1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! I don't know what to get...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScatteredEarth, Sep 9, 2014.

1. ScatteredEarth

Hey EC! I know it's been a bit since I've been very active and whatnot, and I have a bunch of news to share with you! First and foremost I want to say a great big HELLO from Pennsylvania! I managed to save up enough cash to fly up here from Florida, and I've been here for a month, coming on my birthday (August 7th)

On that same exact day, I can say I was in 4 different states! Florida, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland, my final stop. I got to meet my boyfriend for the very first time in 11 months, and it.. was... amazing! Now, our 1 year anniversary is coming up on the 18th and I'm most likely coming back to see him for it. Only problem is I don't know what to get for him. He insists he doesn't want anything, but I still want to get him something, and I have a 20 dollar spending limit.

Any ideas as to what I should get him? His favorite color is blue, and he's a gamer, like me if that helps any. Any ideas are much appreciated and thank you in advance

2. Nimun

Some sort of video game accessory or maybe a tie? Idk sometimes I find cool things thrifting, so you could always try that.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does he like Minecraft at all? I know they make blue merchandise like diamond swords and pickaxes. I dunno :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Litveninko

what about a necklace with his name? Its inexpensive, and you can do it at home just google it.

You can also buy necklace with your and his photo in it.. Idk though any ideas. I would say a watch, but your money wouldnt get it.

5. DancingGirl

An interlocking lego heart necklace. I got my girlfriend one of these and she cried. Just google lego heart necklace. You can buy them already made or make it yourself. But it is two necklaces and when put together they make a heart so cute and meaningful especially in a distance relationship.
    Hope you find the perfect gift.

6. ScatteredEarth

Hmm interesting ideas, I was actually gonna go see if I can go thrifting later as well, but any more?

7. ScatteredEarth

Still looking for ideas, I'm desperate :c I'm leaving for Maryland on either Saturday or Sunday

8. Blossom85

I think for a one year anniversary, it is very special.. So I think get him something that he will always look at and think of when and why he got it when he looks at it.. You mentioned him liking blue.. Perhaps a blue colored photo frame with a photo of the two of you.. Does he like any kind of Jewelry? Maybe look at getting him something like that or a mug or glass enraged with your names and a photo of you two on it.. You can get them easily made nowadays.. You could also get a ring with a blue sapphire in it, just something subtle and not too flashy and get the ring engraved.. I just think seeing as it's one year, it's best to get something special rather then an everyday thing you could get or he could buy himself.. It's up to you though.. That is my thoughts on what I would get though.

9. ScatteredEarth

Thanks for the idea, I thought about getting him a ring with a blue gem in it as well. I'm headed to the mall either tomorrow or Saturday, so I'll see what I can find, still interested in what everyone has to offer though.

10. PurpleGrey

Well, the tradition for the first anniversary is paper, so maybe one of those books they make for video games, I'm not sure what they're called, they've got like tips and maybe trivia and behind-the-scenes stuff. Game books or something.

Or maybe tickets to something local, those are usually not so pricey.

You could always go on eBay and find some steal, but you would have to pay more to get it in time, so that wouldn't work so much.

11. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jumping off PurpleGrey's idea, if you're crafty, you could make some paper models (origami or whatever) of his favorite video game characters.