1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have any celebrities helped you in life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Sep 9, 2014.

1. person57

I'll start off with the girl who changed my life, Kesha!!

I used to not love myself and I would shame myself. I used to be so insecure and I couldn't embrace myself and I'd be so sad but that changed when I started to become an animal (huge fan of Kesha) Kesha teaches people to love and accept themselves and to embrace who we are. She teaches us that we all have beauty and that weird is amazing. Kesha made me a Warrior :slight_smile: Kesha's music helps me through hard times and I think Kesha is one of the most unique and talented artists ever. Kesha also showed a great example of staying strong. Earlier this year, she revealed that she's been suffering from bulimia and she decided to go to rehab to recover and learn to love herself again. And Kesha recovered and she's a lot happier now!! Kesha inspired me so much and her music is very amazing and she's literally one of the most unique and talented artists ever!! It's sad how underrated she is. I love her so much and she means the world to me and without her I don't think I'd be as happy as I am now. I would feel like there is something huge missing in my life.

2. person57

3. tulipinacup

While I'm not a fan of her music, I think I really underestimated her as a person because I do think that she really does care for her fans and she's highly intelligent academically and I praise her for that. I'm glad that she has helped you deal things in life.

4. Yosia

Kesha is cool. Celebrities which have 'helped' me are:
    - Avril Lavigne
    - Yohio
    - Many band members
    - Kesha sort of

^.^

5. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No celebrity has helped me.. I prefer direct support from people honestly, but I understand that one can be helped by a celebrity.

6. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not directly as I don't know any "celebrities" as such and therefore I can't really make a judgement on how they are or how they act or their frame of mind for that matter.

There are certain bands and musicians whose music has helped me quite a bit. The band My Bloody Valentine's (NEVER to be confused with Bullet for My Valentine! :wink: ) music has helped me through life as it offers me an escape into a world of awesome guitar sounds so I wouldn't say it's the celebrity more the fruits of their labour that have helped me.

I hope some of that made sense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Hexagon

No, never.

8. ZenMusic

Lady Sovereign (although her career is over now, the way she came out was very brave, apparently there's no room for gay people in grime, kind of made me hate the genre.) She was my inspiration for coming out.
    Michael Jackson. I don't think he liked gay people, but he's the reason why I dance, and I just think he is an amazing person.
    Janet Jackson. She, too, set the precedent. She loved gay people and she's just an amazing musician.

9. wdtgg

Out Status:
    A few people
    If by celebrity you could refer to musicians or writers, and by a way of helping is through their work when you have an awful time of your life and that song or novel help you through that dark time in your life, yes, many music and novels have helped me.

10. Compute

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As a British person, I'm going to have to throw in the great Stephen Fry. He's one of my biggest inspirations because he has overcome the struggles of homosexuality in society as well as coping with bipolar. Such a smart, amazing man who deserves his national treasure status and made me feel for the first time that I'm a normal member of society and shouldn't look down on myself because of who I am.

11. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  12. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Directly? Nope.

Indirectly? I suppose any of their coming out helps a little bit. But it's a relatively small contribution.

13. JustJJx

Wouldn't count him as a celeb, but the drummer from "It Lives, It Breathes" (Adam) was extremely supportive of me when i was going through a bad patch and he talked me away from suicidal thoughts! So thank you Adam :slight_smile:

14. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nope, not really.

15. cuppycake

Lee Joon from MBLAQ. He just helped me be myself, and we're so similar (in terms of personality). We're both being called stupid, we're both fighting the same illness and we're both freaking FABULOUS!

No, but seriously. He's a sweetheart and he puts a smile on my face whenever I need it and no one's here to lend me theirs.

16. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Michael Jackson, Nirvana (band), Eminem, Joan Jett.. there are many more. Basically, music saved my life.

Apart from music. Johnny Depp, Charlie Chaplin, Tim Burton..

I love to read biography books, I like to see what other person sees... I adore it.

Soo.. yes, many celebrities helped and changed my life forever.

17. kem

kem

I've had epiphanies relating to my own life and emotions while listening to a few artists, but I would rather claim that they were my own achievements instead because they are my interpretations after all.

Particularly, Fiona Apple's "this world is bullshit" speech was overwhelming. I'm sad I missed it the first time, but, wow. There's this line in one of her songs: "Be kind to me / or treat me mean / I'll make the most of it I'm an extraordinary machine //" It really helped me realise that it shouldn't matter to me how others treat me, it's what I make of that treatment that counts.

Apple later recycled the sentiment into a much more eloquent form: "Say I'm an airplane / And the gashes I got from my heartbreak / Make the slots and the flaps upon my wing / And I use them to give me a lift // Hip hip / for the lift / Hip Hip / for the drag / I want them all in my bag / Oh give me anything / And I'll turn it into a gift //" It really helped me with an emotional (rather, emotionally voided) break-up.

I'm pressed to come up with anyone else.

18. soulcatcher

19. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There used to be Starts out there.
    Nowadays we have celebrites.
    Answer is no, naturally...

20. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Michael Jackson. I can't even begin to explain to you how much his music helped me during a really bad time in my life.