1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College - Still A Lack Of Gays

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JStevens96, Sep 7, 2014.

1. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

I met some very accepting people in college. But damn, there is a lack of gays. I live in a conservative part of NY though. But while it is very accepting at college, there isn't too many gays.

I feel I am running out of options on where to find some fellow gays, & perhaps, a companion.

Sorry needed a venting session

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to hear.... Metro Detroit is much worse though. lol. I thought you were in the NYC area and not upstate NY?

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    welcome to the real world.... haha, it'll come around eventually so don't worry too much about it. at least there's some accepting people around you, so you wouldn't have to think twice about hiding it as much or be in a bit of danger. it takes a while to meet any companions for a while, so take this as a chance to learn more about the outside world or such, you'll definitely meet someone along the way.

4. Polemarch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in SF and you would think there would be abundance of gay people, AND there are, BUT I feel there are more gay guys then gay gals...sigh...when I was in college girls were just experimenting, it was fun and all but when looking for an actual relationship...good luck

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I heard the area didn't really have too many lesbians around until the early 80's when many were helping out with the AIDS crisis.

6. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

I'm actually in Staten Island. People are afraid to come out.

7. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha i can vouch for that, even the older gay men i've talked to were pretty surprised that there would gay men in staten island. i've only met one before, so i wouldn't put my hopes down too much. it's only the beginning man, don't be too quick to lose hope :thumbsup:

8. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

I'll try :'(

9. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is hard to find gay people, even when they are around, because most of us look and act pretty much like everyone else, even when we are not actively trying to be assimilated. It's because, for the most part, we are just like everyone else, so we don't stand out in a crowd. You have to TRY to stand out, by wearing some kind of visual orientation indicator, such as rainbow jewelry or identifying clothing and let the other more modest gays find you, if you have the cajones to do that. :icon_wink

10. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I live in North Texas. You think there wouldn't be an abundance of people who are gay (I don't like pluralizing gay as it implies that we're all one collective group of people when we're all people with different traits, but you would be wrong!

11. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Damn. I'm jealous!