1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you find offensive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThePrideInside4, Aug 31, 2014.

1. ThePrideInside4

What do you think is offensive?
    Here's my list:
    •Hooters. For making girls look like sex objects instead of real people. Why aren't there half-naked men standing around?
    •When people say "THAT'S SO GAY!" about every :***: thing, when it really isn't.
    •When I tell one of my friends someone has a crush on me and they say "Eww! They're so gross and ugly!" or when someone is told they are pretty and they say "Gross...You like me?" They're pretty much insulting themselves.
    •The words "ugly" and "bitch". No one in this world is "ugly". And "bitch" is mostly used on females. Disrespecting females is offensive to me, so is disrespecting anyone.

---------- Post added 31st Aug 2014 at 04:04 PM ----------

I was taught to never disrespect anyone, mostly females, which is kind of sexist. I also find sexism offensive.

2. Candace

Bigots in general, when people assume that since I'm gay, I have a crush on them -_-.

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Agreed on everything you said. I also find racism, sexism, all the isms really to be offensive. Another thing I find offensive is any form of slur.

4. Princess Danica

Lol the hooters guys and gay phrase I totally agree with. I find them offensive too, and not much offends me. As for the word bitch, yes in the instance of calling a woman a bitch as an insult yes I find that offensive, but in a sexual way? Like "that's my bitch" I don't mind that too much. Kind of turns me on to tell the truth lol

5. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When people take exception at anything I do. It offends me. :lol:
    No but for serious I get most offended at people doing or saying things that are deliberately mean-spirited and meant to harm others. Especially when there isn't even a profit motive involved, so it just descends from greed or ambition into sadism.

6. Aquilo

The glorification of war and nationalism during the recent World War I memorials. World leaders who should know better, praising soldiers who died for their country, because the cause of their nation was 'good'. It was just an imperialistic scrap caused by greed, pride and national prestige (And it wasn't just Germany which behaved like that, the allies were guilty of that too!) in which far too many innocent people died and which had far too many nasty and cruel consequences.

Those people can stuff their 'military glory', their 'patriotism', 'duty', 'courage' and 'sacrifice', which they use to glorify their war. In a real war none of these values matters in the end and mindless slaughter prevails.

Glorify war and more people are willing to give their lives for nothing and cause chaos and destruction. We owe it to those people who died in that war to not do this.

7. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You have hit the nail firmly on the head.

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Heterosexism
    The concept of Virginity
    Misogyny/Misandry
    Pro-circumcision (not for it)

9. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there was a male equivalent of Hooters, called "Bananas", I would totally go there. :wink:

10. Ryujin

People using 'gay' as a slur.
    People questioning my sexuality
    People who are bigots
    People who claim holy righteousness
    People who change facts to suit them

I used to find being told that I would go to hell offensive.
    I've now become so insensitive to the phrase that it has become a joke.

11. Acm

Acm Guest

Sexism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, racism, anti-semitism, etc.

12. Vaettfang

Homophobes and brony haters.
    So what if we like My Little Pony? We didn't ask your opinion, bigots!

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I find this thread offensive!

LOL, I'm kidding! But, somebody had to do it.

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexism. And sexism. Also sexism.

15. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    First worldism.

16. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any type of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, racism, misogyny or religious zealots.

17. MiseryJoe

Wow... You guys took the words out of my mouth... Those things mentioned here are really offensive for me....

To be exact, I find anything that makes a big deal out of being gay offensive... Like some straight people thinking that a gay would do anything sexually to them such as fellatio and anal sex.... It's like they forget that we're also humans with heart who is able to love... I hate people who would automatically see 'sex and gay' combined....

We gay are capable of hug, kiss and love and we deserve it... Plus, I hate it the most when some people mistakenly assume me having crush on them just because of my sexuality.... The fact that people whom I'm not attracted to assuming me having a crush on them is just simply ewwww for me.....

18. iGustavoLeon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    this

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apart from the traditional, blatant disrespect and devaluation of people due to race, sex, etc., I find selective compassion to be among my most hated acts. Don't fight your own struggle by dumping mud on others in the process.

One of the most disheartening things I've ever seen is when one group is discriminatory against another to gain favour with the group degrading both. For example, racism/classism within the queer community, or omitting certain disorders from mental-illness campaigns because they're not as good for publicity. Fighting for your own rights while ignoring everyone below you on the social ladder is despicable. It shows that you devalue them in a similar way, that you just want to be one with oppressors and bullies.

Another issue is patronising false-help. People who try to liberate, illuminate, or otherwise try to repair others from their religions (or non-religion) and cultures are among the most horrible people, in my view. If you think that you're automatically superior on those grounds, you're probably offending everyone who isn't exactly like you. Assuming your culture and thinking are inherently better, even in subtle ways, is an unforgiveably arrogant and degrading act. When the expression of it is subtle, and criticism of it is met with "you're taking me out of context/calm down," I actually think that this line of thinking is far more harmful than vitriolic idiocy like the Westboro Baptist Church. It's more palatable for bigotry to disguise itself as assistance under the guise of educating or civilising others. That is more offensive and harmfully effective than just screaming "God hates fags" while the rest of the world laughs at you.

#19 Aussie792, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  20. iHateThinking

Sexism. Racism.
    Homophobia. Saying things are "gay" when you really mean "silly" or "bad" (I don't find this as offensive as it is irritating). Or people 'accepting' one side without accepting the rest. (like some girls who are cool with gay men but "ewww" with lesbians and vice versa.)
    Transphobia. My best friend is trans, and as much as I try to avoid taking things like this personally, it still bothers me a lot.

If there's one thing I absolutely can't STAND though, it's when people can't substantiate their claims with evidence and claim that theirs is the only right way, or when you provide the facts and opinions and essentially everything for a sound argument that refutes what they said, and they essentially ignore it and continue on with their nonsensical reasoning. It's offensive in the sense that like, wow, you didn't even take the time to consider the implications what I just presented when I did the same for you. It's vital to present the HOW and the WHY, especially in a discussion environment and especially with complex topics.