1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big city with parents or town, but alone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dryad, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is better for an LGBT person? Would you rather live on your own in a town, with all the gossip etc, or in a big city, but staying with your parents?
    I thought I would be more free in a town, but now I see that it's difficult to meet like-minded people here.

2. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in a town know allot of people was at school with a few of them as for meeting people well am about half hour train ride from Manchester

3. fulcrum

Definitely big city. More opportunities to meet people. And more cosmopolitan.

4. timo

Having lived in both a town and a city I can say living in a city is SO much better. I'm never moving back to a small town again.

5. ThePrideInside4

Big city. When I move out, I'm moving to a big city so I can meet other LGBTQ folks. And so I can get other opportunities to pursue my dreams in the art and music industry. :newcolor:

6. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Big city, I am a city person. Don't get me wrong, I love to get away and the wilderness, but big city. Then just move into your own place. Far more fun and convenient job wise.

7. Pax

Pax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I sorta had it the other way around. Town with my family, or city on my own? I moved away to a city for university, then I moved back to the town. Without a doubt, the city was better (for me, anyway), because it's so much easier to meet like-minded people. My town, despite being quite a large one, doesn't really have an LGBT community or any LGBT specific venues, whereas most cities have will have a lot of stuff going on.

8. Candace

I'm from the largest city in the U.S., but I have lived in a small town (if you consider 20,000 to be small (I DO :lol:slight_smile:), and the suburbs (now). I will say that a large city is soooooooo much better. So many more conveniences, ample opportunities to meet new people and do things. No such thing as boredom.

9. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I would choose in a big city because it's a BIG city haha so I doubt my mother would figure out anything I didn't want them to :slight_smile: I live in Phoenix :grin:

10. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally prefer city's as towns seem to small and quiet but on the other hand I can understand that living in a city would seem less appealing if you have to live with your parents. It depends on the city/town in my opinion. But it would be much easier to find likeminded people in a city.

11. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I enjoy my small town. I've lived here since I was about 3, and it's been great for growing up in. However, I'm surrounded by Conservative bigots, who tote their guns and do redneck stuff all the time. So it's been great to grow up here, but I think I'll find somewhere else to live. Not sure whether it'll be a big city or small town yet.

12. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never lived in a small town - always lived in a big city. Most of my family live in a small town and it's awful - nothing to see or do, no decent shops, no good places to eat, no museums or art galleries, no good bars or clubs, generally dead after 5pm. The people aren't so pretty either - badly dressed, overweight, chavvy, poorly educated, provincial, parochial. I swear that half of the town are related.

I would rather be poor in a big city than well-off in a small town.

#12 imnotreallysure, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  13. sugarcubeigloo

Big city. I've always lived in a city. And my parents are fun... so I don't think I would mind a whole lot.