1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving on from Jordi and Stella.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vampyrecat, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Vampyrecat

Both of these two were very important to me.
    Stella was my dog from when I was only 2 years old to when I was 14 - she had to be euthanased because she was very old and sick.
    Jordi was my cat; I had her from when I was 3 until just last week when she had to be put down cos she had cancer - there was nothing we could do for her and she was in a lot of pain.

And ever since these two died, one after the other, the house has felt weirder and weirder. Not homelike. So now I'm going to take photo's of my new family members, Rupert the ginger moggy and Lolly (short for Lolita) the staghound.

I know it's soon - too soon some would say - but the house simply didn't feel right without our pets greeting us when we got home.

So we adopted from our local shelters! And they're coming home tomorrow!!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

2. Janvier

I feel so sorry for your losses. I can't even bare the thought of losing my dog..
    I hope your new pets are just as great :slight_smile:

3. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

awwww im so sorry.... but awww again, can we see the pictures!

4. Vampyrecat

Can haz plently pictures once rupert and lolly are home :grin:

5. pirateninja

I don't think I could do without my cat, Lisa. We've only had her for just over 3 years now, and I don't know what I'd do without her. Even Hansworth, who moved in at Easter is part of the family, so I have no idea what you must be feeling after more than 10 years with them.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ah...I'm sorry about your animals Tess. I know how you feel. I had to have both my dogs put down on the same day. Bingo was with us 17 years and had gotten so old he could not make it up and down a short step anymore. My poor old dog was just ready to go. His playmate and best friend, Jasmine, was 12 years old. Ironically she developed yet another tumor on her butt that ruptured at the same time we were considering letting Bingo go. These cost $500 to remove. She had arthritis too and sometimes could barely get up. So we opted to have them both put down on the same day. She would have never been happy without Bingo anyway. She guarded the gate so he wouldn't get out and always watched over him. Now we just have a couple outdoor cats.

Good luck with your new animals and I hope they become a part of your family quickly!

7. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I hope you can feel better with your new pets. :slight_smile: I bet they'll be so happy to be with you!

8. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Losing my dog was the worst thing that has happened to me. I had Lucky from when I was 7 till I was 19. She was a beautiful dalmatian and she was my best friend. This summer (in some ways) was the worst summer because of her loss. Even now, over 3 months later my house still doesn't feel like a home.

Houses definitely are not made to be pet-less. I'm glad that you are getting some new pets to make your house feel like a home.

(My best friend just got a new puppy today from the animal shelter).

9. Jeimuzu

Losing a pet hurts bad. I was with a few friends when I got told over the phone. I swore and threw my water bottle at the nearest wall, before sitting down with my head in my hands.

My poor Cassie. Miss her so bad. She was the best dog ever. I've still got memories of her bounding about. Hell, I've still got memories of the day we got her. I remember the date; Friday, October 15th, 1999. She died less than 9 years later, she didn't even make it to nine years old. That's part of what sucks; she had so many health problems that her life was just that much shorter. A healthier dog would think nothing of living well into their teens.

I'm not sure we'll get a dog again; we've got a lot less family living here, and people can't be guaranteed to be in to look after it (and we don't really like the idea of just having the sort of dog you chain up in the garden). It's a real shame, but I guess no dog could upstage Cass.