1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbows~Exist, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Rainbows~Exist

I have seen a lot of threads on EC saying "What do you find offensive?" or "Things you find wrong?" but I haven't been able to post in them as my answers would seem very petty compared to what some other people have said. As a result I have created this thread where you just post a few mild annoyances you have. Mine are:

*When there's an argument you're not involved in raging around you and one person asks you a question that depending on your answer will put you in a bad place with one person or another.

*(I don't know about you but this happens to me a lot) When you're sat with someone and there's silence, nothing to say and the other person says something to themselves that doesn't concern you and they look over at you expectantly. What am I supposed to say?

*I get asked to do one thing then a second person asks me to do another and I'm put on the spot.

*When someone says something along the lines of "I feel like getting a drink." And I reply "Go on then." But they ask me to get it for them and I say no and then they're all like "Fine then I won't get one." And they give me the cold shoulder for a good five minutes.

*When people take credit for something you came up with.

*When you're with friends and they cant decide what to do and it's then up to you to suggest an amazing idea.

*Popular people on Facebook.

*When a person's reason for doing something is "Because..."

I'm sure I could go on for hours but I think I'll stop here as I have so many pet peeves.
    So... what annoys you? :slight_smile:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

People that chew food/gum or sniffle loudly, it drives me insane

When people outside your house are so noisy that you can hear them inside

People that condescend to you

Pretentious people or elitist people (like music elitists)

Bragging

People that judge you when they don't even know you. I've had people that I've never even spoken to call me innocent and gentle and sweet just because I'm quiet, even though I'm not really like that at all. Or people are condescending to me because I'm shy.

When other people consider them to be more important or above you for no reason, and they make you do stuff for them and order you around

3. Litveninko

when people stare at me for no reason, or my parents.
    When you are still with a group and they whisper to each other.
    NOISE AND CHATTERBOX people. ><
    someone wake me up and call my name.
    Judgy people.

4. Bubble Bun

Bubble Bun Guest

I have too many, but here are some of my pet peeves~

✿ Those teachers who say to students: "In the real world"

✿ When someone fidgets with a pair of sharp scissors or plays the knife game

✿ When an author uses "said" throughout the entire novel

✿ During the aftermath of a argument, the one who started the entire quarrel is immediately positive, and pretends that petty disagreement never existed

✿ When someone uses anxiety and depression or mental illnesses in general as a 'cute' trend or romanticizes those illnesses.

✿ People who dehumanize and sexualize other races

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate when the room gets really quiet and then someone says or shouts, "It just got really quiet in here." That drives me up the wall. No shit, Einstein. Just carry on with your conversations.

I also am annoyed by your second one. My friend will do this all the time, and I just kind of sit there like, "Okay... What should I say?"

6. awesomeness

- People who make minimal effort in a friendship, and expect you to carry the conversation and take the initiative all the time

- Ice-cold people who think too highly of themselves

- People who chew their food loudly and with their mouth open (this drives me crazy)

- People who hate on others for stupid reasons

That's really it.

7. One Man Army

- People who chew their food too loudly, or eat with their mouth open. I don't want to see a toothy cavern filled with half-chewed food, thank you!

- 'Lad Culture.' No, thanks.

- Being needlessly rude or hyper-critical towards somebody. There's a time and a place for giving (constructive) criticism.

- Worse, gossiping about a person behind his/her back.

This is true, but I think outright avoidance of the word 'said' for needlessly long synonyms is just as bad.

8. BlackSky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    -When people walk really slow infront of you when you're in a rush (drives me crazy:tantrum:slight_smile:

-When you tell someone something and they are like "can I tell ****" in front of them...

Don't really have anymore.

9. Ryujin

Teachers who say that I'll learn about it in a different year at school.
    "That is obviously really useful to me, thanks! "

10. GreyMalkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When (adult)people use childish or incorrect words like libary, supposably, and irregardless.

11. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People who try to relate to situations knowing full well they know BUGGER ALL about it .
    impatient drivers.

12. AlamoCity

People who put their drink on the left side of the plate and then get annoyed when I accidentally reach to my right and pick up their glass :lol:.