1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who would you choose?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyLittleWorld, Sep 13, 2014.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Ryujin

Wil Wheaton would sit directly opposite me (4) because then I could speak to him properly. I'd have Carl Sagan at 2 and Neil de grasse Tyson at 3 with Gene Rodenberry at 5 and Patrick Stewart at 6, Christopher Hitchens at 7 and Stephen Fry at 1.

3. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    1) Richard Dawkins
    2) Charles Darwin
    3) Stephen Fry
    4) Kevin Shields
    5) Christopher Hitchens
    6) Karl Marx
    7) David Bowie

4. Blossom85

1: Jensen Ackles
    2: Eliza Dushku
    3: Beverley Mitchell
    4: Cindy Sampson
    5: Richard Marx
    6: Jared Padalecki
    7: Misha Collins

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

In another thread similar to this one, I chose:

Masamune Date, 1567-1636: Masamune appeared to be ahead of the curve, when it came to Japanese politics and social events. I can also relate to the hardships he had to endure with his parents and clan. I think he'd be a fascinating individual to hold a conversation with, especially since he was an awesome tactician and an elegant speaker.

Jesus: I feel kind of bad for not being original, but I'm curious as to his stance on various issues and topics. I'm also intrigued by what he would have to say about the world we live in. Basically, I think he could bring a lot to the dinner conversation... I'd also want to see him turn water into wine, LOL.

Huey P. Newton, 1942-1989: One half of the founding force of the Black Panthers. I've always been interested in Afro-American or African socio-political issues, and I believe Huey P. Newton could provide for a riveting conversation. I was torn between him and Malcolm X, but I have a feeling Newton would bring a lot of the same force as Malcolm X, so it works out. Also, his dealings with the law would resonate with myself, and would provide another perspective to any topics we discussed.

Napoleon Bonaparte, 1769-1821: Often considered one of the greatest tacticians and leaders in history. I'd bring Napoleon to the dinner because, well, I'm sure he'd have some unique opinions. I would also want to get a better idea of his ambitions, and his true feelings. Much of what he did came when, after so many outstanding and rapid successes, he succumbed to megalomania. This, too, is something I would want to be around. I often have a paranoid feeling I, too, will succumb to this if provided the resources or power. By subjecting myself to this, I like to believe I could be better prepared. On top of that, I kind of want to play Chess with Napoleon, to see where I'd stand.

Grigori Rasputin, 1869-1916: One of the most bizarre and perverse individuals. But it is because of these two things that he'd also, like the others, bring a unique perspective to the dinner. I'd also want to know more about his mystic powers, and his dealings with life in general. While he was a known womanizer, and this is a terrible thing, it would be fascinating to get to know why he acted as he did. Also, I'd want to see a mystic duel between Jesus and Rasputin.

Now, let us see... only seven; and not repeating anybody, from before...

Buddha (1)
    Just an interesting individual. I assume they would have much to say.

Hannibal Barca (2)
    I want to speak to the man who, despite all odds, made Rome cower in fear. I assume he, too, would have much to say.

Malcolm X (3)
    An interesting factor, to any and all conversations. I think it would be interesting, to see how he would relate to, say, Buddha.

Aristotle (4)
    He tutored Alexander the Great. I'm sure he would bring a good deal to the table.

Tomoe Gozen (5)
    Female samurai. Yeah, you read that right. She'd have an interesting perspective, I'm sure, and I think it would be neat, to learn from her.

Catherine the Great (6)
    Like the others, I assume she'd have a lot to say. I do know, the temptation to make a 'horse joke' would run high, but I could manage... I think.

Eva Peron (7)
    It would be interesting to see, what she had to say, but also, to get to better understand the woman.

6. Peter Pansexual

nikola tesla, edward snowden (lols), from big brother: derrick, donny, nicole, cody, and hayden.

7. Candace

Carrie Underwood, Ricky Martin, Charlie Chaplin, Carmen Miranda, John F. Kennedy, and Paul McCartney :grin:.

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Elizabeth Taylor, Mae West, Jesus Christ 1--7

It should be one heck of a dinner party.

9. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Ellen DeGeneres, Taylor Swift, Kate Mulgrew, Julie Andrews, Selena, Cleopatra, and Anastasia Romanov.

10. awesomeness

1) Kathy Griffin
    2) Joan Rivers (RIP)
    3) Lisa Ann
    4) Howard Stern
    5) Tyler Posey
    6) Raven Symone
    7) Dylan Sprayberry (to have fun with after the dinner party)