1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What were people's/that person's reaction when you came out to them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MissRanger, Aug 30, 2014.

1. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

I came out to one of my relative yesterday. He kept teasing me about having a boyfriend and stuff so I came 'clean' to him and told him I'm not into guys. He's accepting but he was surprised at first. I thought he was 'flattering' me or something because I'm pretty gay and I've always hinted to him my interest for women. We would both show each other's pictures of hot girls and I'd always talk about Kate Upton lol. He said that he didn't expect it and he told me I should dressed up more masculine. His last statement did not make sense to me but I didn't create a whole debate on it instead I just told him I like dressing up in a 'feminine' way. But either way I was just happy to let it out and have someone close to you accept you. Although I'm not fully out yet but I'm doing it little by little :grin: But what are your stories?

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

"yeah i always knew"

"haha had a feeling"

"okay"

"so are you attracted to me? idk why but lesbians usually like me"

"eh you might change your mind tho"

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the most part I have had positive reactions. Most people said congrats, and that they saw this coming

4. Ryujin

So someone spread it as a rumour round the school so I had someone come up to me and say, "people have been saying things about you and I don't want to say what it is on case it offends you." And I already knew what they were going to say so I confirmed it.

5. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While playing a multiplayer xbox 360: "I wanted to tell you something that I realized recently"
    "uh huh"
    "I'm bisexual"
    "ha ha ha Ok"
    "I'm serious"
    "oh ok I thought you were telling a joke"
    He had, just like pretty much everybody at that point, no inkling of it. Wonder what he will say when I tell him I want to transition into living as a woman. He'll accept it, but I have no idea what he will say.

6. the haunted

Mom: This was after I came out as "questioning" after telling her about this girl I liked at the time. Exact words: "Wow...not exactly what I was expecting. First of all, you know we love you with all our hearts no matter what. I guess you need to figure out if you're drawn to just that particular person or if it's the whole group more or less. You have to go with your feelings or you will live your life unhappy and regretful. I will always support you and be there for you." I'm pretty lucky to have a supporting mom. She watched my uncle go through the stressful coming out process when he was a teenager, so she sort of understood what I might be going through.

Dad: "Okay." That's the only thing my mom told me he said.

Brother: "What?! No! I don't want to be that weird family at Thanksgiving with the lesbian daughter!" Hahaha gotta love him.

Best Friend: "OMG really? What's her name??"

Boyfriend at the time: I was only questioning when I came out to him. I told him I had soul searching to do and he said that if I had soul searching to do then he wasn't the right one for me. Overall he wasn't very surprised. Just heartbroken. He was convinced I was a full lesbian until I did. These days he's one of my biggest supporters and I'm so thankful for that. He gives me advice and encouragement all the time.

Other Friend: "Really? Haha I didn't see that coming. But congrats on the new self discovery :slight_smile:"

Then there's guys at work who tell me I'm not gay because they want to sleep with me.

7. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told my mom and at first we where arguing whether I would have a kid I told her " I will adopt" and she said "why are you gay" jokingly and I said "yes" at first she thought I was joking then her eyes got real big and said "that's why your'e gonna adopt" but overall good

8. Candace

No one knew, until the very end when it hit them "like a ton of bricks". All of them were very supportive and would still be my friends no matter what. :slight_smile: