1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your Best Memories?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jguy365, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's so easy to get lost in day-to-day stress, sadness, whatever...and get lost and forget about the things that have made us happy and make us happy now. Something that I love to do is look at memories that make me smile. Here is one of mine:

Today, I bought the Fiddler on the Roof Soundtrack. When I played it, I smiled. It took me right back in time to 2 years ago when I performed in Fiddler at my school. That experience meant to much to me. It was something I never dreamed that I would ever accomplish. What a feeling it was when I saw my name on the cast list! The experience was amazing. It was so much fun and I made a lot of friends...and also beat my fear of the stage! Listening to the CD takes me right back to the stage.

What memories of yours make you smile? Think of some when you are down and let them pick you up and dust you up and fill your heart with the hope to find more of those remarkable memories in the days to come.

2. black-cat

Mmmm.... The day my dog, at 6 weeks old, still with his litter- he came up to me and yawned. Love at first sight. My cat did the same, at 8 weeks old, but he tried to rip my necklace off, also love at first sight. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The day I heard "You have just hit the biggest physical milestone since you learnt to walk as a baby", just a few weeks ago after learning and getting used to walking again and hitting 250 meters walking for the first time in 6 years.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The day I met black-cat.

:lol:

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Writting.

5. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

When I was a kid, me and my twin always played in the back garden looking for insects.. It was so sunny, clear blue skies.. We played until our mom told us to eat. She was always singing when she cooks.. Now.. the weeds are over grown.. it feels so empty.

In the summer, it was a hot day.. we had out garden chair out with the radio on.. I used to go to the shops and buy sweets and Ice Pops.. and pretend I had a shop in the kitchen..

I loved relaxing in the sun listening to music and falling asleep.. I guess I can still do it now but.. back then there were no thoughts of responsibility, I was oblivious to everything living in a kid's world, free from anxiety. Now I get occasionally rapid heart beats... anxiety.. I can't really relax 100% anymore.. I just hope I can change that.

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2014 at 09:29 PM ----------

When me and my bros played on the game consoles.. I always got excited.. Big smile on my face.. Now.. I find it hard to be happy... and we hardly interact anymore, despite still living together.

6. ThePrideInside4

My second date in 7th grade.
    We went to see a movie for my 13th birthday. I really wasn't paying attention to the movie at all. I was too busy sucking face. :laugh:

7. TurtleCat

Most of my favorite memories are of my parents, who are both gone now. And my childhood in general.

I remember when I was 7 years old and my dad bought me a CD and Popeye's chicken one day. I remember watching TV shows with my dad and laughing at them together. My dad taking me to the zoo, the museum, out to eat. Sigh.

Staying up all night playing RPGs for hours on end as a kid, I barely get time to do that anymore. Or drawing my comics for hours on end. Different pets I had as a kid, and the times I spent with them.

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Video games. I have so much nostalgia as a child with them. We got a Super Nintendo when I was 2 or 3, and it became an obsession in my youth. It was the one way my family spent time with me as well. Nowadays, I don't have the time anymore.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

Going to Hawaii with my family as a kid. Pretty much all my favorite memories are from my childhood

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was 9, I remember one of my younger cousins stayed for the night at my house while his mom was in the hospital about to give birth with his younger brother. He and I had a similar crazy sense of humor, we were often the clowns at family events like birthdays, which was frequent since there were like 8-10 cousins at various ages. I remember we were sleeping on the floor in the living room, and so we amused ourselves by saying funny words in our parents' native language, like "butthead." It was so stupid, but we couldn't stop giggling. I guess it was unique because it was unusual.

Another time, I remember being the first "kid" to see a cousin who had just been born at the hospital, sometime late at night. I don't know why, but it just made me feel more connected to him (his dad is my godfather), and I'm always amazed when I see him now as a young man. It's kind of like I've known you from day 1!

11. Randomcloud

Band camp back in high school. I'm serious, I'm a huge band geek so hanging out for 3 days with my fellow band nerds and playing music non-stop is like utopia to me

12. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I saw my little sister for the first time, I would say for all my siblings but I can't remember my two brothers and when I saw my other sister for the first time was quite distressing because she was premature and hooked up in scary machines.