better cope. While it may seem difficult, even hopeless right now, the first step is to begin embracing who you are. On the inside, as corny as that sounds. Because, one look at me, and you'd assume I was a happy male, but on the inside, I'm just a lovingly rough lady. Just because I can hang with the boys, doesn't necessarily make me one. In the same way, just because you can hang with the girls, doesn't necessarily make you one.

Start small, my dear. Look in the mirror, and smile. If you cannot do that, then compliment yourself, on things you like, are good at, that you are interested in or curious about. Establish a foundation, then build upon that. See the good in what you do have, so that you may appreciate what you can have. Once you are able to do that, life becomes a little easier, a tad more clear, and you can decide your next step. I had to do this, and, even though I slip and have my moments, it is undeniable that I am further down the road, than I was before. I may not "look enough" like a woman, according to society, but looks don't make a woman -- spirit does.

It is the same for you. A man isn't what he does, it's who he is. If that is indeed who is inside, acknowledge him, guide him, and bring him to the forefront. A body that doesn't match or not, swagger isn't about that, nor does it care. All it requires is the ability to, well, be who you are.

You will find support, and love. I have. Most have. Cherish it, spread it, and, one day, you will take flight, with it the wind beneath your wings.

I apologize for the Hallmark remarks, but, I figured, you could use a pick-me-up. Grade A, even.

8. Dakeli27

I'm not uncomfortable being male, but it makes people assume things about you. I guess that's true no matter who you are, male, female, neither, gay, straight... But I guess I notice the male stereotypes more because I don't fit them.

9. SeaSalt

You Sir have never met me. Im a socially anxious train wreck!

Have a hug nonetheless (*hug*)

10. Dakeli27

I didn't even see this part. I am extremely socially inept, and have next to no confidence, especially around someone I like.

11. Candace

I'm really sorry that you feel this way :/. It must be extremely hard for you and I wish I could offer some magic words or assurance that would make you feel all better. :S.

12. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm sitting here with a vagina and two titties and I'm thinking, "I'm so fuckin' manly."

Thing is, I wasn't born female. I was born with female anatomy, and it was only recently that I realized that, all my life, I've been male.

My body says differently, but hey, fuck you, body. I'm not letting you control my future. You shouldn't let yours, either. Sooner or later, I'll transition. You will too. It gets better. Trust me on this one.

How does it feel, to not look down and feel a sudden, jarring feeling of disconnection?

I don't know. But, I will. And you will, too. Don't ever doubt that. Keep holding on. Keep fighting.

It'll get better.

#12 Nychthemeron, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  13. The part about putting on a real bra and crying really hit me hard because I have experienced the same thing. As you already know I wear sports bras all day every day but, when I made the decision to finally get rid of all the lacy bras that were collecting dust in the back of my closet, I felt so empowered, but my mother did not share my excitement. With convincing about how they are "uncomfortable" and "don't fit properly" she finally let me dispose of them. What she doesn't know is that her daughter likes to leave the house in baggy shirts and no makeup because she wants to be a boy.

14. JayM3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I envy you! I was born with this thing in between my legs and a flat chest. I've used it (once on my ex) but it isn't what i want. And since I'm trans, no girl wants to date me either

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can we please switch?

16. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If only it were so fucking simple. If only.

I can't help but wonder if there's somebody out there who has my body, just like I have theirs.