1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing a haircut, but facing a dilemma...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dman89, Aug 26, 2014.

1. dman89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking forward to getting my haircut soon but am facing a problem with my current hair parlor.

I go to nice, hip hair parlor in Los Angeles. It's not incredibly close but its in a nice area to visit and people watch. Anyhow, I've been going to the place since 2012 and over the last two years prices have increased significantly. I used to go in and get an awesome haircut from a cool guy for $29. (this might be high for some of you, i understand. but it's one of my few luxuries) Ever since he became a senior stylist and the place has gone more established/popular the price has now reached $40. I love my guy, the hair parlor, and the neighborhood but I'm beginning to think its too high for my budget. I was originally very satisfied with the price I paid for my hair cut, but with an $11 increase (not including tip) I'm beginning to think I should find a place closer in my neighborhood where it's more likely to be cheaper.

What are your thoughts? Should I keep my loyalty to the place I've been going to for 2 years, or ditch the place for something cheaper and in budget?

2. BethLauren

I would definitely go somewhere cheaper, unless you have to money to spare on getting your hair cut. Loyalty is great and all, but there are place around that will deliver on quality and atmosphere at a cheaper price, I'm sure.

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel your pain. I also used to go to a place where the prices went from $25 to $40, and I had a stylist I really liked, and went to for the past three years. Then, as luck would have it, she left that Salon for personal reasons, and ow works at a new place, also 'trendy', but closer to my neighborhood, and also, back to $25!

But I say if you like what the person does, splurge. Guys don't always keep their hair forever; treat yourself because we all might face the curse of Donald Trump, and have hair like that, one day :slight_smile:

4. Hexagon

Just find somewhere else. Is who does your hair really that important?

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it is. If you're worried about self-image, you will want someone to cut your hair whom you trust to make it look right and not mess up.

I'm wondering how large the gaps are between cutting you hair. If you went a lot, I'd try out the new person. If the gaps are large, I don't think splurging a little is a bad thing.