1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strip Clubs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Sep 8, 2014.

?

What do you think about strip clubs?

1. I like them.

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. I DO NOT like them.

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. I'm indifferent to them.

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  4. Where da honies at?!

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Other.

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I received a call from a cousin of mine. The same cousin who I am totally out to, about my gender identity and sexuality; to be precise. She wanted to let me know, that a strip club, a half hour drive away, near the Kentucky-Tennessee border, is looking for a new bouncer. Basically, the old bouncer left, and my cousin thinks I'd be capable of taking their place.

I'm on the fence about this possible job, but I haven't dismissed it.

That said, it has got me thinking about strip clubs. I figured, what the hell, I'll pose this to the folks of EC:

What is your opinion on strip clubs? Do you like or dislike them?

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know your body type (obviously the bigger and/or more intimidating the better), but personality-wise I'd bet you'd be a good bouncer. :lol:

I don't care much for them, but I won't go so far as to say I don't like them. I wouldn't judge them, in general, beyond merely saying "it's not my thing."

If they treat their employees fairly I have no problem with 'em.

3. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I'm kind of indifferent to strip clubs. I'd probably go to one just for the experience but other than that, I don't have much against them.
    As long as there's nothing shady going on, then it's allgoods. :3

4. awesomeness

I love strip clubs. I've only been to one (with female strippers) and it was really fun.

5. jahow95

6. wolf of fire

As long as there is nothing seedy I think the word is it is good business and provided you can handle the stress of standing between hormone filled customers and the strippers then go for it.

7. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only been to a strip club once when I turned 21, my brothers got me reeeeally drunk and took me. I had a fun time and all but I am honestly indifferent to them, they don't really excite me and its not the kind of place I'd go to of my own volition. I don't really have a problem with them though as long as the establishment isn't too trashy and run down I guess. I dunno if I'd ever want to be a bouncer personally but I wish you the best if you take up the position! ^^

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've never been to a strip club but my friend is a stripper.:confused:

9. DangerAlex

I frequented strip clubs quite a bit back in like 07 and 08. Not because I was super into them, but because my crowd at the time thought it was fun to hang out there. We didn't sit at the stage but maybe once in a while, mostly we'd get a both or big table somewhere and just drink and laugh and have a good time.

Personally, I'm indifferent to them. Save for the occasional strikingly attractive female, those kinds of interactions don't really do much for me. Even as a red-blooded male, I tend to prefer an element of mystery rather than naked genitalia in my face, but to each their own. From what I understand, stripping can be quite lucrative to those with good bodies who, for whatever reason, cannot work a more traditional job. My feeling is that as long as the appropriate protocol is followed with regard to how the girls (and guys, depending on the club) are treated, then more power to them.

10. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've got no real problem with them. But if there's skullduggery going on then I'll raise hell.

11. Xochipilli

I feel the same.

12. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure. On the one hand, I don't like telling others what to do and think that it can be a profitable thing for women. On the other hand, it can perpetuate the objectification of women, and there are too many men who aren't mature enough to understand that.

13. Hexagon

As with many things associated with the selling of sex and that, I have mixed feelings about strip clubs. I'm all for freedom, and it would be wrong of me to tell people what to do like that. It seems rather crass, but that's not really my business. I worry about exploitation and coercion, and even when people do it freely, I worry that they're being forced to turn to something that they hate because they have no other choice. But then again, that doesn't apply to everyone. It also encourages objectification, but what the hell can we do about that anyway?

Of course, my friend, being a bouncer is not really the kind of role I'd be concerned about.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

My size isn't really relevant, in this case. You are right, it is a nice bonus, but that isn't really why my cousin thinks I can do this. It has to do with... well, my past, and handling myself well. I used to run around with some shady people, so, I can handle this.

About my personality, I don't know if some intoxicated fool is going to enjoy my bad jokes or stupid puns, haha. But, thank you.

I can handle it. The customers aren't really a major consideration, in terms of my riding the fence. It has to do more so with... well, I'll get to that...

It isn't for everyone. No job is. But, thank you for your positive vibes.

This.

Hexagon pretty much summed up, my biggest consideration.

Still, from what I understand, it would only be 2-3 times a week. I'd make about $500, and have immediate access to the entire facility. I have a feeling, though, I'd want to try and 'save a stripper'.

15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Strip clubs. I wish there was one with only (attractive) crossdressing guys. I'd go there in a heartbeat. Mmmmmm

I'm such a pervert. Haha

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was my primary insinuation in my use of the word personality. :grin:

17. the haunted

I've never really been to a strip club. I was in the entry way of one once. We thought it was an 18+ thing so we had 20 year old with us, but apparently it was 21+. I was able to see some strippers for a couple minutes, but then we left because our friend couldn't get in.

Then in February when I was still with my boyfriend, we had a double birthday celebration. We had planned to go to a strip club (lady strippers), but then decided that it would be too expensive since we had already spent enough money.

Who the heck goes to get lap dances from girls WITH THEIR BOYFRIEND?? This girl hahaha. So much denial... lol.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Aw. I was hoping you were encouraging my bad jokes! LOL!

But seriously, I appreciate that.

More than you'd think.

In fact, many times, strippers will give discounts to a woman; at least around here. Whether or not it's due to them denying their sexuality, or them doing it to appease their male companions, well, that is up for debate. But, I've seen it happen quite often, so, it isn't out of the ordinary.

19. the haunted

I think he was going to go to appease me lol. It was my idea :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Bro didn't even want to get a lap dance... wtf.

20. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you'd be great.
    Just don't try and save everyone, that won't end well.