1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question of curiosity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomstranger, Sep 13, 2014.

1. randomstranger

First off, I mean no disrespect to anyone here. I was talking with my daughter about something, and we were both curious about this in particular. This seemed like the best community to ask.

Now I'm going to try and word this without being offensive to anyone, but I am sorry if it comes out sounding brash or anything of the sort.

Lets say there are two guys. Kyle and Stan. Stan likes Kyle, so that makes Stan Gay, right?

But what if Stan relates himself to being female? Like Mentally he is female, but in a male body. Would he still be gay, or straight because he associates himself with being female?

And if he were to get a sex-change operation, and become physically female. Since he was originally male, and had the feelings for another male while he was still male, would that make him gay as a female, or would that make him straight?

Now I know there is No correct answer to this, as each person will feel differently about this, I am just curious to see how other people see this, and what others opinions on it are.

2. Candace

I mean, he could be genderfluid and identify himself as the gender that he's not born with. But in my opinion, I wouldn't say that he's straight.

3. Yosia

If Stan were transgender MtF then she would be straight.

4. TurtleCat

In that situation, I would consider Stan to be a straight female

5. randomstranger

Aye, that was kind of the question we were more pondering. He's male, in a male body, but identifies himself as female.

The conversation I had with my daughter was basically,
    me: "what would you say if I told you I wanted to be a girl"
    her: "I know what I would say"
    "would you be straight bi or lez"

Which then started a conversation about it all. How do people identify themselves in those situations? and how would other people identify you in that situation?

And I thank you all, and appreciate your answers on it!

6. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

(Insert Stan's new name as a a female) would be a straight woman.

And let me say that you seem to be such an open-minded person who is bringing his daughter up in a very good way. :wink:

#6 Anonymous777, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
  7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If Stan was a Trans Female, then (s)he would be straight. If Stan was transgendered, she would have never been a male save for being biologically male.

8. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'd just say that Stan appears to be attracted to or have a preference for guys and to hell with the labels.

Happy days :slight_smile:

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This curiosity has already been answered, but...

Surely, I was not the only one, who saw those example-names, and thought, "South Park?".

10. randomstranger

Thank you. That actually means a lot coming from someone I've never met. (its quite a story of how I am even considered her dad..) And I want her to feel comfortable being who she is/who she wants to be, especially after all the crap I went through with my family growing up..

and yea... it was spur of the moment naming.. I haven't watched south park since the movie came out, but the names stick in my head..

Again, thank you all.

11. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you don't magically become male or female after having a surgery. stan was identified male at birth but now identifies as female, having a penis doesn't mean she's not a "real" woman. [you might want to read this, the article is about trans men but it brings up the myth that every trans person wants genital reconstruction].

so, if stan identifies as female and is only attracted to men then she's straight.

i was thinking the same thing :lol:

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

They would be straight