1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Out Would Say Are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbow Girl, Sep 10, 2014.

?

What percent of major people in your life are out to?

1. 1-10%

29 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. 11-20%

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. 21-30%

8 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. 31-40%

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. 41-50%

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. 51-60%

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. 61-70%

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. 71-80%

9 vote(s)
    7.5%
  9. 81-90%

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. 91-99%

15 vote(s)
    12.5%
  11. 100%

13 vote(s)
    10.8%
  12. I'm not out at all

10 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Rainbow Girl

How out would say are in a percent of major people in your life. Just estimate if you're not sure.

#1 Rainbow Girl, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

My situation is complicated. I came out to my mom, but she's ignoring that it ever happened. Not out at all to my dad

I'm also out to my friends and anyone on FaceBook who reads my posts.

About everywhere else on the internet I either say I'm a cis guy or never tell my gender.
    In real life... I don't talk much to people, so no one knows or cares

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have absolutely no idea how many know right now.. Since I know some tell it to others.. Would have been a little easier if there were bigger groups, like 0 - 25%.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a little bit out but not a lot

5. the haunted

How out am I?

Everyone except grandparents, some aunts/uncles/cousins, and extended family. I'm not trying to hide it from them or anything. They'll figure it out eventually. I don't see most of my extended family but once a year anyways. The only person who I'm purposely trying to hide it from is my grandpa. He's an annoying ass racist homophobe. Everyone knows he's a pain in the ass, so they're on my side lol. If he finds out, he finds out. I just don't want to hear his bull.

I never announced it on Facebook or anything and my "Interested In" is private. My Instagram has gay emojis in the bio. I don't feel the need to announce it all over social media because the people who I regularly talk to already know. I don't care if anyone else knows or not. If they ask, I'll tell them. And I don't want to announce it and have people question my judgement because "OMG but you dated so and so for three years! You can't be gay!" Besides, my Interested In has always been private so for all they know... lol.

6. TheStormInside

I'm only in the very early stages of coming out. A few friends know, but not all, and no one in my family.

7. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not a single person in the Universe that I've ever physically met knows and I doubt anyone has any strong suspicions about me either as I don't fit their horrid stereotypical LGBT characteristics.

8. timo

Pretty much out.

9. Hexagon

Hmm. Assuming the question is about sexuality, I'm not sure how best to answer this. I'm known by some to be bisexual. I've talked about both men and women romantically, and I don't hide anything. I'm not really bisexual, but that is what they can understand. If the people I've told have told everyone else, then I'm fully out. I never really came out, though. It just isn't a big deal.

10. Ryujin

I need to out myself to my family and some people at school don't know so I feel awkward when some friends near me are talking about the best looking in the class and in my head I'm totally going "That Guy!" but don't really want to say anything :grin:

11. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ninja Isan stealthily checking out guys :grin:

12. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm out to all of the people important to me. I'm not out to anyone at work but that's more to it never coming up thsn me hiding it.

I plan to change that soon though on bi visibility day.

Happy days :slight_smile:

13. rmds

I'm mostly the "if you ask, I'll tell you" type. Or if it comes up somehow, etc. I don't go around proclaiming "I'm gay" to everyone because I don't feel I should have to. People don't go around claiming they're straight to everyone.

14. AKTodd

There are two people in my family I'm not out to. One I see for maybe a few hours every few years, the other for maybe a few days every decade or so (although I talk to them on the phone once or twice a year for maybe 20 min). In both cases, it was the consensus of everyone else in my family that it would save on a lot of drama if I didn't come out to them - although if they chips were down (they were to say something anti-gay in my presence), I'd come out to them and damn the drama.

Other than those two, I'm out to virtually everyone else in my family, all my friends, my boss and co-workers, plus any random strangers who know what the HRC bumpersticker on my car means.:thumbsup:

Todd

15. Candace

I'm not out to some of my friends, my colleagues, classmates, and about 90% of my family, so...that makes my percentage lower than you think.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't put a number on it but I'm semi out , my mom found out I was lesbian when I accidentally outed myself, but now she's in denial so it's like it never happened .Now it's just my friends know i'm lesbian .

17. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think the family and close friends suspect I'm not straight, since I won't tolerate any homophobic or transphobic comments, but I never told anyone directly what/who I am.

18. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Voted not out at all, but I guess that's not true because I am on this site. So maybe like 1%

19. Polemarch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't need both my hands to count how many people I'm out to. But if people were to ask I'll tell them. I don't find it that necessary to tell someone I'm gay right when I meet them. It comes up when it comes up. Still hiding from my parents, younger sister knows...(i think), my best friend knows and a few other people

20. Maccy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I voted 1-10% : out to my two best friends, and around 10 people whom I've spent 2 years together in class with. Initially I wanted to be out only to my two best friends but one of them accidentally 'slipped' the news out. It kind of caught me off guard because I trusted her and told her not to tell it to anyone, but since the people who found it out were good friends of mine, they were cool with it and they even started hanging out with me more.

I won't even think of coming out to any member of my family; my mother and I aren't that close but I feel that she'd be furious and really disappointed in me if she finds out.