1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone done the ice bucket challenge?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yosia, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Yosia

My brother is nominating me when he does it (he got nominated like a sec ago). Has anyone done it? ^.^

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. I can't post the video here, but I'll tell you what happened in it. I stated that I had been challenged by my sister, so I was there to take the challenge. Then I picked up a large ice cooler, pulled it over my head...then reached inside it and pulled out a checkbook. I then wrote two checks - one for the ALS charity, and one for a LGBTQ youth charity. (I played "Cool As Ice" by Vanilla Ice while I wrote the checks - that was the painful part.) Then I issued my challenge - for everybody to go out and do something positive. Be it volunteering or donating to whatever cause they feel worthy. I wanted everybody to get involved. Apparently, a few people did. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Me!!! And I got my elementary school (even though I'm in high school :lol:slight_smile:to donate :grin: and raise awareness! For ALS, I thought doing the ice bucket challenge just wasn't enough :slight_smile: I'm talking to the supervisor of the food-bank I volunteer at to see what else we can do :grin:

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't understand it. Why a bucket of ice? I just decided to donate $10 a month to the SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center), but I don't get how a bucket of ice would have helped, aside from wasting energy to freeze the ice, thus increasing carbon emissions.

5. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope, much like HuskyPup, I fail to understand the need to waste perfectly good water when so many go without.

In a way I wish celebrities did what Charlie Sheen did and just donated a bucket full of cash to the cause.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

dont be obtuse, it raises awareness and gets people excited to donate because yiu arw supposed to donate whether you do oit or not. like yeah in a perfect world people would just donate anyway but in a perfect world no one would be stuck with shit diseases and conditions. Last I checked I think they raised like 6mil? I think? Thats 6mil that wouldnt have gone to ALS otherwise. Like Im jaded as hell but come on no jeed to play distached and logical on thisi

#6 asdfghjk, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  7. Freedomfighter9

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My GF is meant to be doing it tommorow.
    It looks absolutely ridiculous!
    Im happy just doing my weekend volunteering and my regular donations to cancer research and homeless shelters.
    I dont see why catch pneumonia for Charity.
    I hope she doesn't get ill she catches colds quicker then anyone i know lol!
    But anyway im still proud of her for doing it ;-)

8. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Come on guys…why not do it? It excites people! Haha :slight_smile: it's fun and a good way to raise awareness :slight_smile: just keep it going! Why not right? :slight_smile:

9. timo

10. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, and I'm not going to.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No I have not but I think there needs to be a help a homeless person challenge or a do Good deed challenge .

13. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

but would u dump warm piss on urself

next viral charity fad

14. sammy1

It's not a bucket if ice...it's a bucket of water with ice in it and u pour it over ur head and donate 10$ an nominate another person to do the same thing ad if they don't within 24hrs of being nominated they have to donate 100$...I find it funny how u mentioned freezing the ice and increasing cannon emissions because..have u never froze water to make it into ice b4? It's not really gonna harm the environment that much..the Ice bucket challenge is just a fun way to get lots of ppl to donate to ALS to help find a cure

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No but there are some people that like taking golden showers . :dry:

16. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

ugh such a fucking waste of water for a dumbass fake disease no one has ever heard of *flushes toilet after small piss because yellow is an uncomfortable color to see* me, though, i'm different..... i'm smarter than you social media plebs.........

17. sammy1

And also for the people mentioning getting pneumonia there is no rule saying it HAS to b ice cold :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: the important thing is the donations

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you indeed are my dear :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 26th Aug 2014 at 04:43 PM ----------

I wish they told that to my friend before she did it in her back yard in front of us .:lol:

19. AlamoCity

My dad did it. I'm exempt because I don't use Facebook :lol:.

I don't find the challenge useless because I actually was surprised by how few people knew what ALS/Lou Gehrig's was. At least people will know of it more. Plus, it's raised a lot of money.

20. sammy1

What?! R u being sarcastic..it's hard to tell..but ALS is a real disease just because we don't hear about it like we do let's say for example, cancer doesn't mean it's 'made up' if u were serious about saying it's made up u should do some research.

#20 sammy1, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014