1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Favorite Coffee Spot is....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Candace, Aug 23, 2014.

?

What is your favorite coffee spot?

1. Starbucks

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Dunkin' Donuts

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Caribou Coffee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Seattle's Best

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. McDonald's

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Other (please explain which one)

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. Candace

What is your favorite coffee spot? Why?

I personally like Dunkin' Donuts (I'm at one while I type this message). They have a happy hour special, everyday from 3-6 pm. $1 any size iced/hot coffee/tea. You can't beat that. And their donuts are delicious (eating a lemon one right now).

I think that Dunkin' Donuts is good, solely for the fact that you get more for what you pay for. I can get two donuts and a medium coffee for $3.29. A small chai tea latte at Starbuck's is $3.75. A quiche at Starbucks is $3.45. Granted, I only go to Starbucks when a friend wants to go there and/or I have a gift card/free drink on my birthday.

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite coffee spot changes, sometimes several times a year...but is *always* a small, local place that brews fresh-ground beans, knows how to make decently strong and rich coffee, and has a wicked Americano and/or Red-eye.

Such places beat any chain I've ever encountered.

3. Ryujin

My favourite "coffee place" (I'm going to take that as a coffee shop, I never drink coffee there.)
    Is either a local place called Caffè Cream who serve possibly the nicest ice cream ever
    Or Costa who make good paninis

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favourite coffee place is actually my brother's house. HE makes seriously good coffee!

I did vote for Starbucks, though. I like their caffeinated hot softdrink style of coffee and their brownies are seriously tasty.
    Never had coffee at McDonalds, and the other names in the poll don't even exist in Belgium.

5. Candace

I said coffee place, since McDonald's isn't necessarily a coffee shop, so to speak. Sorry, I should have clarified that before.

6. Ryujin

No problem, as you can see, I was able to work it out :grin:

Do you have Costa Coffee s in the states?

7. Candace

Never heard of it until you mentioned it :lol:

I just put the "other, please explain" since I obviously couldn't think of every single coffee chain off the top of my head. And I'm bound to learn about other coffee chains worldwide because of you guys. Guess what? I learned about Costa Coffee today :grin:.

8. Ryujin

Wooh!
    If you ever come over to England, you should definitely try their paninis, I think they're really good, though I might just have terrible taste, in a very literal sense :grin:

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coffee chains tend to make God-awful coffee. There's a café in the Canberra CBD I always go to. Its coffees, teas, and food taste delicious, and they actually make good almond coffee.

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite local shop is either Red Emma's or Tribecca Roasters.

I really, really hate Starbucks, and the over-roasted, burnt taste their coffee has, which also seems to border on the artificial...as do many of their offerings.

I'll admit, I'm a coffee snob. I like a local roaster/shop that knows their beans!

But going back to Starbucks: I'd rather have regular McDonald's even...at least it isn't so over-done and cloying.

11. DMark69

I answered other. My coffee spot is the Paramount Cafe in downtown Cheyenne WY.

12. stormborn

i said other.
    there's a local place here called Transcend Coffee. holy mother of god, do they make good coffee.

my favourite chain place is Tim Hortons. i'm very canadian :lol:

13. Pax

Pax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm in the UK, and my favourites are Boston Tea Party and Soho Coffee Co. Both are well-established national chains although tend to be 'concentrated' in particular towns/cities.

In terms of my favourite coffee spot than can be found wherever you go, I'm a big fan of Costa Coffee.

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Other."

I prefer small, local shops vs chains. Although, these days, I seldom have coffee in a coffee shop, and when I do, it does seem to end up someplace like Starbucks.

My favorite dedicated coffee shop was a small shop near a local college campus. Under the original owner, the coffee wasn't the best I've had, but it was quite decent for a coffee shop. And I really liked the environment. My favorite touch was a sign on the wall saying "Our first dollar." And it held a five dollar bill. The owner told me that he'd been given the sign as a gift before opening the shop, but, as it turned out, the first customer paid with that five dollar bill.

15. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Other :lol:

Personally, I prefer to just get a cup of iced coffee from my fridge every morning, best way to wake up :grin:

16. TurtleCat

I like Starbucks because they have some really delicious drinks. I love their mocha cookie crumble mmm <3

I also have some local places that are delicious. There is one here in New Orleans called PJ's that is good. I love the atmosphere and ambience of a coffee shop. Nothing like going in there and sitting down while reading and sipping coffee on a rainy day.

17. AAASAS

McDonalds has the best coffee available at least where I live. It's always fresh. As a Canadian I actually do not like Tim Horton's. Their baked stuff is alright; still prefer Country Style donuts, and their coffee is pretty garbage. McDonalds has super fresh coffee everytime.They also don't put cream in my coffee when I ask for milk No where else gives me that. Starbucks coffee is a hit or a miss as well.

I've had Dunkin Donut's before and their coffee is alright, their donuts aren't near as good as Country Style or Tim Horton's though.

They also have ridiculous sized coffee

#17 AAASAS, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  18. AlamoCity

Starbucks. The only reason is because my dad likes it. I don't drink coffee, but I'll go there and have an iced black tea when my dad and sister want to go there. Personally, I prefer to brew my own Luzianne tea bags and make "real" sweet tea, but that's just me.

In the holiday season, I actually do like to try a "seasonal" hot beverage.

19. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I like a local place called the songbird cafe, they have great drinks like lavender lattes.

20. XRay

My kitchen :slight_smile: