1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What were your dreams and aspirations when you were a child?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by the haunted, Aug 23, 2014.

1. the haunted

What kind of job did you want? What kind of person did you think you were going to be? Did you want to be a parent? Anything else?

Tell me everything!!!!!!!
    Or not. You're the ruler of your own destiny.

I personally wanted to be an artist and also a dog.

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    An astronaut.

3. Yosia

I wanted to be both a dog and a cat! Also i wanted to be a singer but i cant sing ^.^

4. EatYourRikkios

I wanted to be a Broadway actor, or an artist. For a few years (read: four-ish on and off) I wanted to be a lawyer.

5. the haunted

Oh yeah and there was this girl with the same name as me growing up and she wanted to be a model. Now she's a model and I'm still not an artist.

Sad face.

6. Acm

Acm Guest

I wanted to be a cat when I was really young, then when I was a little older I wanted to be a vet

7. Candace

I wanted to be a voice actor :lol:. For that reason, I am very very good with imitating accents to very high levels of proficiency. :slight_smile:

8. Randomcloud

When I was really young I wanted to be a ballerina xD Then I went through the vet phase till I realized you actually had to put animals down

9. stormborn

i wanted to be a firetruck. not drive one... just be one.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Until I was about 17, I wanted to rule the world. This began at, the earliest I can recall, about age 7 or 8.

No, seriously. I had notebooks, with plans, and everything. Some of which I still have, and which provide a good glimpse into myself, back then. I would read psychology, world history, almanacs, geography books, anything, that would allow me some type of knowledge.

I truly believed that, as soon as I graduated high school, I would, somehow, begin to become supreme leader of the planet. My user name, actually, is a tribute to that phase of mine; when I decided 'Kaiser' sounded better than 'King', 'Emperor', 'Queen', 'Empress', though I have softened up to 'Empress'.

Before that, I thought I would become a bad ass in the Marines. The movie Aliens made me want to become a Marine. I believed that I would be a state-of-the-art, supersonic, electronic, ball-breakin' bad ass. Well, that did not work out too well for me.

I always aspired to do something. Even if I don't become a billionaire, fall in love, or come to be appreciated, I told myself, I want to leave a ripple upon the world -- I want to be the stone that splits the stream of time. I want to leave a mark on the world, be it upon society as a whole, a few close companions, or a significant individual.

Life is a windmill. But unless you have something, in this case, wind, it is practically useless. We all just have to find ours.

11. TurtleCat

When I was *really* little, I wanted to be a gymnast. I used to watch the Olympics as a kid and always admired the gymnasts and wanted to be like them. Then when I was a little older, I got into drawing comics and wanted to be a comic book artist. I still hope to sell some of my art one day.

12. Gen

Gen

I wanted to be a successful novelist and philanthropist. The former will be official in the near future; whether I am fortunate enough to be given opportunities to carry out the latter is much more up to chance.
    Note to self: Stay on Kaiser's good side.

13. the haunted

:roflmao:

You probably could take over the world if you wanted to haha. But I'd like to leave my mark on the world as well. I'd like to make a change for the better in someone's life. Apparently I already have changed someone's life (more or less, saved it) by talking to them while they were in a bad place in their life. I guess it was a pretty big deal since this person did me wrong countless times, but I still stuck around to talk in times of need. Now he's basing a character off of me in his movie script. I'd like to impact more lives like that.

14. 101DeadRoses

Ok... I did this too.

Among my wild, kind of terrifying aspirations to become world ruler, I wanted to be a writer and an artist, and while I can't draw very well, I am fast making my dream of being an author come true.

Just kidding, I'm about 2/5 of the way through the book. It reads lovely though!

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The good news, Gen, is, I have no bad side. I'm too good-looking for one, LOL!

Thank you, for that vote of confidence. I'll be sure to make you Minister of... something, what, I don't know yet. You want to dress snazzy and look mean? You could be a bodyguard, and stomp people's asses, for scuffing my awesome shoes!

Lol.

That's pretty awesome, to hear. You must feel pretty incredible, I know I would. Hell, I do, even when it's just hearing I've made somebody's day easier. As for having a character based off of you, can we expect this to be your launching pad, into the world of fame? And if so, can I have your autograph now, before you become too busy and cool?

16. the haunted

Haha if this movie ever gets off the ground. He's been working on it since 2008 or so. I told him I'd play my character if he was cool with it. Doubt I'd ever get famous off of it.

Busy, maybe. Cool, never in a million years. Too much of a dork haha.

17. Chief Beifong

My first aspiration was to be an astronaut. But the one I want to be is kinda impossible now, a knight. I really loved swords, bow and arrow, and weaponry, I first got the idea from Peter Pan, Robin Hood and King Arthur. So I wanted to be some type of historian specifically for medieval weapons.

18. black-cat

I wanted to be an actress or a makeup artist xD

19. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanted to ditch society and live in a forest all alone in a den and eat wild berries and talk to the animals. id have my own forest garden where id grow turnips and stuff and id travel the woods on a horse who id call may. I also wanted to build an epic tree house somewhere in the amazon. If I couldn't do that then I wanted to move to Alaska and work part time salmon fisherman part time writer.

20. Given To Fly

I wanted to be a train driver. I'm more than halfway there since I work on trains - so I guess at least summat went right lol

I also used to daydream about having kids and spending time with them. Maybe that will happen one day...