1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have YOU found your true soul mate?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LuvMyIB, Sep 8, 2014.

1. LuvMyIB

My answer is: YES

We have been together for a loving 17 years this year! Never thought in my younger years I would find love but when I met her I knew it from that very first moment she was the ONE!!!

Just wondering about others....

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Absolutely NOT :slight_smile:

I'm still young, and I have time to sort my stuff out before I dive into a long term relationship, but I'm ready for when he appears :slight_smile:

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have--it's been almost 17 years for us too. And I actually knew within a few hours too--funky thing!

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

there are people.... that seem to fall in and out of my life, i feel a connection to, strongly. like we can never get too distant before circumstances have us near again. but they're not soul mates, i just like entertaining the idea. i have no soul actually so i can not mate, oops gg god!!!!

there was a dog..... that may have been some kind of equivalent of my soul mate.... but he is gone now so i wont know.

my soulmate is probably some jackass cod or catfish, some shit in the sea that i will eat and that is our connection, maybe he will lodge a bone into my lung or ribs.

5. Emmanuella

You make me laugh. will you be my soulmate?

:lol:

In short, no. I don't think I've met my soulmate. If I have, then I/they/we don't know it yet....

I like the idea of a soul mate.

But in theory, a GOOD chunk of us (people in general, not just LGBT) will go through life without ever "finding" that perfectly compatible person. Or we might meet them, but circumstances get in the way...

So for now, I've chosen to be my own soulmate.

Gosh, what a long way to just say "no" :icon_redf

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't believe in a one true soulmate.

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably slightly too early to say soulmate, but I've been dating this pretty awesome guy for a couple weeks.

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    28 years and counting...dreamed about her before I met her, recognized her when I saw her...best friends from Day 2, and only went forward from there. *sigh*

If there's such a thing as a soul mate, it's her.

9. Emmanuella

Awww, wow! So romantic :love::love::love: I can only dream of one day experiencing something similar!

10. Blossom85

I thought I had.. But it wasn't.. For those who have.. How did you know? Cause I honesty felt and thought with all my heart and soul she was the one.. How do you weed out the false starts and know for sure when you have found that one special person?

11. IrishEyes1989

I have found my soulmate, yes :slight_smile: We've known each other for five years and been together, on and off, for the past three. Our love has seen us through a hell of a lot of ups and downs and we want to spend our lives together. If that isn't a soulmate, I don't know what is.

It's so lovely to read about all of the couples in this thread who have been together for a really long time. That's wonderful and I am happy for all of you. Gives us young'uns hope for the future :slight_smile:

12. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't get me wrong--I'm not one of those people who think there's only one person out there for each person. I think that's rubbish. And actually my partner and I have had the discussion about what if one of us dies and we both would want to find someone else and we're both confident we would--there would always be the hole where the other was, but then there would be someone new.

So while I don't think there's only one I do think there are people the universe brings to you and that finding someone who clicks completely is rare and special. For me it was totally different than other relationships I had. It didn't just grow over time--although of course it does continue to grow. But it was just sort of there from the get-go. As others have described there was a sort of instant shock of recognition--for both of us. I'd had other relationships. In fact I had been with someone for a couple years that seemed perfect on paper. So much so that for the longest time after we broke up all of our friends were insistent that we would get back together because we were so perfect together--we're still good friends. But when I met my partner it wasn't like it would make sense for us to be together it was just like we would be together--and we both knew it immediately. I get it when people say that that sort of thing isn't real because if I hadn't experienced it I don't think I would believe it myself. I just knew that this person would be one of the biggest parts of my life, almost literally before I had even spoken to him--and I met him in a bar!:lol: I remember there was a party he was going to the next day and he sort of apologized that he couldn't take me--this guy he just met.:lol: It was an annual thing--it had to do with Easter--and he had RSVP'd already and it wasn't the sort of thing that you could really take someone you just met to, etc. And I remember saying "that's alright I'll go next year." And he responded after a long pause: "you will won't you", another long pause, "what's going on here?"

And well, it's been almost 17 years and I literally wake up every morning more in love than the night before...

13. thekillingmoon

Not yet. I don't know if I ever will...

14. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope mainly because I don't believe in soul mates or any other similar phenomenon.

15. kem

kem

I did; his intelligence rivalled and surpassed mine, he shared a lot of the same views, he loved music like I do — though our tastes differed enough so we could discuss about it — he liked films and liked to do sports. He's also a cat person. We had a thing for a while, and now we don't.
    He wasn't perfect: his sense of humour was a bit sardonic and he had difficulties expressing himself in any form, a trait I share, which ultimately lead to our separation. But he helped me gain self-confidence, improve my taste and gain emotional maturity.

I'll meet someone else, I'm sure, and I won't make the same mistakes again.

#15 kem, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  16. Emmanuella

If there's something I want more than way thing, it's THIS!!

17. Candace

Not yet.....I'm still trying to find mine :/

18. Hexagon

19. DangerAlex

I'm pretty sure I have! We met last May through mutual friends. We bonded pretty quickly and became fast friends. We started hanging out all the time, talking and confusing in each other. He told me about his marriage; he and his wife had spent the past couple years trying to make their marriage work and had decided they would separate. He told me about his little boy and introduced us. I told him about my most recent trainwreck of a relationship, how she cheated on me and got pregnant. We both enjoyed having someone to talk to, someone who would listen.

Without even really realizing it, we started becoming attracted to each other. Neither of us has ever been interested in the same sex before, and at first we didn't really do anything about it. Then one night as I was leaving his house I felt compelled to kiss him. So I kissed him. And he kissed me back. We stood there making out up against the wall by his front door, then I left. As I was leaving his neighborhood, he texted me saying he was glad that happened. And I agreed.

We just had our one-year anniversary a few weeks ago :slight_smile: I'm happier than I've ever been and couldn't imagine life without him.

(I wrote about our "story" in my blog for anyone interested in reading about how we got together in more detail.)

#19 DangerAlex, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  20. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *sigh* clearly a "no"...