1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so my sister passed her driving test this week, and im not even happy for her..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lexie, Sep 12, 2008.

1. lexie

cause it just makes me feel sad i havent passed yet. :icon_redf
    im learning to drive too, she's been learning longer than me, but all the same, when she told me she'd passed (1st time too), i literally felt gutted. :confused: like i felt no positive emotion at all, well i mean, i am happy she passed, i just dont feel happy. and ive felt down about it for the last few days, we were chatting before, and she's telling me all about the car she's getting tommorrow and general stuff, and i felt like i had to fake been happy, or force myself to look happy for her.

and that makes me feel really bad, cause im close to her, and i am happy shes passed, and i did want her to pass, but i think its put me on a downer because it's made me realise how badly i want to pass, ive been just taking me sweet old time, i have double lessons every week, and have been since early this year, but i havent really been pushing myself, and havent put any pressure on myself with the laid back casual attitude of 'no rush, i'll be ready when im ready, i'll just take my time' but now i feel actually motivated to buckle down and try harder, so i can pass soon....so maybe its good in a way that i feel down about it..cause now i feel more motivated than i have about my driving ever.

anyways i just wanted to write down how i felt.

2. Jeimuzu

Well now it's your turn. Get doing it! Maybe, if you take a while then you'll just be a better driver when you do finish.

3. BeautifulStranger

I failed my first time
    It's no big deal

4. JayC

JayC Guest

Well i dont want to go into details but me and my 15 year old sister went to get our permits this year together. She passed the first time and didnt even studied i studied and it took me 3 times to pass so don't feel bad. i understand u 100% u gonna pass just study a LOT i know u got it in ya

5. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I didn't have to take a the driving test because I did 'Behind the Wheel' with my Drivers' Ed instructor. While I was parallel parking (the first time ever) I apparently hit the car infront of me. I didn't even realize it, but the instructor mentioned it as if it was nothing. But I've never hit anything since then. And, I've only had to parallel park once since then and I've been driving for like 4 years.

6. mikeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about it, I didn't pass the first time, neither did my father (and his hobby is race car driving!). My younger sister did pass the first time, yet if she couldn't just turn the key and go, she would be stranded.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing, practice makes all the difference. You'll notice the difference once you get a few thousand miles under your belt.

7. Trumpetplyer23

My ex-ex boyfriend failed the test FIVE times and he managed to get his licsence. So, go for it.

8. Level N Human

I failed twice for my behind the wheel. The third time I passed with no marks off at all. If you don't pass the first time it's no big deal and it'll probably be better off that you are safe until you are ready. :slight_smile: Good luck anyhow!

9. Eponine

Honestly, I passed the first time, which was nearly a month ago. I'm still not entirely confident with my driving... If you happen to past the first time, great, but there really is no problem with learning more before you go out on the road on your own.

10. Jebs

Yea.. I passed my first test, surprisingly! I mean, I drove off the rode while finishing my K-turn. I was a nervous wreak and couldn't stop saying sorry. The DMV woman just calmly said drive back to the office to finish the test. 5 years later, I haven't even done a K-turn or even a parrallel park. Go figure. Lots of my other friends failed multiple times though, so don't worry so much.