1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

were are all the butches at?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by call meh blue, Aug 31, 2014.

1. call meh blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a butch. I like other butches. But in Tennessee all I can find are femmes so I'd like to know where in Tennessee I can find some butches ( no gay bars )

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wait your saying there are femmine lesbians in your state ?
    Man I really should move :confused:

3. wanderinggirl

i don't know if i'm butch or not but I certainly dress like a dude... I know zero other butch women. So hey there! *high five*

---------- Post added 31st Aug 2014 at 01:05 PM ----------

Ahahahaha :grin: NYC is chockfull of lovely femmes!

#3 wanderinggirl, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  4. call meh blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

#4 call meh blue, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  5. wdtgg

Out Status:
    A few people
    same, i don't know where they are in my city, either butch or femme... may i should move abroad, or keep searching in my area, but i feel a bit weird having to do so, i never were into going to disco, bars and so on, but i guess where else could i find someone interesting that could be interested in me aswell?
    and i'm more butch-like than femme, i've always been a tomboy.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

internet dating sites

---------- Post added 31st Aug 2014 at 12:44 PM ----------

or it may just be texas, in which case my answer is "texas"

7. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I like butch women a lot too. Have you tried looking online, you might be able to find some.

8. wanderinggirl

blue, do you find a lot of resistance to the term "butch" either within yourself or from others? I feel like it encompasses a narrow range of masculinity, a very old-fashioned one, and I feel like just feeling dudely isn't enough to be butch; it involves a whole lot of stuff I don't really identify with, like fixing things (i suck at that) and being big and strong (i'm strong but small) and being all chivalrous (i'm not looking for someone who wants that kind of boy/girlfriend) and never crying. I feel like in general the queer community doesn't like the term either, but maybe it's just me?

9. I too like butch women (not exclusively, though), but I'm a feminine lesbian lol. My city is kinda small, but we have a fair amount of teen butches in my school. I know other girls who look butch but may not actually be queer, so there's that, too. I'd start with the femmes and see if they can lead you to butch girls, and if all else fails, you could try either 1) a big city or 2) online websites that aren't solely for dating-- like tumblr, say.

Happy searching!

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's times like this I wish I owned a car :icon_sad:

11. call meh blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well. You can identify as butch without following the stereo types.and usually people don't call me butch. ( I'm not completely out yet. ) but those who I am out to started calling me a butch before I knew what it was. You can chose to identify as what ever you want, but people will still chose to label you. Also no I don't feel restrictions except I can't be myself around my family. When it comes to fixing stuff... let's just say I break more than I fix ... lol and it usually just depends on where you live and who you talk to if they accept the term butch or not. And there are actually different types of butch. Like I identify as soft butch. Their are also baby butch stone butch and others. It all depends on you. Hope this helps. If not look up butch talk on youtube. It is NOT me just to clerify but she has helped me be more me. :slight_smile: to wandering girl!!!

12. Lipstick Leuger

Blue, it is nice to see a baby Butch who gets it.

I have never heard that butches should not cry, and that is just as silly as saying men should never cry. Everyone has emotions and they should feel free to show them. I am married to a wonderful OFOS Butch and am 100% Femme. However, I fix my own machinery, and what I can't fix, she does. I just do it in pink, and with nail polish on! LOL

13. call meh blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty awesome! I just feel odd that I like other butches. That's my only dilemma with who I am!:thumbsup:

14. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

That's not odd at all. I know there has been a tradition of sorts to have one butch and one femme, but can you actually think of a reason why all relationships must be that way? We like what we like.

15. call meh blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only reason that is my Dr Lima is that there are only femmes were I'm at or the butches here only like femmes. So I'm stuck in a rut. But one day I shall find someone:icon_wink

16. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That is a good question! I am a feminine lesbian and am very attracted to butches as well. However, here in South Carolina, they are no where to be found! When you find them, tell me!:wink:

17. call meh blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All right I'll let ya know if I find any:icon_wink

18. wanderinggirl

You sound f---ing awesome I give you a million high fives! I don't mean I think like that, but I mean that butch tends to be associated with old school masculinity. There's probably a hundred ways to be butch. But as I don't know any young people who identify as butch I assume that's the reason? Anyways I think old school gender dynamics are icky regardless of either party's gender so let's keep messing that up! I would love either a butch or a femme or even a guy who "out-butchers" me without making me feel like I need to be feminine. I just couldn't care less if I'm the butch or femme one. And I paint my nails too thank you very much! :slight_smile:

19. wanderinggirl

Also I don't know if there's any winning; I know a friend who is a femme into femmes and has a hard time in her home country, but she comes to the city and she goes nuts on all the femmes here. Meanwhile I can't seem to find any women on the masculine side up here. Plus most of the LGBT people in the city seem to be of the artsy hipster variety, with whom I have very little in common, so I don't know... there are slim pickings no matter what "type" you are and no matter what your "type" is...

20. Lipstick Leuger

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Butch digging another Butch or a Femme another Femme. Anyone who says there is is not someone that is worth your time hanging about. Blue, you should never feel odd for loving who you love. I dated Femmes at first when I came out, but the zing was not there for me as with a Butch. If I had met one that I loved, I would not let anything stop me from keeping her. My Butch wife dated a Butch cop, but it did not work for her either, however, her BFF is also a Butch and she found another Butch to share her life with. Our youngest daughter is Tomboi Femme and she is only attracted to other Tombois. She is really not into Butches at all.

That is one aspect of the LGBT culture that I am very glad is changing.