1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your MBTI Personality Type?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SimpleTim, Aug 27, 2014.

1. SimpleTim

SimpleTim Guest

In pursuit of self-reflection, I've been actively engaged in what was founded by a famous psychologist Carl Jung, and later taken over by Meyer-Briggs, as personality types. It actually is more popular than I realized.

Here is a link for an online test: Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory

Just note that the test is heavily based on MBTI stereotypes. And the questions can be taken out of context easily. It's best to very carefully read the questions, and be sure to get a good understanding of what it's asking. Then, as best as you can, very carefully reflect on all of your experiences relating to that questions, and carefully analyze how you deal with them. Try to be as truthful as you can.

The test is basically a good starting point or rough estimate. They are yes/no questions, and you should be able to recall confirmations for both yes, and no for each questions. Choose the one answer that suits you in most situations, or the one that better defines yourself.

For instance, the first question - "You are almost never late for appointments". If I were to reflect a little bit, then I find, lately, I have actually been pretty damn good at arriving to appointments on time. But it takes A LOT of effort for me to do so, and sometimes, I just barely make it. I always seem to procrastinate right at the last second before I start getting ready, and I really RUSH. Up until a few years ago, I never made it to appointments on time, but these last few years, I have been putting a ton of effort and stress into it to make sure I am not late.

So literally, I'm almost never late for appointments. But on careful considerations, I really cannot do it with minimal effort. I've decided to answer the question as "No, I really have a hard time making it on time for appointments". This answer best suits me. Even though lately, I have been doing pretty good.

So the questions can be tricky, and you really need to think them out. Also, your true type can take a lot of reflection and analyzing to fully realize, and can take more effort than taking this test.

But I'm curious what you guy's types are.

2. the haunted

#2 the haunted, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  3. Compute

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ISFJ.
    My introverted side is quite high (95%)

4. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  5. Silas

I'm INFJ

6. Hexagon

I've decided to resist this kind of categorisation. I've taken the test in the past, and looked at the profiles, and I find that I don't fit properly into one category. There are about three that I can identify with in some respects. And lastly, I think this is stupid. No one's going to fit properly into a category, and what do they get you anyway?

7. SimpleTim

SimpleTim Guest

Thankyou for the link. Very interesting how there are mostly INTx, and INFx here.

Supposedly, finding INFJ's are very quite rare. I'm somewhat infatuated a little bit with INFJ personality.

I've been considering my type for about a year now. I'm pretty sure I"m INTP

8. BreezyB

ENFP
    An exact description of me

9. Acm

Acm Guest

10. Ryujin

I'm not going to do this one, I don't have the time, but I've done 2 others before and I'll tell you the results.

For the first, I got INTP which I was OK with, but I took with a pinch of salt, obviously, this is the internet we're talking about. For the second, I got INFP, so now I'm not sure what to think. Though, I'd prefer not to label things as complex as personality with such little detail.

11. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  12. Ryujin

Okay, so I lied and did do it and got INTJ. I think that this one does fit me best. Ugh, this is so confusing!

13. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im an INFJ. it fits me almost perfectly. and it has helped me in trying to figure out who i am. i could make sense of me after i took the test in april, and cleared up my mind to think about my sexuality more

14. cuppycake

INTJ - Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(25%) Judging(22%)

I don't ... know x.x'

15. Ryujin

Welcome to the club :grin:

16. otter

INFP, but sometimes I get INFJ. I think I'm closer to INFP.

17. Linthras

Linthras Guest

^ This ^
    At best it's going to get maybe 1 or 2 thing about you right, in general.
    They pracitically never give an accurate description of your personality as these tests are based on generalisations.

18. 86soul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I took the test twice,both INTJ:dry:

19. Beetle

Took it a while back and got ISTP, which is pretty accurate.