1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shy Guys & Girls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoiGeorge, Aug 27, 2014.

1. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What has been your experience with shy guys and girls? In terms of flirting, how have you noticed they flirt as opposed to more confident guys and girls, because the techniques that they use (or don't use) can be vastly different. Or if you are a shy guy or girl, how do you flirt to let someone know you're interested?

2. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    They/We don't.

Edit: Although, we/they do tend to blush or hide our faces/smiles a lot so I guess that's "flirty". I'm not to sure what constitutes as flirting. We fumble our words too.

3. JayM3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really shy, (mainly because I'm trans) and it's hard for me to flirt with girls because of the fact that I don't know if they're lesbian.

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i wont lol

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm considered shy, and generally I don't flirt and I don't like being flirted with. I feel like a lot of us are more reserved that way.

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Flirt? What is this "flirt" you speak of?

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think it's going to be vastly different depending on the person.

For me, personally, unless I'm in a hurry I'd actually welcome someone just randomly approaching me and trying to start a conversation. It's really more the prospect of my approaching someone that terrifies me - but if you start it and you can tolerate my social awkwardness then I could probably talk to you forever (though I should note, I probably wouldn't realize that you were flirting with me :lol:slight_smile:.

Also strictly personal, too, but if I run into someone that enjoys sarcastic banter I'll actually willfully flirt with them. Can't help it, I've found. Actually, that point kind of illustrates how while I think a lot of shy people don't usually flirt, we do all have our quirks.

But as I said, that's just describing me. I can't speak for all shy/socially anxious persons.

#6 Browncoat, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  7. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Peas in a pod, Browncoat. Peas in a motherfuckin pod.

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really shy. I tend to listen a lot and let the other person do the talking. I smile a lot and try to keep up a conversation (which is hard for me when I'm offline :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

9. wdtgg

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm shy, but as "flirt", the way I look at that person -if that person looks at me in a similar way and is my type-, I may blush, I may be either too kind or too quiet with that person in particular. For a shy person is difficult to flirt like an extrovert person.

10. Given To Fly

I don't flirt. I'm way too shy and quiet to keep up a conversation. I just never know what to say next - even online :icon_redf

11. cuppycake

I panic x.x

It doesn't matter when it's online or face to face - when I'm in a conversation with a girl, I just stutter and panic and mess up A LOT. I'm one of those ... submissive tops which tend to be super kind and cute and listen to you in the relationship until they jump you oз o

Alcohol helps, too. I just get really talkative and brave and I often say things I didn't want to say, but at least I'm not as shy when I'm drunk! Hehe ^u^'

12. TheStormInside

Gosh, I don't even know how to flirt. If I see someone I think is attractive my strategy is usually "run and hide" and maybe "peek creepily at her from a distance." :icon_redf

If someone were to approach me before I leapt behind a houseplant you would probably get a lot of "nervous" body language rather than flirting. I will try to force myself to say something witty, and if I'm lucky the other person will find it witty too. This is a generalization, but it's likely that the more nervous a shy person appears the more likely they find you attractive. (Unless you are 10ft tall and imposing, in that case, we're just afraid you might crush us :icon_razz).

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Agreed, on that. Alcohol definitely helps.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've found that shy people, are some of the easiest people to talk to. Sure, they may not be upfront and loud, but if you take the time to talk to them, they'll respond. It might take a little bit, for them to get out of that 'one-word response comfort zone' of theirs, but once they do, I find a lot of them become very engaged.

To be honest, anytime I see someone, off to the side, or in a very small group, I know that they probably have the most meaningful things to say. In my experience, those who are brash and loud, tend to have the most to say, in general, but a lot of it feels routine. Of course, as with most things in life, there are exceptions.

You might have to poke and dig, but shy folks tend to turn out the most interesting, at least to me. They perceive things differently, they think and analyze more, and, as a whole, they tend to be easier to get along with. But, that may have to do with the fact, I'm not that difficult to get along with.

As for shy flirting techniques. I've noticed, shy individuals, most of them, don't make too much of an effort, because they're, well, shy, or fear being embarrassed or, at absolute worst, publicly rejected. However, you talk to them first, and they'll start letting their humor, their wit, their personality, slip through. You just have to be considerate of them, and their experiences, and it'll work out.

As for whether or not I'm shy. Mm, it depends. I don't really go out of my way, to be the center of attention, or to approach someone. Really, the only two times I step up, is when I am asked (being a wing-person, for example) or when it is necessary. It isn't because I think I'm shy, but I like to have something worthwhile to present, to say. There isn't much worse in a conversation than, this:

Person A: Hey!
    Person B: Hello.
    Person A: How are you?
    Person B: I'm fine. You?
    Person A: I'm good.
    Person B: That's good.

CONVERSATION DONE

I see/hear that, with some variation, happen all the time. Bad strategy.

15. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m pretty shy when I don’t know someone, but after I get know them, I’m pretty talkative and flirt. Alcohol does definitely help to talk/flirt to random people.

16. ThePrideInside4

I'm VERY shy. This year at school, I plan on not looking, speaking, or noticing ANYONE. Hopefully they won't notice me.

Although I am shy, I'm pretty flirty. Not usually successful though :astonished: Usually if they're my partner in a project, I'll say something smart, but in a flirty tone. Or I just flat-out say "you're looking cool today", but they don't usually take it the way I wanted them to...
    I need tips for flirting :lol:

17. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm quite shy when it comes to flirting. Well, not excessively, but I'll blush and don't know what to say.
    Usually I just look at the person I'm interested in. You know, play with the eyes. Then, maybe I'll go and tell them something like "hi" and whatever comes in mind. "Are you new here", "do you like the party" for example... Ok, it's clumsy and I'm afraid that if I approach a straight girl she'll think I'm creepy. But that's what I do. And laugh a lot, awkwardly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Now, when a person is more shy than me... things are not good. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I do the same thing and hope for the best.

18. Although I'm more confident online in saying what I want to say, sometimes it still is awkward in conversations because I don't always know what to talk about all the time.

And that especially stops me in real life too.

I basically get the sort of high pitched, quiet voice when speaking to people other than my parents and my brother. I can remember when I used to go to an actual school, instead of the online one, I couldn't think of much to talk about with them either. I was never good with conversations and it always ended up to be that conversation Kasier mentioned lol. If I want to flirt or really just get someone's attention, I be nice to them - I can manage to smile a little bit and then to tell that person that they have great hair or to have a good day is a technique I use when I want to impress someone. I can manage to do those things (especially complimenting people in my shy voice), but other than that, I can't really flirt and I never really know what to say in conversations.

I do want to get out and meet some people though, but sighs, that seems impossible with the lack of places I can meet other people my age other than at school and with my shyness ><

19. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im really shy, and actually talking to people that I dont know terrifies me to no end. But, once you get to know me, and u start saying something first, i could talk to you until the sun explodes. flirting, on the other hand, is just something i dont do. I just cant. the idea of it just makes want to curl up in a ball and stay there forever. I dont know about all shy people, thats just me though

20. Candace

Contrary to what everyone here might think, I'm actually kind of a shy person to begin with :grin:. Anyway, I find people not drawing attention to themselves, being subtle and conspicuous, along with being shy, is a really huge turn on for me :slight_smile:.