1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of emergency fashion advice.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shinji, Aug 28, 2014.

1. shinji

shinji Guest

Okay so on 30.08.2014 there is going to be this huge event in my city that only happens once a year. There will be a lot of people there who will most probably share my interests (it’s an anime convention, so… yeah). Basically I want to look as best as I can in order to perhaps, maybe… possibly, meet someone new?!

Anyway, I’m struggling with the idea of a pants / shirt combo. To make this simple, I’ll just list the few choices that I have and consider reasonable for the occasion/weather/look.

Pants:
    1. Purple with a “brushed metal” look, these are very light fabric and somewhat formal, also quite expensive, comfortable to wear for extended periods of time, they fit me loosely but are not baggy.
    2. Teal skinny jeans that look sexy on me, elastic, somewhat heavier fabric and comfortable but can show stains from sweat over extended periods of time.
    3. Bright Red skinny jeans, same model as the ones above.
    4. Black skinny jeans, somewhat similar to the ones above but the fabric is slightly lighter, they do show spots when sweating.
    Shirts:
    1. Teal fitted shirt with laces, small indented vertical stripe patterns, looks really sexy on me, shows sweat spots after extended use.
    2. Black fitted shirt, same model as above, really deep black, have not worn it, don’t know if it will show sweat spots.
    3. White fitted shirt, same model as the ones above, never had an occasion to wear it, don’t know how it handles sweat.
    4. Marron slim shirt, very tight fit, wore it once, shows sweat spots and got a compliment that I was working out (I wasn’t at the time).
    5. Gray slim shirt, same as above.
    6. Black slim shirt, same as above.
    7. Gray fitted shirt with a black and white graphic of… I don’t know, it looks cool and blurry. Also has black lining on the sleeves and neck, does show my collar bones which I personally find attractive but some might not.

As for shoes, I wear a pair of Blue/White Nike Air…something, something. There is no other choice on that front so I’ve just decided to not include the shoes in my “calculations”. Would have gotten something else but these are quite comfy so… yeah.

What combination would you guys suggest is best?

So far I’ve tried doing 1-1, 2-4 and 4-7. Did try the red skinny jeans once but don’t remember with what shirt… Think it was some of my other ones that I just put on to avoid going out shirtless…
    Sorry for the long post, this is kind of important, I suck at this stuff…

edit: - I talk about sweating a lot not because i sweat but because i'll be there for like... 9 hours at least, then there is the after party which will be 4 more hours at least... And i don't know how well the air conditioning of the place is, it will be a huge room like crammed with people and i'll be wearing a somewhat heavy backpack. Backpack is black, just FYI.

#1 shinji, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. Dakeli27

I like black, so I'd suggest 4-2 or 4-6, but I don't know what black looks like on you.

3. Hexagon

Try assigning a number to each, and throwing dice. And wear deodorant to avoid sweat patches.

4. shinji

shinji Guest

I do wear deodorant but... It's like 30 degrees celsius here, and it is going to continue all day, a whole day on foot... No matter how little a person sweats, even this is too much. As for the dice, it doesn't really solve my problem. You know, when you see a person that has matched their clothes perfectly, you simply "notice" them quicker and they look better than... let's say someone who decided that dressing all black would be a good idea.

5. Hexagon

I do?

6. Yosia

Cosplay!!

But if you are to be boring then i would say 3-2 and wear black converse. ^.^

7. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should have on one piece being black and another being complimentary. Don't wear the dark red because you'll end up with a similar effect to black on black in that setting (it looks good, mind, it just ends up being too much dark.)

So, in my personal opinion, 1-2 or 2-2. I suggested 2-2 only because you said 1 was expensive.

So uh...those are my thoughts. :icon_redf I like men's fashion quite a bit....

Good luck!:thumbsup:

8. shinji

shinji Guest

I just feel that black will be too heavy and in contrast with the teal jeans... What do you think about 3-3 or 1-1? I am trying to go by the color scale (opposites etc...). I don't know, it's problematic for me to decide because (and i know people will hate me for saying this) everything looks good on me, but in this case i don't want to look good, i want to be... like perfect!

9. Yosia

3-3 is a no but 1-1 might look okay. ^.^

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

None of the above, you go dressed as your favorite anime character silly.

If that's not an option then pants #2 Shirt #1 layered over shirt #2 to avoid sweat showing through, and to allow the lace pattern to have a better background than your skin.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Purple pants, white top.

I'm a bit biased with the pants selection, though, because I like my purple pants.

Purple pants, teal top. That could work, but, it's kind of hard to pull off, without a jacket. If you have a purple jacket, then teal top, all day.

12. Hexagon

Just out of curiosity, what colour is teal?

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

[​IMG]

14. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely not 1-1. Unless the purple is -dark-. You'll end up looking like uh a rave club or something.

3-3 is the better of those two - white and red look good, but at times can end up looking like Christmas. I think since they are both fitted it has the potential to look awesome or not.

My counter suggestions are 4-1, or 1-5.

Opposing colours are good, but it's inadvisable to have two flashy colours.

Also, if you're good looking, you're good looking, and the rest of us can all sit in jealousy and awe. That's all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So be confident.

Er, I ended up a bit pushy in this. :icon_redf Sorry if any of it is rude or too assertive.

15. shinji

shinji Guest

1-1 does in fact look okay and it's not too flashy, it's my backup plan! I was thinking however of trying something new. Can you elaborate on why 3-3 is not good?
    Is it that repulsive to show some skin? I seriously thought it was the other way around. It's not as if the laces reveal too much, it's almost if i was wearing a long v-neck but it shows less.

As for the cosplaying idea, i was thinking of going as "Nai" from Karneval, but couldn't get my hands on a wig, didn't know what to do about the eyes, makeup...and bracelet and... i'm just too old and ugly for this. :icon_sad: Excuse me why i go cry in a corner!
    The purple is not that dark but because of the "brushed metal" look it has, it does come out as not so flashy and more, erm... sophisticated?! The teal shirt is actually quite dark. Also about looking good, it's exactly because i'm ugly, that nice clothes look good on me, regardless of how i mix them up. It's like... it can't get any more worse, know what i'm saying? (!)

In conclusion, thanks to all of you for replying and giving me somewhat of an idea of what to do. Gonna go try all the combinations now and see what happens!

16. Yosia

@shinji because i believe having the more standout color on the bottom looks really bad. Im not saying it will look bad on you but it wont look anywhere near as good as other combinations. ^.^