1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Society for Creative Anachronism

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Najlen, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Najlen

I just found the Society for Creative Anachronism and I am really exited about probably joining! For those who haven't heard of it, it is a worldwide medieval roleplaying organization. You can go to workshops, tournaments, fairs, feasts, and other events that are held a few times a month. There are kingdoms and baronies based on where you live, and they function quite a bit like actual kingdoms. You are required to come in costume and you can learn medieval crafts, and jousting, and things like that.

Is there anyone on here who is a member? What do you think of it? Also, if someone could tell me how often you have to renew memberships, that would be awesome because I can't figure it out.

2. Dakeli27

My plan is to go to a ren faire dressed all steampunk. "Do not fear! I am a time traveler from the strange world of Victorian England!". Basically, don't invite me.

This does sound really neat, and I might check it out.

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, it seems exciting, but I've never heard of it before... I'm going to look it up, definitely. :grin:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard of it. The group is pretty awesome. I've never been involved, but would totally do it in an instant. The only problem is that it is very in-depth and can require some startup expense as far as armor goes.

That's why I prefer foam-weapon groups like Dagorhir. It's a more relaxed atmosphere without strict rules of noble hierarchy and doesn't require armor. But that can be both a good and bad thing.