1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on Zyzz?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BearLover, Sep 4, 2014.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FZ_paQZ1Lo

He's inspirational. The way he comes across, not so serious and willing to piss about for a laugh, he doesn't take life for granted. He got a very good point across, in life if your skinny you don't get noticed, but when you're shredded you get noticed. In the video he talks about how at parties he wouldn't get noticed and people treated him like shit, then once he started going to the gym people were constantly admiring his physique, he was looked up upon.

It says something about our society, despite how people think that personality is everything, I hear it all the time "It's about personality mate." but in reality it isn't, I would say actually being a nice guy doesn't get you ANYWHERE with girls, they put you in the friend zone and don't see you as boyfriend material, it's like Justin Bieber trying to impress an older women, or Hannah Montanna trying to impress someone my age, it doesn't work. I've tried having a good personality, it doesn't work and nobody cares, they see you as a little boy that's nice.

"In life if you want to get noticed, you've got to be a shredded cunt." - Zyzz.

He's right, how many people get noticed for their personality? How many people stick around long enough to get to know you well? Very few. A nice personality doesn't stand out a distance, a nice body does, the second you walk into the room you create an aura, people are admiring your physique, you don't even have to say anything and you get noticed. When I went to parties, I wasn't paid attention to, they would talk over me and I knew what it was, you've got give out a good image to the world before anyone even notices you, when I was skinny nobody gave a damn, I'm getting there but once I'm 200Ibs with the same physique as zyzz I will get noticed by everyone, nobody will talk over me, you demand instant respect with that physique.

He taught people to live more than just a mediocre life, I've been thinking this for years. We're all content to go about our lives "Same old, same old." because we follow the crowd, but he emphasizes that life is so precious, that you don't waste it living just a mediocre life, you don't take it for granted, yes if you have a mediocre life it's still better than a lot of starving africans but this is your ONE life, isn't it about living it up to the max? I'm not talking about taking drugs and killing yourself, I'm talking about building up a body, going out and showing yourself off, even if people get annoyed, who cares? Their jealousy is their problem.

And another thing, he wasn't just like any old bodybuilder that knew how to build up an impressive physique, he had this really admirable cool personality, he was the cool guy, take dorian yates for example, he has a nice body but he doesn't come across in that way zyzz did, zyzz listened to the best music (trance), wore the best clothes, showed off all the time and had a laugh 24/7, his physique was aesthetic rather than just looking like a bit meaty bodybuilder. There's so much about him that was inspirational.

He was originally bullied at school, then coming out of school when he was older, he turned his life around. VERY inspirational seeing that many people here can do just the same, many people here probably have been bullied, I wouldn't be surprised, so wouldn't it be a good idea to follow zyzz's footsteps? Ever since I've started bodybuilding my personality has changed, I'm not ultra serious anymore, I can have a laugh, I show off when I feel like it (not a bad thing).

He didn't go around putting people down also, I've seen people in the bodybuilding community and they come across in that kind of way that you feel intimidated, they're bigger than you so they use it to make you feel weak, not to inspire you but to put you on a downer, as soon as I joined bodybuilding forums, they would say ahh yeah look at that "skinny cunt" but zyzz wasn't like that, he inspired people to follow his path, despite being hated by guys in the bodybuilding community, despite the fact that they're bigger than him, he was much more inspirational and definitely more respected.

Agree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul7HJWuKYZ4

2. 741852963

I didn't know he had died to be honest!

Is he an "inspiration"? Hmmm. On one hand its a good example of a person acheiving their goals.

But on the other you have the alleged steroid abuse. Now obviously steroids do not instantly give you a perfect body, but to me they are a bit of a cheat and lessens the acheivement of the goals (the goalposts being made wider). Its like people who abuse Ritalin before exams, its an unfair advantage.

Also you have the fact that his whole fame is based around perpetuating traditional ideals of male body image - the idea that "skinny = bad/pathetic/loser" and "ripped = godly". I think striving to be healthy is a good thing, but striving to meet limiting aesthetic standards is not. Its all about how its framed. Lets say you had these two headlines:

1. "I used to be overweight and unfit, but now I'm lighter and healthier"
    2. "I used to be fat and ugly, but now I'm skinny and beautiful"

The first is a positive story on weight loss that doesn't act to perpetuate beauty norms or set unrealistic standards. The latter is a lot more negative in nature - I think Zyzz's style was more akin to the latter. I get the argument about him "proving the bullies wrong" - but in some ways hes proved the bullies right - hes given into their standards. I'd see him as a far bigger man for staying skinny and living confidently against the odds and rejection.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against bodybuilding or those who are after aesthetic gains - its as valid a personal goal as any other. I'm just against spreading these goals or stories as "success stories" and making them somehow appear "desirable", "healthy" or "necessary" for everyone. It would be like saying "I ran a marathon - get off your fat arse you couch potato" when marathon running is not everyone's cup of tea and is not necessarily the healthiest thing for everyone to be doing.

---------- Post added 4th Sep 2014 at 10:26 AM ----------

Au contraire! As aesthetically "perfect" (by traditional standards) as Zyzz's body was I can honestly say it does nothing for me. Your typical mens health models, bodybuilders or weight-lifters get zero reaction from me sexually.

Its funny, Mens Health did this feature a while back:

[​IMG]

Heres another they did.

All the time its showing a picture of a miserable "unfit" man (they are never unhealthy looking to start with!) then showing them ripped and now magically tanned, waxed and under great lighting flashing a massive white smile. Now to me personally I far prefer the "before pics" so Zyzz's and many other's idea that you "have to be ripped to get attention" simply is not always the case in reality. Different folks, different strokes!

3. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

My opinion of him?

Just another body builder.

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    douche?
    he definitely seems like one. if an average guy was to walk up to him, he seems like the type to brush him or anyone else off if you weren't on his level, or to his liking.