1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell us about your vacations!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kimi, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Kimi

I really like to going on trip and I thought it'll be fun to hear where you guys been and how was it. It doesn't has to be on vacation it could be business trip or whatever. It could be 15 min from your house by car or it could be 20 hours by airplane so just tell us about it:thumbsup:

Ok. My favorite vacation was in Las Vegas. We(Me and my family) went there last summer so it was definitely hot weahter whole week(we stayed there 7 days and we were all well tanned when we got back to home). There were quite few troubles like our room was wrong floor(We reserved room on 25th but they gave us key to the room on 15th and it was one bedroom and there were people already. That was the only no fun part of the trip but frustrated). I had few free hours to do whatever I want I had good time. My mum won about $500 though I think my dad lost way more than that and they had a fight but they are still together surprisingly. Well since I was 15 so I could not do any gambles but I did some shopping and got some gift to my friends and saw few shows and everything was fun!!!!!!!!
    I really wanna going back there sometimes..............with my bf:grin:
    I don't know when it's gonna happen though:bang:

So what's yours?

2. Daniel6

I just finished my exams last Friday. Now im on vacation and hope to play soccer everyday. It's raining so much here

3. xequar

I haven't gotten to do this yet, but this summer, I am hoping to take at least a week off of work, throw my mountain bike and some blankets in my car, and just sort of wander. I've always wanted to see some of Americana, so I'll mostly stay off the freeways, and if I find somewhere I can do some riding, I'll ride. Beyond that, my theory is that it will be a totally unplanned trip, and since I can fold the seats up and sleep in my car, it'll be a cheap and carefree trip, too. My main goal is to just...get out of the rat race for awhile... Hopefully it all comes together.

4. botanyboy03

well, I was in Austin Texas. going back from NC
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been to Mexico 5 times in the past 2 years on Vacations( 3 or 4 trips to Tamaulipas, one trip to Sonora, and one to Guanajuato) , to go look at plants in the wild with a friend from Texas. I really enjoyed going down there and experiencing a new culture. I've also spent a week in Colorado, at a friends house, outside of Boulder and that was fun too. I've been to 23 or 24 states. I am planning a trip to Uruguay hopefully in December 07 or January 08, and that one I am really excited about. I really love to travel.

Zac

5. shain250

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    went to new york about 2 months ago for a week going to vegas pride on friday

6. SpikySpice

This summer, me, my family and some of my friends will go to Nude Beach in Miami, dang, I'm only 16, sio that means some of us can't come in, I'm so jealous with my sis and her friends.
    Then I guess we'll go to Key West, cuz I've hear there be a Gay Ceremony their in July, but Idont kniow if my dad wanna let em go there, I really wanna see the Ceremony, because I've never seen any big Gay event before

7. blake21

i was in san francisco 5 months ago for two weeks seeing friends 2 months ago in new york for a week thursday i will be in detroit i am going to a red wings game then friday i am going to vegas for pride

8. Jim1454

I love ROAD TRIPS!!! Ya!

From Toronto, I've driven out to the east coast of Canada - Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. The scenery in Nova Scotia (Cape Bretton) was wonderful. Loved the pace of life on PEI and loved the old world feel of Quebec City.

Have also been to New York and that was really fun. We were there before 9/11, and went to the top of the WTC to take in the view. Sad that its gone...

Took the kids to Florida by car last year and we had a really good time doing that too! Did a couple of days in Disney - which is always a blast!

Down hill skiing vacations are always great too, but haven't had one of those since before kids either... Best ever was 5 days in Whistler. Great spot.

9. cicero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been on a lot of business trips lately, which aren't nearly as fun as I thought they would be. Essentially, they involve working until the wee hours of the night at some client's office far, far away from your own bed.

However, I am planning a holiday to Egypt in September (I live in Canada) - I'm so excited!! I just bought my ticket a couple of weeks ago...

10. Jim1454

No, business trips aren't much like vacations... and aren't usually to places you want to visit. A couple of years ago I spend two days a week, every week, for 9 months, at our head office in Montreal, which was a bit of a drag.

Enjoy your trip to Egypt! How exciting!

11. Blamblazer

Blamblazer Guest

My favorite trip, thus far, was September 2006 when I got to spend 14 days in Ireland. My mother and I, who don't usually get along well, went (it was her graduation present to me). We started in Dublin and then worked our way clockwise around the island and visited 5 other cities. The people were great, the pints were stout, and the nature was amazing. I would go back to Ireland in a heartbeat -- I felt like I was home (although I'm of mixed-ancestry, I'm for sure 1/8th Irish and my Da's family identifies as being Irish-Americans). The best was getting to stay at Dromoland Castle -- first, I'd never stayed at an expensive 5-star hotel and second, I had never been in a castle (I'm from America!) let alone had a formal dining experience in one. The food was fantastic and the grounds were gorgeous. The cliffs of Moher blew me away and the Muckross House and Powerscourt nature areas were beyond beautiful.

My next jaunt abroad is actually coming up soon. I'll be in Italy for the second/third week of June. My friend's parents got him a timeshare in Centola (south of Rome) and he wanted to take my roommate and me. So, he's providing the lodging and we each got our own plane ticket and we are going to see Rome, Sicily (Polermo), Centola / Salerno, Naples, Pompeii, and the Vatican. Being a Roman Catholic, I am way geeked about seeing the Vatican. Having studied Latin for 4 years in high school (and having liked it -- ita vero, Latinam intellego et amo) I'm very excited to see the ruins of Pompeii.

I have travelled in the U.S., and I LOVE to travel, but it just doesn't seem so interesting compared with visiting other countries.

12. ampthejazz

Last February, my family took a trip to Costa Rica. That country is incredibly beautiful. Everything about that place makes me want to return.

A couple summers ago, we took a trip to Israel. We have a bunch of family that live there, so we stayed with them for part of the trip. It's also very beautiful. We did a lot of pretty sweet stuff, like white water rafting on the Jordan River. And walking through the Old City is really fun.