1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get rid of acne in less than a week?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThePrideInside4, Aug 27, 2014.

1. ThePrideInside4

ACNE MAKES MY LIFE A LIVING HELL!

School starts on Tuesday, and I want to come back a totally new person. I want to get rid of my acne. I use 4 different medications a day for it, and I have been for about a year. Nothing seems to work for me. :tears:

I really need help. Any remedies or theories?

2. wanderinggirl

Acne is usually caused by hormones; you're never going to totally get rid of it, unfortunately. It's better than it was when I was a teen, but I'm 26 and I still get breakouts once a month...

Everyone is different, but I find that cutting down on sugar and drinking more water really helps. I've also started using a homemade facewash with coconut oil, baking soda, and honey, and it seems to at least calm my skin down.

Get some concealer and tinted moisturizer or all-natural makeup for days when you have the worst breakouts. And always always moisturize; I don't think oil-free moisturizers have done anything for me ever, so i'd recommend coconut oil.

Other than that... it's just going to suck for a while, I'm sorry.

Best advice I can give you is that nobody notices your acne as much as you do; you're your worst critic!

3. AAASAS

Ah, acne. I have no idea how to get rid of it in a week, if I did I wouldn't have been struggling with it for more than a decade.

What a fucking horrible disease basically. Disfigures you, but doesn't disable you; though it does mentally.

I actually think more research should go into solving acne because it is a living hell for people who have it. They can't hide it, its always there, people judge you based on it, it's just garbage.

People also have no sympathy because they assume you are dirty.

The more I wash my face, the more acne I get, my face does not want soap and unnatural shit irritating it.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A vegetable peeler. It gets rid of the acne, but I doubt anybody will find what's left behind superior to acne. :/

If you truly want to come back to school a different person, maybe you can try for the "I don't give a flying rat's ass about my acne" new-you. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've heard peppermint tooth paste over night works wonders. Check that out.

6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's true, but the reason it works is because it dries your skin. So be careful to not overdo it

7. wanderinggirl

*cringe*!!!!!

8. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, my brother had severe acne but I was lucky enough to more or less avoid it. After years of expensive treatments and medications he found that what helped the most to reduce the redness and the appearences of spots was humble "Sudocrem". After applying it a couple of times it drastically improved his skin.

It may not work in every case but I'd say it's worth a try.

9. SomeLeviathan

I use clearasil daily clear cream.

There's another cream that's just asprin, if you have gel ibuprofens, you can cut those in half and put them on your acne, that may help a bit.

10. KayJay

Water!(?)

I started drinking like triple the amount of water I used to. It was actually to try to fix something else not related to skin but I have noticed my skin is so much nicer looking and I seem to not get my usual once a month pimple anymore. I am assuming it is because of the water because I haven't been doing anything else differently. I don't know if you would see any changes in a week but it may help in the long run.

#10 KayJay, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  11. AlamoCity

I still get acne, but I finally was put on antibiotics. Those and 10% benzoyl peroxide has made my face relatively blemish-free. Eventually, though, I might actually go on isotretinoin (Accutane).

For quick relief, I would get several tubes of Clean & Clear acne gel that has 10% benzoyl peroxide (I find the brand name works best) and apply it 3 times a day as recommended. It will really dry your skin and stain your clothes (bleach them), but it may actually help reduce the inflammation and acne.

But you will wanna see a dermatologist one day.

12. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you go to walmart they sell something called noxema and I use it anytime I feel like I'm starting to get acne and it gets rid of it. Basically it's just an acne face wash but i think it works great

13. Polterpup

Lemme give ya some advice: it's not going away in less than a week. Hate to break it to ya but its just not happening. Sorry. But, I use Cerave cleanser in the morning and at night. Clindamycin and Cerave AM lotion in the morning and Retin A (Tretinoin) and Cerave PM at night. They don't clear it all up, but they do wonders for me. Clindamycin and Retin A are prescribed though. Maybe go to the dermatologist and see if its right for you. Also, make up. I would suggest something like Bare Minerals because its supposed to be good for your skin. Their new liquid foundation is amazing!! It'll make you look nearly flawless. Even if this doesn't work for you now, you'd have to deal with it at some point anyway. It always sucks to wake up and see a nasty zit, but you're a teenager. It happens. One last thing...don't over treat your face. If you do then it'll get all dry and flaky and then you'll be wishing you had the acne back. I speak from experience. I hope this helped you!

14. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A healthy diet including vegetables and healthy drinks like mineral water.

Not too much stress, and stress relief (meditation, walking the dog...).

Toxic stuff the liver can't process might be excreted via the skin. With healthy food and healthy drinking this might be avoided.

15. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have the same problem but I've noticed that when I eat healthier and drink a lot of water my acne fades away.... the thing is, I usually don't eat very heathly meals

But everyone's skin is different, you should find a dermatologist

16. Candace

Try something like Noxema. Also, I know the company called Clinique sells great stuff for getting rid of acne, facial wash, etc. Wash your face once a day and know that it's due to hormones too. So, you'll see less acne when you get older (in my case, this happened).