1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesomest Cop Ever...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joey, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Ok, so last night I got bored and went for a drive. Driving through town on my way back to school, I was speeding (going 42mph in a 25mph, but in my defense the limit changes pretty quickly from 35 to 25 the closer you get to town) and I ended up getting pulled over by this cop, very nice fella.
    So, I do the normal drill, turn the car off, keys out of the ignition and on the console and inside lights on (it shows that you know you were in the wrong and that you aren't going to give them any trouble). Anyways, he saunters (yes, saunters) on up to the car and I give him everything he needs and he says "So, how long have you been driving and how is your driving record?"
    Me: "Ummm, 23 months, and it's clean."
    Him: "No prior incidents?"
    Me: "Nope."
    Him: "So this is your first time?"
    Me: "...yessir. Be gentle.... *almost a whisper* go slow."

He then snorts and walks back to his car, returning some times later with a written warning.

2. Amy

Amy

thats pretty awesome. sounds like some of livermore's sro's

3. myra

Hehe. Boyfriend and I went to prom one night and he was going 55 in a 25 or 35 zone. He got pulled over...right in front of his house... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The cop asked for the whole license, registration and proof of insurance. Well... he didn't have his registration. It was across the street in his house! The cop didn't even care though. He just needed the year of the car. And since we were all dressed up (he's in a tux and I've got the dress going) he held small talk with us about prom. And then let him go with a warning saying "if you're mom asks why you were pulled over in front of the house, say it wasn't you." And he left. We were late for dinner but that was it.

Another time he got stopped and couldn't figure out why. The guy came up and just said he'd stopped us because two of his breaklights were out. He even helped us change them and somehow we weren't even late to where we were going.

4. riley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow you are so lucky .... 25mph is really slow, i dont think i could drive that slowly

5. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I rarely do... but I usually only go a little over 30 in town because it's one of those "Maryland Main Street Communities" (you know the type, they have a sign posted and everything) and the streets are rather small and there are people parked on the side of the road. So the travel lanes aren't too terribly wide. But it was almost 11 at night and nobody was out...

6. SlickyPants

The only encounter I've had with a cop was when I was grabbing some lunch while working the night shift at one of my jobs. It was 3 AM and I was leaving 7-Eleven and instead of going down the road a bit to turn left I figured nobody was around and I turned left despite the no left-turn sign. Too make a long story short: somebody was around. I wasn't pulled over right away. For some reason he followed me back to work and started flashing is lights in the parking lot of where I work in front of a bunch of my co-workers on their break having a smoke. I was kind of miffed about that but in the end he gave me a warning which I'm quite happy with because it would otherwise be a $200 fine.

7. BeautifulStranger

The one time I was pulled over I was speeding because I was late to catch a bus for a cheerleading competition.
    The cop pulls me over and I'm freaking out because 1.) I was going to be late and 2.) I had my license for only 3 weeks at that point...
    Well, the cop ends up being the captain of the cheerleading team's dad. He saw me, he saw my uniform and said: Just go... I didn't see you... and you most certainly didn't see me do this.

I barely made it in time.

8. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like he is an awesome cop. :slight_smile: I would be happy in that situation too.