1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The world sucks!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeaSalt, Sep 3, 2014.

1. SeaSalt

Have you ever thought that this world sucks.

I hate this place so much.

Not only is the world full of Religious extremists, Bigoted jerks, Corruption, Mindless violence, Pure hatred and plain and simple Idiocy but I also dont have superpowers!

Seriously I get so pissed of when I think of how crap this world is at the moment. No spaceships, Dragons, Kights, Castles, Magic (That we know of), Superpowers, Time Travel, Sexy vampires, Non sexy vampires, warewolves, Scary shit hunters, Hogwarts, a great big reset button and to make it all worse I dont get to turn myself into an anime character and go live in Yaoi!

If there are any gods they seriously lack imagination. Would it be so hard to occasionally spawn in a dragon or two just for tits and giggles? Would me having Blinks powers combined with Gambit be so much of a problem? Why cant I have a spaceship and a knack for getting into trouble which allways ends in sex!?!?!?

Fuck you Gods! :tantrum:

Rant over

2. Candace

I mean, I'm grateful for the things that we do have. Imagine if you were born 400 years ago, before the age of modern medicine and technology. The average life expectancy was around 35 and there were far less conveniences at that time than what we have now.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some just have more luck than others in life.. We should face that we are, sadly enough, not equal.

But to say the world sucks..? Nah, I wouldn't say so. It needs some fixes though. :icon_wink

4. Hexagon

About time someone noticed. I take issue with other things, though. Namely rampant poverty and disease, not to mention pointless war, and environmental destruction, all of which could be prevented, if not for human greed and arrogance. The world could be a better place without spaceships and vampires, if only we looked past ourselves and fought for it.

5. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

The world is neither perfect nor fair, but it's all we have. It has good things you only have change your attitude and look for something that you like.

As for the superpowers and all that stuff, I will make no comments...

6. SeaSalt

Not just any vampires, Sexy vampires! (Not the sparkly vampires)

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider the absence of spaceships to be one of the lesser problems on Earth. Those comments make me think that you were perhaps being very light-hearted in creating this thread.

Nevertheless, I'll respond at least a little seriously. The world improves slowly. You can't expect it to march on while you watch; you have to engage in what you believe in if you want to be able to stand tall and remember that you did your part.

8. SeaSalt

That was the idea yes :grin: though I can appreciate that some of the people on this website have been through much more than I and can be forgiven for taking this thread seriously.

Maybe Im the problem, perhaps im not being serious enough?

(*hug*)

9. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually the Universe is more wonderfully strange than we realize...it is proven for example that we can travel into the future, although going back in time would seem an impossibility (probably for good reason, too). Furthermore, some folks are able to access other dimensions, especially via meditation, so it's not like we are limited to mundane 3D reality all the time, we can travel a bit, if we put in the work to learn it (I didn't get that far myself, though). But as for the nasty things happening in the world, yes totally agree! Why can't everyone just live in mutual respect, for goodness' sake? Why are so many folks unkind, or even cruel? It sometimes hurts me to think of all the cruelty that goes on. I just try to become more compassionate myself, that's the only way I feel I can counteract it. Anyway I just wanted to say, magic isn't absent from this world, I don't know about Hogwarts but if magic refers to the power of intention to change things in our life, then magic does happen - so don't worry, life is not as dull and mundane as the media paints it as, there is much more to life than we are told!

Damien :slight_smile:

#9 Damien, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  10. Hexagon

The thought needs to be taken seriously. The world does need to be changed.

11. SeaSalt

Just randomly I have changed my stance on sparkly vampires

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I bet the residents of some crazy alternate dimension with some of these things probably think of a life like our world's and go "wow damn wouldnt it be neat if we were like THAT??!!?!?!"

13. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

Don't worry. The thread wasn't serious at all, but you can post whatever you want.

I decided to answer in a serious way.

(*hug*)

14. TheStormInside

[​IMG]

Frankly I'm a little glad this stuff doesn't exist yet, it leaves it to those of us who come up with stories and pictures to imagine all the possibilities, rather than being limited by the narrow facts of reality :lol:.

15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

the grass is always greener etc

16. Aquilo

It does and it doesn't..

Let's try to improve it

17. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I challenge this statement, especially the bolded part.

What I do hate is the boring and unfullfilling everyday life / treadmill we are forced into by "modern society".

#17 Black Raven, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  18. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yuuup, I agree

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If we take out infant mortality by considering it as a statistical outlier, then the age is significantly higher.

As far as I'm aware, those who lived to their twenties lived only ten or so years less than we do now, at the mid-sixties. Childhood was the dangerous part, but children (not infants) who don't count as statistical outliers bring that down again, though I haven't got actual, accurate age estimates (and really who can given their records?)

20. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people