1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and a bit scared

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm not sure if this question goes in this forum or not but yea plz let me know. I was wondering if same sex marriage is legal in Colorado/us? If not then were is it legal at? What happens to u if it's illegal we're you live? Will the governments ban same sex marriage everywhere any time soon? I don't know if my friend was messing with me or not but he really scared the crap out of me and still freaking out. Saying I'll be executed or locked up for years for being gay or something...I'm scared..is that okay? Idk what to do or who else to ask so plz if u know anything help me out? I've tried finding stuff but everything keeps contradicting itself and makes me even more confused and scared!

2. Dakeli27

They can't make being gay illegal, don't worry, not in the US at least. All banning gay marriage does is that you can't legally be considered married. It is not yet legal in Colorado, but it is in a handful of other states, including New York.
    Just to be clear, you CANNOT get into legal trouble, let alone imprisoned and electrocuted, just for being gay, but if you get a boyfriend you can't marry them yet.

3. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So if I'm reading this right then basically I can date but not marry in the us correct? And nothing bad will happen other then negative comments and what not right? Trying to learn what I can since I've neglected a lot of information in the past lol playing catch up with stuff xD as well as was panicking so thanks xD could u provide a link for what states allow same sex marriage? Thinking of moving in a couple years with family but also depends on the place lol.

4. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe a judge in colorado ruled the ban against gay marriage unconstitutional, but stayed the decision. That means he believes it should be legal, but will wait until any potential lawsuits end.

5. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohh Kay! Thank you all for the answers xD I appreciate it!