1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was wrong, they do have an org.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sam, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Sam

Sam

So a few weeks ago I told everybody on here that my university didn't have a organization for lgbt people anymore but guess what I saw today? A flyer for the org that I thought got closed down! I am so excited because I'm going to the meeting tomorrow!

I'm so nervous though because I've never been to a meeting like this, I mean this site is the only place I have had the opportunity to talk with others like me. I don't know what to expect and I'm also wondering if I'll see anybody I know from my classes. I'll tell everybody how it went tomorrow!(*hug*)

2. biisme

Yay!!! That's great!!

I hope you have a great time!!

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's awesome! I can't wait to hear how it went.

4. Corny

Corny Guest

from my experience those "first" meetings are very awkward, but usually they are really welcoming people so the awkwardness it will go away pretty soon :slight_smile:

5. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I've never been to anything like that. I think, next fall when I transfer from my community college to NAU (Northern AZ University) I'll definitely look into that. I'm interested to hear how your first meeting went.

6. Wired106

OO that's awesome!! I wish I could go to meetings like that. that would be soo cool. i only know 2 bi people and thats it so its sorta lame.. =[. hope you like it and have fun!! :slight_smile:

7. Sam

Sam

It was amazing! I felt so comfortable once I got there, the people there were so welcoming it kind of felt like a home. I'm definitely going back every week.

If you ever get a chance to go to something like that at your school then you should go.

8. Jeimuzu

Well, they vary. I'm glad yours is good. The one at my university sucks. They just try to organise things, and never really succeed in a noticable way. It feels like a commitee of some sorts, rather than just a meetup of people who share something in common.

9. Derek the Wolf

Very cool. Glad to hear it went well.