1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I get bullied everywhere, and I feel like I can't stop it from happening anymore.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by don29002, Sep 2, 2014.

1. don29002

I live in an apartment with my mom.

There are neighbours all around us. Some particular ones who live next door are talking about me.
    How I don't clean my ears (which is a lie), my past (I called a girl a derogatory term; long story), and other things.

I've listened in on my neighbors' conversations about me before. They've talked about the time some girl next door to us peeped in my window and saw me jacking off.

There was a point where everyone in my high school was talking negatively about me. It happened for 2 years! It was so bad that even people I thought were my friend were talking shit about me.
    My high school experience was horrible because of everyone emotionally abusing me. My neighbours constantly talked about me--and they still do to this day.
    I told my school guidance counsellor about my neighbours and he said in response, "They can say whatever they want in their house."

I've been talked about in malls, school, a hospital, an outpatient centre.
    People still talk about me frequently in my apartment building and it pisses me off since I think about what my guidance counsellor said.
    I can't do anything about them talking shit about me.
    They even talk about my personal life--how we have roaches in our apartment, how I called one of my neighbours a rude name (and she told my ENTIRE school, including adults in my town)

The bullying was so bad but nobody believed that my neighbor and the entire school was talking about me.
    I would be sitting in class and maybe 6 or more people would constantly talk shit about me every day. It got so bad that I cried TWICE in school--and that gave my bullies power over me, letting them know that their gossip hurts me.
    I had my guidance counsellor come to 3 of my classes and make speeches so my class would stop talking about me.
    But his speeches didn't work.
    I was eventually sent to the hospital (my guidance counsellor thought I was "sick") for 6 days.
    When I was being admitted into the hospital, there were people in the waiting room talking about me. There were kids talking about me.
    I felt like I was worthless, like everyone hated me, that I had no friends.
    The hospital diagnosed me as having psychosis.
    I didn't have it; but whenever I would tell someone how I ended up in the hospital, nobody would believe me.

When I got released from the hospital, the very next day I went to an outpatient therapy center in my town.
    In the outpatient center, the receptionists were gossiping about me.
    I explained to my therapist and my psychiatrist that people even at the outpatient center were talking about me.
    Both of them didn't believe me, which is why I was put on Prozac. (The hospital put me on Risperdal because they thought I had psychosis)
    In the hospital, I heard a friend--someone who I thought was a friend--talking shit about me. In the outpatient center, I would be in group therapy sessions and in the next room people were talking about me. The only reason I never told anyone was because no one would've believed me.

I was scared to go back to school but I went on 25 November. Everything was great!

I wrote this because I felt nobody in my real life would believe me. I felt like no one loved me. I was so afraid to go to school because the entire school was talking about me an my personal life.
    I was afraid to even go out. When I did leave the house, I made sure I spent 5 minutes or as little time as possible, outside so I didn't have to hear people talking negatively about me.

I'm a little better now, but now I go to therapy at a place in Matawan, 20 minutes from my house. Even at the therapy center I go to, the secretaries at the front desk talk about me!!!! I hate them!!!

Is there anything I can do about this?

2. Litveninko

I'm sorry to hear that. BUT seriously, theres nothing you can do about it, why they hell they talk about you?
    Im very sure your weakness and caring for their opinions make them talk more. IT HAPPENS WITH ME ALL THE TIME. But guess what? I dont give a damn bout it. You should know that you are better than them. Be strong, Ignore them. Who gives a sh** when dogs parks?
    Believe me, you won't earn or lose anything if you kept worrying about those fags* (sorry for the swearing)
    show them that you dont care about their talks. Just try it.

In other cases, move from that town, they sound like scumbags.

3. don29002

Good point! They're scum and pieces of shit. I would love to just drown them out!

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sorry you had a lot of bad experiences with people talking behind your back. I had the some problem sometimes and believe me this problem you have is very common. People talking behind someone's back is like a disease now days and it spreads like wildfire. I don't know anyone who has not been in that situation. I know its hurtful and pathetic but the best thing you can do is ignore it because those people suck and not worth your time. But I would report what happened to you at that treatment center because I think that goes across the lines of being professional. In a place that like that there should be policies that say no employee should be gossiping about their patients in any matter. I would see if you can do something about that because it really seems like that crosses a line. I am glad your a little better and hope things get much better.

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Get out of New Jersey, that's what I would do. Half of them are a-holes anyways.

6. DangerAlex

What are they saying? Or maybe you don't feel comfortable repeating what they're saying, but we might be able to help a little more if we know the sorts of things all these different people say. I'm not saying that this isn't happening to you, but merely stating that every single person you come across speaks ill of you could be interpreted as paranoid delusions.

7. Candace

I'm sorry that you've had to deal with that (*hug*). But are they really that shallow that they have to talk badly about you all the time? Seriously? Be the better person in this situation and don't let them get to you. That's how they win.

8. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Toughen your self up and move, you can't let people walk all over you.

Can I ask, has it turned you paranoid??

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Yeah this all sounds.... a little paranoid?

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I think I'm getting a better picture of what's happening, especially since you mentioned you have Asperger's. Please note that what I'm about to say will sound harsh, but I only want to be helpful and give a different perspective on your situation. Remember, all of us on EC can't force you to do anything. We can only communicate through our words, and you still have the final say on what you want to do.

One thing I noticed in both of your "apology" threads (2014 and 2013) is that they didn't actually seem like apologies as much as blaming external things, including other members on EC. Sure, you said you are different and a changed person, but there was little discussion of accepting personal responsibility for your actions. Instead, most of the things were focused solely on how others affected you. I do think you were honest when saying you hurt others with words as a preemptive measure, but hurting others to avoid getting hurt will always backfire.

What I would say is you should try to stop always thinking other people have the worst intentions and feeling like they're always talking about you. In fact, most people are self-centered and more concerned about their own lives. Don't think in terms of black and white when you interact with others. People are not all good or all bad.

#10 resu, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  11. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm not a psychiatrist yet, and even if I was I couldn't diagnose you through the screen. But from some of the things you said, the diagnosis of psychosis sounds correct. I highly doubt the people in the waiting room were all gossiping about you. I highly doubt everyone you know is gossiping about you. From some of your other posts, if I'm remembering you correctly you thought the people here had been judging you. Most of the people here are not judgmental.

I used to have very severe psychosis. I hated going out in public because when I did, everywhere I looked everyone was staring at me like they were disgusted. People often told me that when they looked nobody was doing that, but it was hard for me to believe. Now I've been treated, and it doesn't happen anymore.

12. MrK21

As an ex-gay I had quite a few bullies and I have to say it really gets to you. I was never really physically bullied but being harassed in the locker room is what got to me. I was already socially impaired and that just made things worse. They even kept going even after I turned straight. I mean seriously calling an ex-gay a faggot is like calling Michael Jackson the N word. But that was five years ago and nobody makes fun of me today. And there are some days I look back and wonder what I would have been like if I lived a normal happy life. But the truth is there is really no such thing. I sometimes think "If I had a time machine, would I change my past". But then the answer is no, because then there would be a tangent in the timeline and then I would no longer exist. Also, if it weren't for my life experiences I would not be the amazing and unique individual I am today.

13. SeaSalt

In the words of Tyrion Lannister -
    "Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

14. shinji

shinji Guest

Yes there is! I know many people won't agree with me but you need to stop trying to please everyone. Your neighbors, tell them to shove it up their ***. Imagine how boring their lives are if they can't do anything better than to talk about you.

People at school? Who cares what they think... It's not as if you want to go out with any of them, right?

Doctors and stuff... Just remind them about the whole doctor patient confidentiality thing and blurt out something like "please don't force me to take legal action". Would shut them up really quickly.

When people disrespect you, why should you respect them back? And yes, by trying to appease them you are trying to respect them. F*ck that, get angry, who the F do these people think they are to get in your personal life.

Not only should you not care what these people think/say but you should show them how little their "opinion" means to you, as it really shouldn't mean anything.

Also, that girl who was spying on you, says more about her than you. What, you think grandma and grandpa next door don't do it behind the curtain?

On a side note, have you considered that maybe, random people talk about you because they find you pretty?

The guy who died in the toilet?! Never liked that guy... so full of himself and a failure as a father! And how did he not notice Aria, back then... WTF?!

15. SeaSalt

*Spoilers*

That was Tywin, Tyrions father. Tyrion was the little guy that shot him

16. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To me, a lot of these things sound like paranoid delusions, but I'm no psychologist. And I'm sure some of these things really happened. But it's difficult for me to believe that everywhere you go random people in waiting lounges and other places have been gossiping about you.

I had similar experiences of thinking like this, but to a much lesser extent, when I was an undergraduate... but there is a vast gulf in severity between what you've described and my experience. I think you need professional help.

17. don29002

Inspiring response! They could be jealous of me, although I'm a very average looking guy. I'm not necessarily sexy like a model, but I'm definitely not ugly. I'm in the middle--"average"....
    About the girl peeping, I agree! There are many elderly people who have sex nowadays.
    It would be SO wonderful if I could do something to get them to stop slandering me and disrespecting me.
    I do have an alter-ego of sorts, Donna, who will seriously be blunt, loud, and cray cray--in a good way! Maybe I should act like Donna to the girl and her family and make them cry.
    This girl and her family have talked about me for a year and a half. I'm sick and tired of it; the gossip ends today.

---------- Post added 3rd Sep 2014 at 03:19 AM ----------

To all of you who say I'm just being paranoid and delusional, I only have this to say: You're all wrong. You all aren't here watching this shit go down.

18. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ignore and joke with them :slight_smile: and work out in the gym ,if you are stronger than the bullies they will be scared of u .

19. SeaSalt

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 3rd Sep 2014 at 01:38 PM ----------

Wow, Didnt realise it was that big :S

20. don29002

That's smart :slight_smile: But I'm 5'3 and extremely short for an 18 year old haha

---------- Post added 3rd Sep 2014 at 09:21 AM ----------

Awesome quote! I haven't heard that in years. :icon_bigg