1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone interested in taking the Enneagram personality test?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Aug 27, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I found out about this test through a friend and thought i'd share it with you all. So for fun if you would like to take the test to see what type of personality you are then click this link Eclectic Energies Enneagram Tests (free) and take the Classical enneagram test.

I have already taken the test yesterday and my result was Personality type 4: The Individualist.

Here is a description if anyone's interested! Enneagram Type 4 - The Individualist I reckon it describes me pretty well.

Have fun guys! :slight_smile: Post your results if you take the test if you want to!

I'm not sure if I will get banned for this because I linked to another site? Please don't ban me! :eek: If a mod sees this then please just delete the thread if it crosses the rules.

#1 ChloeKiss, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i got 2, the helper, which seems to be needy insecure baby personality and was one point higher than 6, the loyalist aka insecure anxious freak loser

i hope i can change this one day lol

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I already know mine! I'm a phobic 6w5 sp/sx! :slight_smile:

4. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Cool guys! Well I forgot to mention that I am actually a 4w3. So I have some of personality 3 characteristics.

5. Yosia

I got type 9w1.

6. Sidran7e

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I got 6w5

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Type 8 - The Challenger:

Enneagram Type 8 - The Challenger

Taking charge, because they don't want to be controlled

People of this personality type are essentially unwilling to be controlled, either by others or by their circumstances; they fully intend to be masters of their fate. Eights are strong willed, decisive, practical, tough minded and energetic. They also tend to be domineering; their unwillingness to be controlled by others frequently manifests in the need to control others instead. When healthy, this tendency is kept under check, but the tendency is always there, nevertheless, and can assume a central role in the Eight's interpersonal relationships.

Eights generally have powerful instincts and strong physical appetites which they indulge without feelings of shame or guilt. They want a lot out of life and feel fully prepared to go out and get it. They need to be financially independent and often have a hard time working for anyone. This sometimes necessitates that the Eight opt out of the system entirely, assuming something of an outlaw mentality. Most Eights however, find a way to be financially independent while making their peace with society, but they always retain an uneasy association with any hierarchical relationship that sees the Eight in any position other than the top position.

Eights have a hard time lowering their defenses in intimate relationships. Intimacy involves emotional vulnerability and such vulnerability is one of the Eight's deepest fears. Betrayal of any sort is absolutely intolerable and can provoke a powerful response on the part of the violated Eight. Intimate relationships are frequently the arena in which an Eight's control issues are most obviously played out and questions of trust assume a pivotal position. Eights often have a sentimental side that they don't even show to their intimates, such is their fear of vulnerability. But, while trust does not come easily to an Eight, when an Eight does take someone into the inner sanctum, they find a steadfast ally and stalwart friend. The Eight's powerful protective instincts are called into play when it comes to the defense of family and friends, and Eights are frequently generous to a fault in providing for those under their care.

Eights are prone to anger. When severely provoked, or when the personality is unbalanced, bouts of anger can turn into rages. Unhealthy Eights are frankly aggressive and when pushed, can resort to violence. Such Eights enjoy intimidating others whom they see as "weak" and feel little compunction about walking over anyone who stands in their way. They can be crude, brutal and dangerous.

Female Eights are far more likely to mistype than male Eights, as many of the traits typical to the type Eight personality have been discouraged in females. For the most part, however, it is other types who mistake themselves for Eights. This is especially common in male counter-phobic Sixes who fail to recognize that their aggression is a cover for a very deep seated anxiety. Sevens too, are prone to mistype as Eights, but Sevens lack the intensity of focus typical of the type Eight, and while both Sevens and Eights have high energy personalities, Eights have a physically based energy whereas the Seven's energetic pattern has a nervous, mental quality to it.

That... is pretty eerie.

Interestingly, the next Type, by a measly point, was, Type 2 - The Helper:

Enneagram Type 2 - The Helper

Helpers who need to be needed

People of this personality type essentially feel that they are worthy insofar as they are helpful to others. Love is their highest ideal. Selflessness is their duty. Giving to others is their reason for being. Involved, socially aware, usually extroverted, Twos are the type of people who remember everyone's birthday and who go the extra mile to help out a co-worker, spouse or friend in need.

Twos are warm, emotional people who care a great deal about their personal relationships, devote an enormous amount of energy to them, and who expect to be appreciated for their efforts. They are practical people who thrive in the helping professions and who know how to make a home comfortable and inviting. Helping others makes Twos feel good about themselves; being needed makes them feel important; being selfless, makes Twos feel virtuous. Much of a Two's self-image revolves around these issues, and any threat to that self-image is scarcely tolerated. Twos are thoroughly convinced of their selflessness, and it is true that they are frequently genuinely helpful and concerned about others. It is equally true, however, that Twos require appreciation; they need to be needed. Their love is not entirely without ulterior motive.

Twos often develop a sense of entitlement when it comes to the people closest to them. Because they have extended themselves for others, they begin to feel that gratitude is owed to them. They can become intrusive and demanding if their often unacknowledged emotional needs go unmet. They can be bossy and manipulative, feeling entirely justified in being so, because they "have earned the right" and their intentions are good. The darkest side of the type Two fixation appears when the Two begins to feel that they will never receive the love they deserve for all of their efforts. Under such circumstances, they can become hysterical, irrational and even abusive.

Because Twos are generally helping others meet their needs, they can forget to take care of their own. This can lead to physical burnout, emotional exhaustion and emotional volatility. Twos need to learn that they can only be of true service to others if they are healthy, balanced and centered in themselves.

Twos can mistype themselves if they are not in an obvious helper role in their professional lives; they might not recognize the extent of their involvement in assisting others. This is especially true for male Twos, who have not received the same social rewards for helping as female Twos receive. Male Twos frequently mistype as Ones or Threes, the wings of type Two. Females, of all types, are bound to recognize some of the dynamics of type Two in their personalities, as such qualities have been socially reinforced. Female Nines, for instance, are especially prone to mistyping as Twos, particularly if they are the mothers of small children. But Nines are self-effacing and humble; Twos are proud and have a strong sense of their own worth.

Interesting test. Not bad. Not bad at all...

8. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    8w7.
    The Challenger and the Enthusiast, respectively.

9. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a "Type 6"

10. Rainbows~Exist

I had 9w1 so I guess I'm a peacemaker...

11. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Type 1 the Reformer

12. thekillingmoon

Type 5 - The Investigator

I'm actually impressed how accurate the description is.

Fives are often a bit eccentric; they feel little need to alter their beliefs to accommodate majority opinion, and they refuse to compromise their freedom to think just as they please.

Fives are usually somewhat restrained when it comes to emotional expression, but they often have stronger feelings than they let on. Few people know what is going on beneath the surface, as Fives have an often exaggerrated need for privacy and a deep seated fear of intrusion. Because of their sensitivity and their fears of inadequacy, Fives fear being overwhelmed, either by the demands of others or by the strength of their own emotions.

good test.

13. black-cat

I am a Type 1 / 1wp. Whatever the hell that means! Hahaha

14. Randomcloud

15. cuppycake

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Maybe I can be of some assistance, with this.

Type 1

Type 9
    Type 1

Type 5
    Type 4

17. black-cat

Aww thankyou Kaiser! (!) It seems scarily accurate for me aha

18. TurtleCat

I got Type 4 / 4w3

I used to study enneagrams back in the day, always thought they were pretty interesting. I've scored different ones over the years but my most common seem to be 2, 3 or 4 with some kind of variant.

19. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Type 9 pins me. Type 5 is almost totally true as well. 5w6 would make sense too.

#19 Miles16, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  20. LastCenturian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    5w4. How the hell can an online personality quiz be so eerily accurate?? It's like it read my mind.