1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Totally Psyched for GSA This Year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Amy, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Amy

Amy

Its going to be frickin' awesome! Our first meeting was today, and so were the elections. freetochoose is Treasurer, AJAYsavage is President, and I got VP! It was me and another bisexual running, so I just had to say "may the best bisexual win" ^_^ It was awesome.

A little story of our GSA. The club has been at my school for 11 years now, and the school has progressed ALOT since the start. The club didn't do much last year. There were alot of changes in officers. In Dec. the original Pres. transfered, then in April the next Pres.(the original VP) resigned, because he didnt want to be President. It was quite dramatic, and there were alot of people to watch it happen. By alot of people, I mean the roughly 50 people who came to that meeting for the Day of Silence. Over 100 people did DOS, plus the speaking supporters.

This year we are (hopefully) going to be helping with No On 8. For those who do not know, if Prop 8 is passed, the allowance of marriage equality will be no more. We will be having Movie Nights. Im just going to say one quick thing, our school mascot is a cowboy. :wink: But most importatly, Choose Another Word. CAW is about not saying "that's so gay" or anything else homophobic like that. Basically, when someone says "that's so gay", instead of just staying silent, we are going to tell them not to, and to choose another word. And DOS, of course.

I just felt like sharring my happiness. :grin:

2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

That's so cool!! Good luck with all your events/campaigns.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That is awesome! Your school has had a GSA for 11 years? Wow, I didn't even know they existed that far back. My school's (and my kids school) mascot is a cowboy also. Congratulations on your appointment as Vice-President. I hope you have continued successes.