1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Would Your Funeral Be Like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Partially inspired by the What do YOU wear to a funeral? thread, but mostly brought about by a morbid curiosity.

What kind of funeral would you like to have? Who do you think would show up? Who would you NOT want to show up? If anyone. Would you have any special requests? Particular songs played? Certain photographs displayed? Would you want it to be elaborate or simple?

Also, would you prefer to be cremated, embalmed, or some other method? It can be something culturally or religiously inspired, or something as outlandish as cryogenics (specially preserved).

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe something full of art stuff and instead of plain tomb I'm gonna shape it to something different and eye catching. Or could be a unicorn with rainbow on it and flag too. I want to have a funeral march that looks like pride parade instead of the typical one. The people who will attend to my funeral should have printed statement shirt that has their last message for me. It could also be a meme of spock that says "Live long and Prosper" :grin:

In short I just want my funeral to be cool and memorable where it could put a smile on their faces instead of sad and eyes full of tears. :slight_smile:

4. Peter Pansexual

Idk, nor do I really want to. Let's just hope they find a way to make people immortal.

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2014 at 12:41 PM ----------

(!)idk

5. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I plan to have no funeral. My body will be donated for research, followed by cremation, with the ashes to be scattered at sea. Or, if I had a garden, I would do like folksinger Lee Hays of The Weavers:
    "His body was cremated, and his friends met to mix the ashes with his compost pile."

6. Candace

I haven't gotten that far ahead yet. I'd like the Beatles to be played (all of their hits), along with having a procession of people in Sargent Peppers' band attire. :grin:

7. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

[youtube]xYTtu-6tMM8[/youtube]

8. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't want a funeral, I want a cremation. Never thought about the details..

9. rmds

I've actually thought about this before and I have no idea who would come. I almost wish a ghost of the future would take me on a journey to peer into the future so I could see.

10. wdtgg

Out Status:
    A few people
    When my mom passed away I wrote on a paper the music I'd like to be played in my funeral. I lost the paper at some point. It all made me thing about my future funeral, and left quite many options open.

I just hope it'd be something simple, as the usual I've seen in my family, just have the music I liked played during the "velatorio" (We have the tradition to have the family and acquaintances gather for a day, before the funeral and burial really takes place).
    I don't care if my relatives decide to go on a religious mass or not, I just would like to be buried with my mom or at least on the same cemetery. If I were to decide to be cremated, I'd like the ashes were spread in meaningful places for me, but that'll mean to travel quite a bit.

If I were to die on a big tragic event which would turn my normal funeral into a politicals appearing to get votes for elections, I wouldn't like my family would agree to it, I hope they won't attend nor let my name be involved in that.

Other that than in general I don't care who shows up, I don't consider to have any foe, I just would like the whole thing were private.

11. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd like everyone who bothers to go to wear a T-Shirt, shorts and flip-flops combination. I'd also like the place where it's held at to be hotboxed by the time I'm flung into the ground. Also, a bit of MBV played through loud speakers would be nice.

12. timo

I My ego wants this song to be played. "WHEN SOMEONE GREAT IS GONE!"

People have to drink beer though. And dance. I want my life to be celebrated.

13. PICollins91

Nah, not a funeral, my idea would be burial at sea:

1. Take my body to the biggest body of water nearby.

2. Bring cement and chains.

3. Pour cement around feet, then while drying write "Michael Corleone says hello" on bottom of cement shoes.

4. Toss in middle of body of water upon drying with chains.

5. Let the fun begin.

14. Dalmatian

The body I would like to be put into my family's grave lot with no ceremony, no nothing. Just a name on the stone, the same as for others.

The people I would like to raise a glass and think "he was a good person". And then go on with their business.

15. awesomeness

I want a stripper with a big ass to dance on my casket

16. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    this:
    [youtube]35ZQObLDK-o[/youtube]

---

Seriously? I don't care. I really don't. All I ask as for them to bury me with my plush birds. And my phone, in case I get buried alive.

17. stormborn

my funeral will be whatever the people i leave behind want it to be. funerals are for the people who are alive, and have to deal with you being gone. plus i'll be dead and be haunting some shit or falling into a black abyss or whatever, i won't give a fuck what goes on there :shrug:

i don't want an open mic, though. i went to a memorial service where there was an open mic and no one stood up to talk... that was just awkward and really really sad. so, none of that, please.

18. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My funeral is going to be full of cheerleaders and balloons

19. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i would probably want a viking funeral of some short. i don't want to be buried in a casket, hey less room for others ain't it? i saw an idea on the internet once of attaching my body to a fan while the space jam theme played.
    i'd have a playist so people won't get bored by the same song over and over again.
    Michael Jackson - leave me alone ( i want a clown dancing to this )
    Amon amarth - rune to my memory
    candlemass - solitude
    hypocrisy - apocalypse
    type o negative - the profit of doom
    not too sure haha, maybe a big circus act

i always told everyone that if i die and i had a funeral, just wear whatever the fuck they want.

20. ThePrideInside4

I would want an open-casket funeral, because I want my loved ones to catch one last glimpse of me before I get buried. I would want them to play their favorite YouTube videos of mine, so they remember me as that-talented-person, not that freak-of-nature. My drawings and paintings would be hung everywhere too. And all my favorite foods at the buffet table. Gummy bears, chocolate fountain, tacos, spaghetti and meatballs, eggs, toast, hash browns, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and mint patties. Basically, I want all the attendees to live and breathe me. So they know what I was like before I left.