1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proof That The Quran Doesn't Condemn Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Aug 26, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I know for a fact the Bible doesn't, but what about the Quran?

2. Ryujin

The "religion of peace" website

I haven't got round to reading a Qu'ran yet, but when I do I'll inform you if it's different to what they say.

---------- Post added 26th Aug 2014 at 10:23 PM ----------

My Muslim friend insists that it is condemned in the Qu'ran also

3. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure that it is condemned. I have a Pakistani friend who told me that it was. She doesn't condemn it herself, but understands that it's condemned in her religion. I can try and ask her to find the citation, though.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The same question arises about the Quran as with the Bible. Does it really condemn homosexuality or is it a matter of religious interpretation? In the case of the Bible it is certainly a matter of interpretation and the same must be true of the Quran.

We must always remember that homosexuality (being gay) was unknown to the authors of these holy books. The term homosexual is modern. So, how can it possibly be that homosexuality (a modern term) is condemned in scripture that is over 1,000 years old? Simple answer, it isn't and it can't be. You cannot condemn what didn't exist.

The Quran, like the Bible and every other book of holy scripture must be examined in context, through the lens of history and not read like the latest novel. The same sex activities referenced in scripture are not the activities we concern ourselves with in the modern world. There is a huge difference between same sex activity in the Quranical and Biblical era and the 21st century.

#4 PatrickUK, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  5. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As a person living in a muslim country :It does . Dont listen to anyone lying to make themselves better. they teach it in the class that allah hates homosexuals.Look at the countries who obey islamic laws.They execute homosexuals every day also there is a part in quran which says god destroyed a city of homosexuals with fire :/

6. Hexagon

I don't know about the qu'ran, but I suspect it's a similar answer to the bible question. In reality, you can't 'know for a fact' that the bible doesn't condemn homosexuality. It's more nuanced than that, and up for interpretation. Anyway, it matters very little precisely what the bible says. People use scripture to justify their actions, not inform their beliefs, and they'll only use the convenient parts.

7. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    excuse me ? They read it like that based on culture ,the quran doesn't condemn being gay ,bi,pan,trans . I've been reading the quran for a long time so I know it doesn't condemn lgbt :slight_smile: neither does the bible or Torah .

8. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Does it say it to homosexuals? Or is it the sin of excessive lust, pride, and what not like in the bible.

9. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no it doesn't , the quran says it rapists have committed a abomindal sin . There was prostiution ,drugs ,idolatry ,murder and nobody was safe there .