1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side Jobs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

[​IMG]
    Calling all hustlers, calling all hustlers.

I'm curious, what do the members of this forum community do, to make money? If you have a job, I assume that is the primary means of financial accumulation; like me. However, I'm curious as to those who, do not work, or who have other means of acquiring funds, and what they do.

The inspiration for this topic is, I was contacted earlier today, by an associate of mine. His girlfriend, who is attending the local community college, has a paper she needs done. She was informed of my possible writing services, and asked if I would be willing to write her term paper.

I know, if somebody really wants to know about their career, they should do everything that pertains to it. I know, it isn't ethical to do someone else's term paper. I mentioned this, but I reconsidered, when I was told:

"It's 5 pages. I'll pay you, $10 per page."

That's $50, for about 30-45 minutes of work. Of course, I took that. He's even providing me a meal, to eat as I work on this. He even bought me a pack of Newport cigarettes, which if you do not know, are among one of the most expensive cigarettes out there.

Now, I did ask him, wouldn't it be more beneficial to him, to have somebody else do it? $50 is a little bit of pocket change. His next response, pretty much, sealed the deal:

"Everybody else is dumb, [My Name]. I'm not paying someone, to get a D or C."

LOL.

Aside from term papers, I mow lawns on the side. I collect cans and various scrap, to sell at junkyards for money. I pick up sports merchandise, that people get rid of, after a team loses one year, and then resell it later, next year, when that same team is doing well.

I am paid to make custom cards for people, sometimes, usually for anniversaries, weddings, birthdays, or Valentine's Day. The price of these depends on, how elaborate they want it to look. Sometimes, I'm tossed a pack of cigarettes, just for providing a good idea -- I can't complain about that, really.

I also have huge barrels of gasoline, that I filled up when gasoline was much cheaper, and sell to the neighbors sometimes. They have to provide their own gasoline canister, though, to receive any gas. I don't do this often, but when gasoline begins to get steep, I let some of it go, for some extra money.

During my scrapping rounds, if I find any used tires, I buy them. I then resell them, in the neighborhood, for people looking for a dependable spare tire.

Though I normally don't charge anyone for this, I tend to be paid in food and money, when I go with someone, somewhere, unless it is of my own accord. Be it just for the company, or as a wing-person to a bar or party.

In the past, I found selling "merchandise" to be profitable. But, it would probably be best to keep this within the legal realm.

I'm just a magnet for money, when I want to be.

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

40 hours job as media designer, work freelance webdesign on the side.

Still can barely pay all my bills every month.

3. Candace

I sell stuff on Amazon.com on the side lines. And I help edit my church's newsletter and bulletins. It helps bring in about $100-150 a month. Just mere pocket change, basically.

4. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do medical studies when possible. There are many that want healthy subjects as a control group. I also work at the polls on election days (for the city election dept., not for candidates)

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I give favours in exchange for money. I also sell drugs and work for the mob.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i found five bucks once that was cool

---------- Post added 24th Aug 2014 at 04:56 PM ----------

also one time i took about a survey about being lesbian and got a $25 check after they verified i was a person and probably sold my name and dorm address to a third party

---------- Post added 24th Aug 2014 at 04:57 PM ----------

where do you put your gas barrels, kaiser

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't have a side job at the moment but, I've been thinking of buying lottery tickets and putting the money I got from them in my saving account for a new place to live .

8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

9. I worked close to full time slinging custard for three years. All I got out of that job was the bare minimum bills paid, almost enough food and a semester's worth of tuition. Now my only job is finishing my damn education so I don't have to mess around anymore.

Livin off my pell grant and student loans for the next couple months. It's not an extravagant lifestyle, but I'll have enough to get by and eat fresh foods instead of ramen. And I'll have enough to spend my time studying and doing well enough to get on with my life plan as fast as possible.

10. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm in college but I make a little money teaching guitar, and doing various odd jobs... a few times I had to transcript some interviews for one of my seniors and stuff.

11. tulipinacup

when my mum forgets to ask for the change after going to the grocery store.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sadly the apartments in my town are way to expensive .:icon_sad:

13. juliegt6

I used to work part time selling cosmetics at Macy's. I quit. I flip cars occasionally to bring in extra money. I do sell crap on eBay too, but mostly to thin the pulled off crap I own lol.

14. DMark69

I fly satellites for a living. I think it is kind of boring, but my husbands job is interesting.

He sells drugs for a living.... Legally.... He is a Pharmacy Technician...

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I liiiiike you!

Why, so you can come siphon the gasoline from them?

I know your tricks, LOL.

16. the haunted

I'm a waitress for the most part, but I like to charge minors for buying them alcohol. I'm also quite interested in a chemistry tutoring job at my school. I used to have a side job at Pier 1, but they couldn't afford to keep me.

17. Hexagon

Very little, really. The only thing I can really do is complete surveys, which gets me about £50 every three months, pathetic. However, I recently discovered an organisation I volunteer for will pay me to fundraise for them, so I'm going to get myself trained.

18. Yosia

I dont really do much, just act all cutesy to my dad, brother or my friends and they usually buy me something i want (within a reasonable price obviously).

I have done leaflets before and i got like 25£ for not even an hour of handing them out. I should really do more instead of moaning i have no money. XD

19. Given To Fly

As well as working full time I sometimes sell stuffs on eBay. My nd lives in Murica so whenever I visit I buy lots of candy and sell it when I come home lol

20. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I work part-time in a bar. The wage is terrible, the tips are pretty good but the main reason I do it is because the bar in question attracts a lot of hot men, often shirtless, due to its proximity to the beach :grin: