1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Goody. Procrastination.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Isabelina, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Isabelina

I'm having a terrible time with my procrastination at the moment.

There are a million things I need to do this weekend and so far I've only done...1.

Anyone have any advice as to how I can get my butt off this computer and ACTUALLY start working?

Or if you want to encourage me to continue my procrastination, thats cool too.

<3Isa.

2. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    What helps me get some work done is to get out of my dormroom and find somewhere else to go with my books... it keeps the pesky distractions like the internet away.

It's ok though, I have a good deal of work to do too. I have to find 10 research sources on Inuits in our tiny library and a couple online. And I have an exam on monday that I'm really really not prepared for (kinda stressing over that one) We can procrastinate together!! :grin:

3. Nova713

Nova713 Guest

First, I would allocate time to each of the things that need done. Second (like Joey said) eliminate distractions (tv, music, and especially internet.) Honestly, all the stuff you need to get done probably won't take as long as you think it will. Just take it one thing at a time. You can do it!

4. JayC

JayC Guest

ahh i procrastinate all the time but i find that if i pressure myself, like do two or three things at once i can focus MUCH better and i cant work in silence so try playin music while u work

5. myra

I'm actually on here procrastinating right now. Hehe. No advice. Just wasting time with you.

6. Derek the Wolf

Remove distractions, and get to it. You need to learn to self-motivate is all. It's a trait you'll have to work at over time (I still don't have it :frowning2:). Best of luck with it.

7. Isabelina

Haha. Hi all!

Yeah, I got a few things done today. Thank goodness I have tomorrow to work,too, or I would have to pull another all nighter. Even though school started only about a week and a half ago, yes I have ALREADY pulled an all nighter.

But yeah. I have research to do, too Joey. On an oceanographer. But, that assignment isn't all too clear yet. What I do have is a TON of SAT studying to do, 3 scholarship essays to write and work to do on a Chinese course I'm taking on the internet. Crazy me, deciding to do all this junk Junior year. Sheesh.

uggh. And I just realized that I have a reccommendation to write and I have to call my coach to schedule a lesson. Grrrrr.

So far, I've done 5/17 things on my list. w00t!

8. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck with the rest on your list. I know exactly what you're going through. Although I'm pretty good about not procrastinating. :slight_smile: Hope you get all 17 things complete.

9. Isabelina

Muahahaha. Day 2 of my weekend and I didn't even get up until around 11. XP

Geex. I am going to need to remind myself of how important completing the list today is. Because if I don't do any one of these things, some part of my life will fall into complete and utter chaos. Rawr.