1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your Definition of LOVE?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MiseryJoe, Sep 4, 2014.

1. MiseryJoe

In my point of view, love is born when you can fully understand and accept someone's bright and dark sides, platonic or passionate.... If you keep seeing and complaining about someone's dark side and are not brave enough to embrace it or stand by his/her side and trying to change it, it couldn't be called love, imo... Seeing and accepting someone's imperfections in a perfect vision, I might say.... What's yours???

#1 MiseryJoe, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I mostly agree. I think you love someone when you really know them and accept them for who they are instead of viewing them more so as a fantasy and what you'd like them to be like.

3. DangerAlex

Love is not only wanting the person, but needing them. It's being unable to see yourself growing old with anyone except this person. It's not only knowing the person—inside and out, good and bad—but trying to understand them, empathize with them, accepting them. It's knowing that even the worst parts of their past and their biggest mistakes have served to make them the person you fell in love with, so you love and appreciate their imperfections too. It's embracing even the most annoying of their habits and mannerisms because they make you feel more loved and happier than you ever thought you could be. It's when you spend hours thinking about them and smiling. It's when you've been together a year, yet you're still so excited for them to pull into the driveway. It's when you wrack your brain trying to think of cute, sweet, little things to do for them that'll put a smile on their face and remind them that you couldn't live without them. It's when even after the worst argument, you know it'll end with hugs and telling each other you love them, and understanding each other just a little more than you did before. It's when they are the first person you want to share news with, whether it's good or bad. It's when they're the best part of your day. It's when even the smallest, simplest thing reminds you of them or of a memory together. It's when they've fallen asleep in your arms and even though your hand is going numb, you let them continue sleeping in your arms. It's preferring that anything bad that happens to them would've happened to you instead because you hate the thought of their pain. It's giving them the remote and letting them pick out a movie to watch together. It's coming their favorite meal or taking them to their favorite restaurant for no reason. It's remembering things they mentioned liking the last time you went to the mall together, then going back later and buying it for them so you can put it in their car to find the next morning. It's looking into each others eyes while having sex and feeling like you've never been so close, so completely comfortable with someone, feeling like you belong to them in every way. It's when you both climax, but you don't move—you stay right there holding each other, basking in the moment. It's when sex isn't just an outlet for your desires; it's the physical expression of your love. It's when you totally lose yourself; you glance at the clock and realize that somehow you've been having sex for almost two hours, but that doesn't seem possible. It's when hugs last just a little longer than they do with anyone else, and kisses are just a little more heated. It's when their touch feels like electricity in your skin. It's when the mere thought of losing them takes your breath away and feels like taking a dagger to the soul. It's holding hands in the car. It's getting carried away in movie theater parking lots. It's sacrifice, compromise, generosity, selflessness. It's when you feel like they are the best part of you.

But of course everyone is going to have their own definition.

#3 DangerAlex, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  4. Ryujin

Link here

Tehe :icon_wink

#4 Ryujin, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  5. DangerAlex

That's pretty comprehensive. Of course it should be assumed my definition is in addition to the dictionary one.

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When a tennis player has no points

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao:

Sports...it's an all-consuming passion!

8. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Love is never having to say you're sorry. Oh wait, that's narcissism.

To me love is about being able to share everything with somebody, both the bad and the good.

9. Lennyjess

Love is being able to go on crazy, spontaneous adventures with someone, have them laugh at your bad jokes, and be there when you need them to be.

10. Silver Springs

Love... To me it is being willing to sacrifice your own self for someone or something else.

11. black-cat

Love is sharing the last Rolo.

Hahha, ok. In all seriousness, I think it is being in love every single thing about someone- from the way they drink to the way they hold their pen, everything about them you think is perfect.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

When you're supportive, when they are down.
    When you're encouraging, when they are hurt.
    When you're appreciative, even if they've done nothing more, than sit beside you.
    When you acknowledge their flaws, but see the potential in them to grow from this.
    When you nurture their skills, because you believe they are more than they think.
    When troubles hit them, they know you'll be there. You will be their first thought.
    When lying is practically impossible, because you respect the idea of integrity.
    When the idea of hurting them, is inconceivable, because you'd be hurting yourself.
    When the possibility of losing them, paralyzes you, because you'd never be able to handle such pain.

But most importantly...

When that special person is with you, you feel like you can conquer the whole world, and that any opposing force, that would want to step up, may prevail, but they are going to have one hell of a time, putting you down. You feel invincible, complete, and at peace, like you can do anything and handle everything. Individually, you thrive off being better, for one another, and as a result, become the best together.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think love for me is someone that I can trust ,and that will love me even for my faults . I will also love them ,besides they love them for their faults . Someone I can grow with, and that we be able to work as a good team .

14. Candace

When you want to devote all your energy to something/someone and vice-versa :slight_smile:.