1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend doesn't believe in gay marriage, but ok's adoption and that it isn't a choice.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MassiveExtract, Sep 6, 2014.

?

Interesting...

1. He's not your real friend, keep him distant.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. He'll change his ways, eventually.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. That's his beliefs, you can't force him to change.

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a friend, he's religious and he's odd, because although he believes that gays should adopt and that gays are born that way, he doesn't believe in gay marriage for religious reasons.

I find it odd, because he's tolerant of gays, and in fact he's going to a gay club with me next weekend, I mean he's one of my best friends, but I'm a bit bothered at the fact that he's against it. Granted, he admitted it to me yesterday so I didn't know how to respond to him.

I did tell him that it is inevitable that gay marriage will be legalized in Puerto Rico within the next 5 years, he said "Well if it happens, I don't care."

:eusa_naug

#1 MassiveExtract, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. SeaSalt

Re: Friend doesn't believe in gay marriage, but ok's adoption and that it isn't a cho

Its a start.

3. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Friend doesn't believe in gay marriage, but ok's adoption and that it isn't a cho

I have a friend who told me he doesn't think I should have children because he believes homosexuality is an evolutionary trait and that they're not meant to have children. Otherwise he's totally supportive so I can't really bug him about that. I'd say just respect his beliefs. If he thought being gay was a choice, then maybe it'd be hard to respect him, but these beliefs don't seem hard to respect to me.

4. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

I'd directly engage that topic. What in his religions teachings says that marriage isn't all right? Specifically what? Because a priest or whatever said so? General opinion of the church?

5. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

haha

6. timo

That doesn't seem too bad.

7. MrK21

You can't make people change their mind. We live in America and everybody has the first amendment right. Besides, why does one more idiot make a difference anyway?

8. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I wanted to vote "That's his beliefs, but he might change them..", but that's not listed.

Hey, at least he thinks it's okay for gay people to adopt children! :icon_bigg

9. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Honestly, he isn't that bad. He is generally accepting, and I think you two can agree to disagree on the gay marriage issue.

10. Candace

I mean, it could be worse. And what he believes shouldn't infringe on what you want to do and how you view gay marriage. If you want to get married, that's your choice, not his.

11. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Where do people even get the idea that the Bible says gay couples can't marry? It's not in there anywhere.

"It's right there in the bible that two men or two women shouldn't marry. You can't see the passage though, that would be making it to easy"