1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hairdye, Sep 13, 2008.

?

Relationships?

1. I believe in relations, no ships for me. ;]

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. They're tedious, but I can put up with them.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. If they happen, they happen.

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  4. I just love being with somebody who will eventually break my heart! <3

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. hairdye

I'm just wondering, am I the only one who is totally turned off by relationships?
    I mean, I've tried them and they're just so draining. I'm pretty sure theres plenty of other sane people out there who realize the tediousness of relationships. But I want to hear them say it. ;x

2. xXxNealxXx

A town where you get beat up for ur Imperfections
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ok i think u cant really have some onr unless ur in a realationship withthem

3. hairdye

umm, define "have"? ;x

4. raizen

raizen Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hmm dont take offense to this but i think that thats an aweful cinical veiw on relationships it almost sounds like you havent had a true one...or am i wrong?

5. I completely 100% agree with you. Relationships are so tedious, so draining, so much work and energy and I don't think it's worth it at all. I guess I could, in theory, go out with someone but I don't know how much time and energy I'd be willing to put into it.

6. hairdye

you're wrong. i had one.
    two really. but i cut two when i realized how awful they were.
    am i wrong with anything I say? Do you not drain yourself to make the other person happy at times? Do you not make sacrifices for them? Do you not spend money on them? Do you not give your everything, only to end up with someone being hurt at the end?

I mean, sure there are some that live "Happily ever after". But why even bother unless you're sure you can spend the rest of your life with a person? I see no reason.

7. hairdye

Praise Madonna.
    I'm not the only sane one.

8. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No reward comes without sacrifice. :slight_smile:

9. BeautifulStranger

I was just like that and when I finally decided that relationships weren't for me, I met the love of my life...
    And I will admit it is tedious. Incredibly tedious and exhausting. We fight so often, he has plenty of habits that bug me, I want to change so much about him... but at the same time, everything about him is perfect and I wouldn't give him up for the world. And as much work as it is, I've learned so much about myself from this.
    I think a relationship with the right person is the most rewarding thing in the world.

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The idea of a relationship itself turns me off, but when you are with the right guy, the tedium goes away. Sorry, but because I am in a good relationship now, I have to disagree with you.

11. hairdye

Of course those in a relationship disagree.
    Nobody stands back and looks at it, until you're stuck.
    Although TD seems to be able to do it and I understand where he's coming from.

But finding the person like that, doesn't happen everyday.
    and maybe when that happens a relationships fine.
    but other than that-- they're hell.

12. EmperorNero

I love relationships. I'm not in one now, and I can see why you dislike them. But falling asleep in someones arms, for example, is one of the most wondrous things I've ever experienced.

13. JWAD

JWAD Guest

A relationship shouldn't drain u, u shouldget out as much as u put in and enjoy everything about them, I am in a relationship atm so i understand if ur cinical of my view. If ur being drained by the relationship then something about it's wrong, I used toagree with u on my last relationship where i was putting everything in and getting nothing out but my current one is completely different. I get out of it everything i put in and the only bad part is not being with my bf, god thatmakes me sound like a love sick puppy but i cant think how else 2 put it lol

14. partietraumatic

this is all quite depressing really. a relationship is wonderful,its a great feeling to have somebody there. yes it takes work, but its worth it. i would say if you felt it was an effort then you shouldnt have been with the people anyway. it should be a pleasure to be with that person and you should feel like you want to do everything for them. yes i got hurt at the end of my last relationship but that wont put me off another. and i would do it all over again if i could, becuase those times when youre with somebody,and somebody you really wanna be with, its truely wonderful and one of the best feelings i know

15. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never been in one, and not looking. Also not interested in relations without being in a relationship (hence I plan to be single and virginal forever).

I just don't need anybody else. I don't know how that makes me come across, but whatevs.

16. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If your relationship is tedious, draining, a ton of work and takes too much energy then its clearly a bad relationship @_@
    Not all relationships are like that at all.

17. jazzrawr

Well, yes, relationships can be draining.
    But love is a big thing, and you have to work for it.
    Of course, that's just my opinion.
    Relationships aren't for everyone. :slight_smile:
    I like them, though...it's nice to have someone who really cares about you.

18. Exactly. I'm not looking and I don't really need anyone. It'd be more of a secondary thing. If I accomplished everything else I wanted to then maybe there would be room.

19. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay I have had a god awful relationship where the other person did nothing but take and take and it was a hell of a lot of work on my part and then I was used before I was dumped, so I can understand your dislike of relationships. But personally I don't think you have been in a good relationship if your view is so cynical. Now I know relationships aren't for everyone but I have been in a great relationship where it was giving on both sides and we made each other very happy and we were perfect for each other well almost. Unfortunately it was a girl so when it came to actual relations we fell apart. It did however give me a look at what a relationship can be like and through the tough times has kept my faith in relationships.

I can't say if relationships are for you. But I know for damn sure they are for me. I have tried having relations without a relationship and I couldn't bring myself to it I was totally turned off and wanted nothing to do with it and left before anything really happened.

Are relationships hard you bet your ass they are but are they worth it yes they are. Well that is of course if the other person is willing to sacrifice as much as you are for them. You have to be willing to put your chips on the table and take risks if you hope to find true happiness.