1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

butch haircuts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by call meh blue, Aug 31, 2014.

1. call meh blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom is finally letting me get my hair cut and I want something butch. Any ideas?

2. wanderinggirl

Short hair for the first time is the best! It's so freeing. A friend cut mine for the first time; she literally grabbed my ponytail and cut all the hair off (and then trimmed from there)! It sounds silly, but it was one of the most important things I've ever done for myself, because I was only keeping my hair long in order to ensure I was still attractive to guys, even though I never liked my hair like that. It's made me feel super independent.

I had some good and bad haircuts since; I had a fauxhawk but that felt like it was trying too hard, even though a lot of other people can pull it off. I had an undercut-ish thing and it also wasn't me; but again, buzzed hair can look great on some people. I had soccer mom hair that I had to straighten and style into some kind of shape.

Nowadays I'm not the poster child for Best Hair Ever, but I do alright. The styles I tend to like on myself have some pieces around the hairline, in front of the ears; some length on top; and bangs. Usually it flips up on its own in the front so I encourage it to just take its natural course.

Look online, talk to your hair dresser, don't be afraid of one or two bad hair cuts (invest in some hats!) And keep in mind your hair texture; there are some really awesome androgynous cuts that only look good with really curly or really straight hair but you have to be aware of the limitations of your own genetics.

Post some pix when you get it cut!

3. call meh blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will I will! I think I'm getting it cut Friday? If there's not a football game.:grin:

4. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Look online and see what works with your face shape.

5. wanderinggirl

Ahahaha :slight_smile: good luck! Check out pinterest theres a ton of queer people of all genders posting photos of awesome hair and clothing. You're bound to find a cut you like.

I'm getting mine cut tomorrow. I went into my roommates room and told her "look! my hair is getting soooo long I'm like rapunzel!" she was like "???" "it's like 5 inches long at the top! look! i could be rapunzel in a really short tower if i turn my head upside down!" "........"

6. call meh blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. wdtgg

Out Status:
    A few people
    I always had a medium lenght hair, but when I was 20 I finally I gave it the first proper cut. I'm glad the hairdresser was fully supportive and understanding -it was my cousin- was also the first time I dyed it, red. I loved how it looked.
    Then i let it grow for a while, and now I'm back to have it cut for a while, longer this time.
    Both times I kept a thin braid that is in the center of the back, the backbone.
    This time I had it cut kinda asymmetric pixie cut, will try other styles and kinda make it up as I go, until I find one that I really like.
    Is a lot more comfortable for me. (I have a permanent injury on my arm which affects the movement, so for me is difficult to have very long hair and do some hairdo, other than a low ponytail).

8. I really like this girl's hair, and you can try going through the butch tag on there to see more haircuts.