1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever fallen in love with someone who turns out to be homophobe?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MiseryJoe, Aug 24, 2014.

1. MiseryJoe

The title pretty much say all... Recently, I've fallen in love with a straight guy... I don't know how I would react if he turned out to be a discriminative minded homophobic jerk... Share your experience and thought....

2. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Worse, I was in love with someone who was addicted to drugs and scratched swastikas in to the jewish kids clay artworks. Sometimes love can't be explained.

3. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I doubt I can fall in love with a homophobe, that isn't really love for me. I'd fall in love with someone that truly loves me for who I am, that means someone who for obvious reasons loves gay people, because... I mean... how else would we like each other?

I honestly have no attraction toward straight guys, because I respect them enough to know that I'm not their attraction. Plus, with so many gay people out there, it is a waste of time and I'm not going to convert anyone. If anything I'm talking to two college acquaintances right now that have said that they're straight, but have some sort of attraction toward me. I don't think their 100% straight, perhaps curious or bisexual. To me that's more tolerable and I have no issues with getting to know them more on a romantic level, instead of simply a friendship. In this case, they make the move and I'm being cautious of the situation.

But I understand if other people love a straight person, love is love. I've met girls who love guys that treat them like shit. Is that really love? To them, they still love them.

#3 MassiveExtract, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  4. Rainbows~Exist

I though I'd fallen in love with my best friend but it turned out he was a bit homophobic so I've stopped thinking about him romantically and started working to build up our friendship.

5. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think so, but I really liked a classmate of mine, his manly voice reminded me of my ex boyfriend's a lot but he turned out to be homophobe

Internalized homophobes count?

6. Candace

I think that he was just ignorant. He was super attractive, but his personality was a complete turnoff, so I wound up forgetting about him and getting over him very fast.

7. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He reminds me of myself, about a year ago. Deep, sexy voice and for two months kept semi-bullying a friend of mine that came out... but I knew that I was closeted myself, if at least subconsciously.

8. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh no! he never bullied me or any other gay guy that I know. We were like... friends? then I told him that I liked a guy and he just walked away, never talked to me again :roflmao:

Do you mean he might be gay? My exboyfriend did bullied one of his classmates, that really disturbed me so I taught him a lesson

I still see him regularly, he's still sexy but not as much as he used to be

#8 edy, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  9. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it wasn't that much of bulling to be honest, maybe making fun of him in a sort-a friendly way? Does that make sense? I mean sort of like when friends bother each other. That sort of thing.

10. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you mean he might be gay as well?

11. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He was in denial, I was closeted. The difference was that it was obvious he was gay, in my case not so obvious.

12. RedFireFly

I'm in love with a homophobe, who said he's not homophobic(even though he clearly are), and he doesn't give a shit about love, kinda.
    Yay XD

13. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't call it falling in love, but I've gotten crushes on people who I question very much. Like Wuggums, I've gotten crushes on many people who are into drugs and one who's a complete Germany-obsessed-psycho-who-likes-Holocaust-stuff-and-acts-like-an-idiot-even-though-he-is-very-intelligent. Yeah, one of those. I value intelligence in a partner very much, I'm ashamed to admit, because if someone I've got a crush on isn't that intelligent, it turns me off from them. I'm trying to get better about that and not judge people for their intelligence. However, most of my school crushes are pretty stupid and won't be motivated by anything, except maybe video games. Online, I have two crushes, but one I don't know very well and one said he's okay with gay people, but he doesn't think it's natural. So I'm trying to get over that.

14. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've never fallen in love with someone homophobic but I made a friend once and he was really cool... until I found out he was homophobic.