1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has this ever happened to u?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by unsure13, Sep 13, 2008.

1. unsure13

unsure13 Guest

Ok so I like this guy and my guy friend likes the same guy, but he knows him better, Dakota (the guy, and yes that's his name) knows we both like him, but he has a bf (they're bi (my friend and Dakota) but I'm not sure yet) well anyways Carlos (my friend) and Dakota went to the movies together and Carlos started to show off to me and saying all this stuff about him and Dakota and well I got very jealous, but didn't tell him anything.
    Whenever Carlos and Dakota hang out Carlos tells me all about it like if I cared and I really don't I just get jealous....Well on Friday there was this High School football game and I had to go because the middle school had to play with the high school marching band and blah I couldn't just watch the game with my friends. Carlos and Dakota went to the game together, i didn't see them, but Carlos of course told me ALL about it.

I am really tired of Carlos telling me all this stuff about him and Dakota, but I don't know how to tell him I don't care and he should shut up....I know he's not a very good friend in that way, but I could trust him with my life and I don't want to stop being his friend because well I've known him since Kindergarten (8 years). Any advice that you could give me on what to do?

Thanks

2. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You don't need to tell him that you 'don't care' so much as you just don't want to hear about it. Given he's such a good friend - as long as you make it clear to him that you're not having a stab at him - you should just be able to tell him how you feel about hearing about him and Dakota all the time, and he should respect that. :slight_smile:

You need to keep in mind, too, how Carlos is feeling. He's probably quite excited about spending time with Dakota and would like to share his experiences with a very good friend (ie you), and probably thinks nothing harmful is coming of sharing these details. :wink: