1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I HATE straight people!" "What?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CallMeChristian, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Okay, am I the only gay person who gets upset by this?

My ex girlfriend would always be like "God, I hate straight people. Blah blah blah." It was so annoying. How can you generalize straight people when you hate that straight people generalize us? It used to piss me off so bad. Have you guys ever experienced a person like this? Do YOU hate straight people?

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some of my best friends are straight people! :lol: No this is just one of those things people say that they probably don't even think about too much. Doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. And it isn't even only straight people.

"I hate white people."
    "I hate men."
    "I hate cis people."

Most people are aware that they're generalizing, so I usually just glare at them. But when people actually believe it, I can't help but feel a boiling rage.

Negative generalization and stereotypes have always made me angry. Always. It doesn't matter which group it's directed towards.

4. Candace

I don't like it either!! My best friends in this world are straight males. They treat me well and always have my best interests in mind. What I don't like is that *some* of us in the LGBT community like to put all straight people in the same basket and assume that they're all homophobic, malicious, and will harm us. Just because of a few bad apples, really?

5. Anonymouse7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's almost as hypocritical as when some people say "I hate prejudiced people", especially because most people who say that would start a small war if it was a straight person saying that they hate gay people.

It gets on my nerves most because all it does is encourage the "us and them" attitude we have to fight to stop.

6. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's called hypocrisy. You reap what you sow. If you don't want to be discriminated against and stereotyped, then you can't do the same to other groups and whine when it happens to you.

7. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I only hate one person in the entire world, the monster who sexually abused a friend I know. Apart from him, I feel a general sense of goodwill towards not just all people, but all beings, actually. And even the hatred I feel towards the rapist, is something that burns my heart, and with enough spiritual development, I hope to be able to let go of that too, one day. (He will go to jail and suffer there, though, we are going to see to that).

#7 Damien, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  8. SeaSalt

I hate it when people hate. God damn it stop the hating. I hate you all!!!!

9. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We should round up and eliminate all people who hold opinions like the one in this sentence. :grin:

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All people from any demographic are always evil.

Fox news said it. Has to be true.

11. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

No you're not the only one who HATES when people say that, like "dude? Your straight?" Yea I've actually had to say that to one of my female friends she's bisexual and I was just like "why so much hate? But we complain about them hating gays!" Like hypocracy is just wow.… :slight_smile:

12. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate straight guys, not because I can't have them (most of them are ugly as a sin) but because, where I live, straight guy is synonymous with homophobia, sexism etc

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I remember, back in high school, in Study Hall...

Some black folks were all congregated in one corner, and they were, jokingly, referring to white people as this and that. Some of the white folks were, also, joking back. But one country bumpkin got pretty pissed off, and this started a semi-serious racial exchange. It got so semi-serious, the teacher supervising the Study Hall, was actually wide-eyed and interested in it.

One of the individuals in the black group, said:

" I hate white people. Y'all don't even know, what our people had to go through. Except [My Name], they know. In fact, HEY, [My Name], you come over here. You're being racially adopted! "

LOL... good times, good times.

To be a little more direct, I find it silly to hate anyone as a whole. Well, except the Ku Klux Klan, or the Westboro Baptist Church, or Neo-Nazis, or -- you understand what I mean.

It's just easier to lump everybody together, instead of taking the time or making the effort, to individually check them out. Be it convenience, or a sense of above-and-beyond guaranteed security, is up for debate. Unfortunately, society is becoming more fast pace, and this has effected our social skills, encouraging us to be very quick and dismissive.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can understand hating some ignorant straight people but like all straight people that's messed up , hate the ignorance not the people .

15. Dakeli27

My gay friend sometimes makes "straight people" jokes, basically versions of gay jokes, but really beyond that, prejudice of any kind is bad.

16. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What...? People say that...? :confused:

17. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree with this completely. Saying you hate straight people is just generalising. And plus, like it or not, most people are straight. I'm sure it isn't possible to surround yourself with only LGBT people.

18. Beetle

When people usually say things like that, they usually mean they hate the oppression those groups bring upon us. I know some people, after they're hurt by people who are straight, will say those things to cope. I have black friends, who, right next to me, will say they hate white people. I am white, and I know they don't hate me, but they've been hurt by so many other white people, that they say those things while angry. It will not affect me as a white person, and I understand why they say those things.

I of course don't know your girlfriend personally or her actual views, this is just what I think. I even sometimes say it. I don't actually hate anyone for being straight...I just hate their privilege and how so many use it to hurt us.

19. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hating the privilege, much like hating the player, isn't going to change the game. Knowledge and egalitarianism are the answers yo.

20. tulipinacup

I agree with this one. When an oppressed individual/group say that they hate straight people or white people, they don't mean the ENTIRE group.