1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm different now, but...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by don29002, Aug 31, 2014.

1. don29002

I haven't been on here since October 2013, and before that, maybe 2011 or '12.
    Looking back at my old posts about past lovers and other things, I get so sad because back then I felt like I had no friends on here.
    I felt like everyone on here hated me for various reasons.

I'm a different person than I was back then, but I always get upset over the rude things people used to tell me. Whether I was full of drama or whatever else they said. I tried defending myself without success.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know what happened back then, but it's likely not everyone (or even most people) hated you. That's just your mind playing tricks on you whenever someone disagrees with what you said. Maybe you didn't appear to be listening to advice.

Think about the reason why you made this thread now. What is the goal?

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

^ this, EC is pretty much the least judgmental place I know on the internet.

4. don29002

The goal was a sort of apology to the members of EC that I pissed off years ago. I had a period where I liked this guy and posted about me and his situation daily. I slowly became well known because of how often I posted topics and threads, but that turned out to be a very bad thing.

5. AKTodd

I wasn't around for your earlier experiences here and, while I could presumably look at your old posts and catch up, perhaps a better option might be...

The past is past and if you're a different person now, then it seems like a good opportunity to start over re your relationship with EC as well.:thumbsup:

Just a thought,

Todd

6. don29002

Good idea! I'll definitely try to start anew :slight_smile:

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Times change and people change too, this is especially true when you are quite young. I've certainly changed since I was your age.

There are many different personalities on this forum and hard as we try to gel around the issues we agree on, there will be times when we press each others buttons. People will have disagreements (that's life), but I think most members on here are able to have a difference of opinion about a given issue or subject without holding really hard feelings or hating their opponent/s.

Hope you find your relationship with EC better now. Nice to see you!

8. Sailorsheart

Like a good wine, and yes people too, time and experience smooths and mellows and evens out the bumps. Been there done that... Very thankful that I have the time now to enjoy life...

9. don29002

Beautiful quote! I agree. People can agree to disagree, and that's a part of life.
    Thank you! Our relationship is much better than 3 years ago when I first joined.