1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Occupation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbow Girl, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Rainbow Girl

Question for the people of EC, what do you for a living? Or if you're still in school, what do you want to do?

I'm a high school student, but I want to work in politics and human rights someday.

2. Dakeli27

My dream is to eventually get on Mars One, and I think unless I get too tall or it gets canceled, I have a pretty good chance of getting on in the next selection process.
    In the likely case that that never happens, something with science and space.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a great aspiration! (*hug*)

I'm a software engineer.

I wish I could be a feminist professionally though. Since I pretty much can't, I have to settle with my profession.

I am considering a career change to computer security analysis. I don't know what color I want my hat to be yet.

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in college (the terminological differences are confusing for outsiders, but it's a level above what we call high school that students must go through to go to university), and I have a casual job as a secretary/receptionist at a tutoring firm.

What I want to do, however, is become a bureaucrat. At 16, however, an idea is not a solid career plan. At the moment, I'm looking at studying undergraduate law and languages at university first. I'm not entirely sure what I'll want in the future, but I'm getting the grades to go to a pretty good legal school. So I'll aim for the immediate future that's only a year and a few months away.

5. Toast8971

I wanna become a cop... Then work my way up to be a P.I.

6. Intoxicating

Intoxicating Guest

I'm still in High school, But I'm hoping to one day become a Social worker. I just want to help people in some way, and I'm pretty sure it's the perfect job to allow me to do that. But for now, I'm still just a junior in high school.:icon_bigg

7. DMark69

I am a Satellite Controller, by trade. That is I monitor Telemetry, Track and command a fleet of Geostationary Satellites.

I am also in a non paid position as a board member of my state's gay rights organization.

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Originally I was a Flight Science major with the hopes of getting my pilot's license and flying for Delta or one of the big airlines. Now I'm an Airline Management major with the intent of doing an MBA afterwards. I'm hoping I'll find a job in the airline industry, but if not, I won't be pigeon-holed.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm still in school, but I want to become a computer engineer

10. Ryujin

Isn't that a one-way mission? That sounds terrifying. You must be brave.

I want to work as a software engineer or in making Indie games. Something to do with programming.

11. Rainbow Girl

Thank you! (*hug*) Professional feminist sounds kind of close to what I was thinking doing. I was thinking maybe I'd work for Planned Parenthood or some kind of women's organization, advocating for causes or maybe talking to teenagers about safe sex in schools. Then when I have enough seniority, take some time off every so often to work on election campaigns. I worked on my first political campaign this spring and discovered I'm really passionate about it. I'll also do a lot of volunteering for my party of choice in my spare time.

12. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Investment banker--my degrees are in religious studies. Life's weird sometimes.

13. Dakeli27

Goldenarrow, yes. We don't have the tech to come back, and there's no knowing when it'll be invented, so Mars One is going to just go for it. this doesn't necessarily rule out a return, as that tech might be invented in our lifetime, but I'm not sure I would come back. It was always my dream to leave a legacy, and I can see few others as huge as being one of the first members of th first human colony on another planet. Sure, nobody will know my name, just like nobody knows the name of nearly everyone in the Apollo missions, but it'll be I'm the history books. I will have hugely contributed to the advance of humanity, and holy f**king shit, I'm going to live on MARS!

14. LadyRedRover

I'm currently a freelance writer and babysitter lol I want to be a teacher and a novelist though :slight_smile:

15. Gwendolyn

Plan on being an Astrophysicist. My backup will probably be translator.(Japanese, maybe. It's a fun language. I enjoyed learning it so far).
    My plans may not be that good as of right now, but I'll probably refine them in college.

16. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I plan on becoming a math teacher and/or psychologist. The only problem I see with that is becoming your student's psychologist.

17. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only in middle school, but my hopes are to become a pediatric therapist, or a lgbt+ therapist

18. TurtleCat

I work as a CNA at a group home for the elderly. I love what I do and enjoy taking care of people. I plan to go back to school to become an LPN or RN when I get the money.

19. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a college student and I have a job at the student union doing event planning, event management, student government assistant work, and general errand boy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This job is fun, but it's definitely not a career lol

I'm probably going to end up being a teacher, but I'm 100% sure at this point.

20. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i work in Government Administration. when i grow up i would like to be a farmer...