1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I went to as straight venue - and you thought WE were 'promiscious'...goodness.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Damien, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As I'm bi, and as my usual gay venue is really quite a trip to get to and back from, I though I'd try a straight dance venue, just to dance and well, you know I'm not averse to the idea of dancing with a woman, either. Anyway, I just wanted to say that, even here at ec, I have read that "gay venues tend to attract the promiscuous". I just wanted to clarify this statement, and say that this is not limited to those who go to gay venues, but those who go to any nightclub dance venues at all. In fact some of the behaviour I witnessed last night, could have had a voice-over done by David Attenborough. I mean, is it really ok to go up to a women you have never met, and rub yourself right against her body, without even asking first? Or go up behind her, and rub your crotch into her bottom? Jeez at least introduce yourself and say hello first. Really, thus far, I actually think that what I have seen at the gay venue, is generally a much more restrained, respectful and frankly civilized type of behaviour, than what I witnessed at the straight venue last night. We lgbt folk are not 'more promiscuous', the truth is many human beings are promiscuous, whether gay or straight. And while both venues probably do tend to attract those types, as I said, from what I've seen, the folks at the gay venue *generally* behave with more decorum than the folks at the straight venue, from my observations thus far. Just sayin'. Even just the state of the mens toilets after a few hours of use, at each respective venue, spoke volumes.

I'm not saying all of the guys behaved like that towards women there, but enough did to put me off a bit. What's more, a number of times, i would be dancing near to a couple of women, and some guy would basically just cut in and start dancing with them himself. I know it was my own fault in a way, for being so hesitant and shy, and not really dancing 'with' either of the women, but still, when I'm at the gay venue, like I said it's done with more subtlety, it's not so 'in your face', as if to say 'I'm the dominant male here, get out of my way!'.

#1 Damien, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. the haunted

This is why I don't go to clubs. I've only ever been to a gay club, but I don't think a non-gay club would be appealing either. Dudes rubbing their crotches on me? No thanks.

"It's never a cell phone. It's always what you think it is."
    -- My friend after being grinded on by a random dude at a club

3. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some of the guys, a minority but still, some seemed to treat the women with awful disrespect. One guy had a beer bottle, and put it to a woman's lips, in a sexually suggestive way. From what I could see, they were not boyfriend and girlfriend, I mean when she let him know it wasn't funny, he just wandered off. I mean seriously. As I said, I'm not saying the folks at the gay venue are perfect, just that they tend to be a bit more restrained and classy than that.

The irony is, I was never like that, even back in my 'straight days' I mean, and would actually be quite nice and respectful to any woman I met, but of course being so shy, only spoke with one woman the whole night. She was the one I sort of met while we were in line, waiting to get in! So just as with the gay venue, I just danced for a few hours till I could not go on, and went home. It really is just for the joy of dancing that I will keep going to the gay venue, even. I won't be going to a straight venue again for now, as to be honest I felt out of place there, and missed the gay venue's mood. (My dance moves are a bit 'girly' and one or two women actually laughed at me...that hurt, I can tell you. But at the gay venue that never happens! :slight_smile:.)

#3 Damien, Aug 23, 2014
  4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've seen this at straight clubs , this is kinda why I tried not to dance too sexy and I only liked dancing with other women , but I'll never forget I went to a gay club mostly other gay men were in there and a few straight women and two lesbians (me and this other woman ) and this straight couple was literally dancing like they were having sex , I'm not even joking it looked like sex with their clothes on and I was thinking you can tell what they do in bed when they have sex . I was shocked as hell , I don't go to straight clubs because I don't want guys touching me and i'm not interested in hooking up with men . I already get harassed in broad day light even today with damn a huge pimple on my face , I thought at least that would have kept the opposite sex away and great a break nope that didn't happen . Do you think I'm that crazy to go into a straight bar . I'm scared to death to be in there , I don't want men hitting on me or asking me out all night . I wouldn't even go with my straight female friends and I know my friends they'll ditch me for a man's cock in a heart beat and I won't have anyone to help cock block :tantrum: . I don't know I'm scared of straight clubs , not all men are bad in there but your sure to meet a couple of creepers in there :eek:
    I rather not dance at a straight club .:dry:

#4 stocking, Aug 23, 2014
  5. Candace

And that is why I too don't go to clubs. I'd rather hang out with a small amount of friends that I know will want to spend time with me and treat me with respect. No bar can ever do that.

6. the haunted

Yes. Small groups > everything

7. Mocha

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This happens all the time, I find it horrible. Last weekend I went to a gay club with a gay male friend for the first time ever. I thought it'd be great, get to dance and flirt with some women. But no, soon as I started dancing there was a couple of straight, or maybe bi guys dancing closely behind me, touching me. Needless to say they received the death stare and I moved away from them. Strangely enough that night I was hit on by 2 other men, who refused to believe I wasn't straight and yet when I had gone into the club, I had the notion I would be "safe" from being hit on by men! I think it just happens everywhere!

8. Lipstick Leuger

And this is exactly why I laugh at all the "I don't go to Pride because" threads. They mention nakedness and sex, etc and so on. However, go to some straight bars and you will see chicks flashing titties, ass crack and clevage all over the place, grinding on each others legs(dry humping) and pseudo sex during dancing.They are more gross because they do it all the time. Concerts, bars, parties, Spring Break(girls gone wild) and everywhere else.

9. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I almost exclusively go to 'straight' clubs and can confirm that there are a lots of sexually promiscuous people flashing body parts and grinding up against one another. Actually, there are people who will have sex against walls - they don't care. I don't care either, because I'm probably too intoxicated to notice. Alcohol + horniness = reduced inhibitions.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can relate to you this has been my experience in gay clubs .When I just started coming out , my first experience like yours was that I was harassed by a straight man that refused to believe I 'm lesbian, because in his words I was way to hot to be gay .
    My second time some guy I don't know maybe he was bisexual or straight ,was dancing behind me I was so pissed when I saw him after dancing I moved away and stayed with the straight girls and this other lesbian . Also one of the straight girl's boyfriend took it upon himself ,to try to push my head towards another straight girl's face that I was talking to in hopes that we kissed . When I removed his hand from my head and gave him ,a nasty stare and said " Hey don't do that " He then told me , the girl was curious and that I should make out with her , that girl then yelled back " NO I'm not " then begged me not to kiss her I then told her don't worry I respect her orientation unlike that guy . :dry:
    The club is mostly filled with gay men and only like maybe 1 or 2 straight men, but lately there has been a bunch of straight men showing up I think the reason they are is because straight women frequent this club to get away from straight men . I don't feel safe there , I didn't even feel like going back .

---------- Post added 24th Aug 2014 at 05:32 PM ----------

This is so true , I've seen it first hand , one of my straight friends at the time made fun of me for not being wild and acting like the other straight girls .

---------- Post added 24th Aug 2014 at 05:34 PM ----------

Like actual p in the v sex ?:confused:

I'm very scare of straight clubs I just know I'm going to be harassed

#10 stocking, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clubs are stupid.

Gay or straight. It's all about promiscuity there. If that's your thing then sure. Not my bag, baby.